EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Anyone restore their exterior plastics? My charge port door came “faded” from Porsche and recently I had a clay wax done on my car and the plastics look terrible. I was wondering if anyone had any products they’ve used to restore the plastic parts.

Porsche Taycan Exterior Plastics Restoration 1C8B50FF-E241-4BA3-9EDF-4980A39B1457

Porsche Taycan Exterior Plastics Restoration F1466549-9FF4-4805-A2C1-150DB0C689C9

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
This is my go to product for that.

303 Aerospace Protectant - Provides Superior UV Protection, Helps Prevent Fading and Cracking, Repels Dust, Lint, and Staining, Restores Lost Color and Luster, 32oz (30313CSR) Packaging May Vary https://a.co/d/aPP5TZL

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Second vote for 303. Can easily buy on Amazon. I like it because it doesn't produce a shiny finish that many other products have.

It even takes out small scratches! I think it can restore that discolouration on your car no problem

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Don’t worry
I don’t think it’s ‘faded’
Car is too new.
Just wax on the plastic.
You need a different valet guy for the waxing. They need to put it on the paint only and keep it off or get it off the plastic.
The wax residue comes off the plastic perfectly with a simple pencil eraser. Videos on you tube.
I cleaned up the plastic on the teardrops around the headlights this way. It is that simple. No expensive products required!

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
I have to second (third) the wax residue theory. Try peanut butter or peanut oil. Both worked on my plastic wrapped Audi Allroad.
Sponsored