proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The following comparative image suggests a new sharp crease on the bonnet from the inner aspect of the headlights towards to side mirrors, the bonnet on the current model is more rounded.

I understand the Taycan designers fought hard to keep the Taycan’s headlights distinct from the rest of the range so I would be a little surprised if they changed, except for aero reasons and this design if confirmed does look cleaner, but somehow more bland and less interesting.

Of more significance would be any range or battery changes although I suspect they are likely to be minor and major changes saved for the Gen 2 model.

70AB772E-B6A2-4796-9171-FBA8000DEDCA.jpeg
Thanks for that side-by-side. The current design looks way better. Hopefully without all the duct tape the facelift will look better than that, although doesn’t look promising. Hope Porsche won’t go the BMW route of butchering beautiful exteriors (like they did with the current M2-4’s)

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Was this leaked on purpose to keep up the current demand? Definitely looks too uninteresting, and too much like Panamera. If they flatten the headlights like this, it will be really sad sad sad.

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
This definitely looks heavily camouflaged to make it look like current design.. look at the uneven reflection and bumps/dents:

Porsche Taycan Facelift 2024 Taycan Sedan and Sport Turismo Test Prototypes Spied (Note: bumper still covered / camouflaged) 📸 Screenshot_20221020_125326

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I have yet to place an order for a Taycan and still working through that. Given such a long ETA in this part of the world (for a GTS), this is kind of interesting. I'm liking the look of the facelift.

I wonder if the facelift might have some other equipment, efficiency, and infotainment updates too? We have a BMW iX M60 and the tech in that blows the Taycan away, the Taycan has other major advances too -- and the Taycan/iX M60 is almost the perfect garage to me.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I’m just hoping they won’t add a stalkless yoke with all touch controls as the sole steering option (cheaper, simpler supply chain).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Anyone know when this gen will ship? I've got an order placed since June, scheduled for delivery April 2023 (which I do not believe will happen for one moment intuit time scale), but, I don't really want to end up with a company lease car over a three year term being the last of what will 'soon' be the 'old' shape model. Any thoughts on release dates for Gen 2?
No but this would be MY24 (earliest) and if so production won't start until September but available to configure from late July on the configurator.

MY change typically comes in July.

JamesP

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
The first facelift Taycan prototypes have just been spied, showing there are some changes coming to the front and rear designs. All of them were spotted with redesigned headlights, covered-up front bumper hiding a new design , and the two sedans also have some camouflage on the rear bumper. It also appears that the rear lights have gotten some tweaks.

Porsche Taycan facelift 1.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 3.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 2.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 4.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 5.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 6.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 7.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 8.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 9.jpg

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo facelift 1.jpg

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo facelift 2.jpg

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo facelift 3.jpg

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo facelift 4.jpg

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo facelift 5.jpg

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo facelift 6.jpg

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo facelift 7.jpg

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo facelift 9.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 10.jpg

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo facelift 8.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 11.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 12.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 13.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 14.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 15.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 16.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 17.jpg

Porsche Taycan facelift 18.jpg
I hope the front lights stay. It’s such a nice design detail looping into the trunk/bonnet. But sometimes these things are down to manufacturing lessons and tolerances. Anyway brilliant motor either way. Still waiting for mine!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Front headlights if covered as per other models does it for me.
Have you considered a custom cover for the current headlights? I think there are shops which could do it for you.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Regardless of how much fun people make, I am pretty sure the facelift will look quite good. I am also pretty sure that Porsche has masked off the design in such a way that it is hard to tell what it actually looks like. Even like that, the front shot makes the facelift look better than the actual model imho.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Regardless of how much fun people make, I am pretty sure the facelift will look quite good. I am also pretty sure that Porsche has masked off the design in such a way that it is hard to tell what it actually looks like. Even like that, the front shot makes the facelift look better than the actual model imho.
It could be that the car is a drone for the Panamera EV which already has covered headlights.

Porsche typically doesn't make such dramatic changes to headlights once a model is launched.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Honestly I think the corner dents look bad, and the more flush headlights are much less distinctive. Not a fan.
it seems they just covered with vinyl what is probably a massive air intake for the breaks or a radiator. It's not supposed to be a dent :)

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
'Adventskalender Taycan' Model Car has a .2 styled headlights already :cool:
Porsche Taycan Facelift 2024 Taycan Sedan and Sport Turismo Test Prototypes Spied (Note: bumper still covered / camouflaged) 📸 IMG_4649
Porsche Taycan Facelift 2024 Taycan Sedan and Sport Turismo Test Prototypes Spied (Note: bumper still covered / camouflaged) 📸 IMG_4650