B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I still don’t like those (mazda style) lights.

btw: I have nothing against Mazda; on the contrary, my wife’s mazda6 was the only car with any failure. Any single failure even years after 3-year warranty and definitelly less expensive ownership ever. Same with 2nd mazda6 (my daughter’s).
Sponsored

Last edited:

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
If this is the 2024 model year Taycan, when is the expected SOP for that model year? July 2023?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If this is the 2024 model year Taycan, when is the expected SOP for that model year? July 2023?
Most likely available to configure MY24 from late July onwards and cars built from Late August early September onwards.

Don't assume however that these facelifts will materialise for MY24.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Interesting reading the views. I agree the final car will look better but Porsche do have a history of changing headlights and I love the current front look as it's different. I have a GTS on order with an allocation for a MY2023 so I won't be asking that to be delayed unless it slips to June. Then again buying a car just before a facelift can be annoying and affect residuals.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Interesting reading the views. I agree the final car will look better but Porsche do have a history of changing headlights and I love the current front look as it's different. I have a GTS on order with an allocation for a MY2023 so I won't be asking that to be delayed unless it slips to June. Then again buying a car just before a facelift can be annoying and affect residuals.
I can't see the headlights undergoing such a radical change as this would break the mould from prior models.

Headlights on original 911, Cayman, Boxster, Macan, Panamera, Cayenne have changed subtly over the years in terms of shape (and tech inside) but to add a cover might be a bit of a radical change for the Taycan as I'm sure this was on the drawing board originally but dropped for whatever reason.

An all new model of the Taycan in 2027 is potentially more likely in my view but who knows!

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can't see the headlights undergoing such a radical change as this would break the mould from prior models.

Headlights on original 911, Cayman, Boxster, Macan, Panamera, Cayenne have changed subtly over the years in terms of shape (and tech inside) but to add a cover might be a bit of a radical change for the Taycan as I'm sure this was on the drawing board originally but dropped for whatever reason.

An all new model of the Taycan in 2027 is potentially more likely in my view but who knows!
I certainly hope the new model doesn't change much as owning a MY2023 towards the end of production would mean I could have waited. I'm waiting for an update on delivery date. Porsche France are apparently reviewing all allocations today or tomorrow so we will see.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I certainly hope the new model doesn't change much as owning a MY2023 towards the end of production would mean I could have waited. I'm waiting for an update on delivery date. Porsche France are apparently reviewing all allocations today or tomorrow so we will see.
It is tricky but traditionally Porsche only typically make subtle changes and limited external ones especially this early in the model lifecycle - acknowledging how this can impact residuals.

As an aside those of us with Taycans (MY20 - MY22) effectively have a MY23 following the recent uPdate campaign which is a fairly unique position to be in. No physical changes whatsoever.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
It is tricky but traditionally Porsche only typically make subtle changes and limited external ones especially this early in the model lifecycle - acknowledging how this can impact residuals.

As an aside those of us with Taycans (MY20 - MY22) effectively have a MY23 following the recent uPdate campaign which is a fairly unique position to be in. No physical changes whatsoever.
That’s a good point, I’ve also been told that there’s another significant update coming next year. I hope they can sort the gremlins that afflict the PCM, I’m almost surprised now if it fires up first time! My ideal would be to time a new order to coincide with any ‘physical update’, but looking at the barrel shoot that is allocations and deliveries I think it would be impossible to time it right.

I hope for everyones sake that Porsche can bring the situation under control soon, maybe get some new people into PR as well, it’s not acceptable.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Yes I was aware of the updates which is good. Let's hope it continues and we get MY2024 updates.

Also as you say Porsche never make drastic changes historically. I was going to buy a X5 LCI Xdrive45e available next year and that is a major update for just a refresh. Power up from 390 bhp to 480 bhp, new interior, new dash, new iDrive 8, cosmetic changes on the outside and they are the known changes. They are even renaming the model a Xdrive50e. So this is awful for residuals of the 45e.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I hope they extend that approach to including any modest power upgrades that they might make (purely through software) for new model years.
Sponsored