TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
On Monday at 3:30 am I realised that I forgot to charge my Taycan, so I went to plug it and the 4 hours should have been enough to get sufficient electron.

So I plugged the Porsche Charger and... it refused to charge. Got an electrical default (forgot to take a picture, too early to think straight:p:p). Battery temp was -3°C (26°F) outside temp was -8°C (18°F), SoC 35%. The car was unable to start the heating/climatisation.

So I switched off the car, taken care of the snow around and went back to my car 15 minutes later, plugged in the charger and there ... miracle it worked again.

Does anybody experienced the same typre of problems?
Sponsored

AZSUT

First Name
Azeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Saloon
Country flag
On Monday at 3:30 am I realised that I forgot to charge my Taycan, so I went to plug it and the 4 hours should have been enough to get sufficient electron.

So I plugged the Porsche Charger and... it refused to charge. Got an electrical default (forgot to take a picture, too early to think straight:p:p). Battery temp was -3°C (26°F) outside temp was -8°C (18°F), SoC 35%. The car was unable to start the heating/climatisation.

So I switched off the car, taken care of the snow around and went back to my car 15 minutes later, plugged in the charger and there ... miracle it worked again.

Does anybody experienced the same typre of problems?
Yes, I have had this problem in London using the basic PMCC+ EVSE which only provides 2kwh. It has been very cold and the battery was at 5 degrees celcius. Did you manage to resolve this at all/find a solution?