Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
So I have done a total of 700 miles in the two months I have had it due to the covid. On Tuesday next week I get to take a genuinely essential business trip and may even have to charge whilst out! How sad is it that this is genuinely making me excited!!! :D
Sponsored

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Not sad at all! If you can update us here about your trip and how it went, that'd be cool. I'm picking up mine (hopefully) next wednesday. I too cannot wait to go on a long trip and fastcharge somewhere :D

Enjoy your trip!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
My 5825 miles 4S hasn’t turned a wheel since Jan 12th .... more double beak to right leg than Covid ... but my brand new PY21 Turbo Taycan awaits the moment I get insurance to drive back as legal and also thay I can justify 300 mile trip to (and same “from”) the dealership!
I can’t wait!

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Not sad at all! If you can update us here about your trip and how it went, that'd be cool. I'm picking up mine (hopefully) next wednesday. I too cannot wait to go on a long trip and fastcharge somewhere :D

Enjoy your trip!
So good to be able to get out albeit for a day!

240 mile round trip, dry conditions, 10 degrees outside.

Car went well, started with 100% and arrived at destination with 31% after some *cough* spirited driving on A's and Mway. Luckily there are two 50kw osprey chargers adjacent to location and 31p per KWh on zapmap and 36p on debit card. No time restrictions so left car back to 100% at a cost of £17. Had some issues starting the charge but seemed to be related to CCS cable not being perfectly seated, once that was done it charged to 100% in about 1hr 40.

Car is a great FAST cruiser, only negatives on the day was getting Carplay to wake up (was testing Waze) - resolved by reconnecting to car wifi. The other was/is Active Lane Keeper (ALK) especially on A roads. Quite aggressive in how it forces the lane discipline and therefore feels a bit unnatural. Realise you can turn off but wanted to test at night and certainly knows where the lanes are.

Back home at 9pm and back on the podpoint for a gentle 7kw/85% top up.
Sponsored