andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Exactly, Porsche usually doesn't do major changes on facelifts and why they would with the Taycan which looks 10/10. They will make it look even better no doubt.

Technically they are lagging behind and that's where I expect some really nice improvements.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
At this point, I am going to give Porsche the benefit of the doubt when it comes to pre-production photos but Porsche if you are listening, most Taycan buyers like the unique design features of the current model. Please evolve the design without making the entire Porsche line-up look essentially the same.

tomgron

First Name
Tommi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base 2022
Country flag
Maybe it’s just the angle of the pictures or maybe I’m crazy but It looks to me like the refresh will modify the quarter panel transition into the hood and “cut off” a bit of the radius and now has a sharper edge if you will. If true then IMO, I think the current rounded shape looks better.
You're right - at least the headlights look weird...

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Definitely and think I do prefer the smoother design on my 2022 4S:

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 1.06.35 PM.png
Based on these pics, I also prefer the look of the current generation (and hoping my order stays as a MY23)... with the smoother curves extending above the headlights and the way the headlights are set back on the inner corners closest to the hood emblem.

I have confidence in Porsche that the revised bumper will continue to look great in the facelift. I wonder if the facelift headlight / hood design is also meant to help slightly with wind resistance.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Based on these pics, I also prefer the look of the current generation (and hoping my order stays as a MY23)... with the smoother curves extending above the headlights and the way the headlights are set back on the inner corners closest to the hood emblem.

I have confidence in Porsche that the revised bumper will continue to look great in the facelift. I wonder if the facelift headlight / hood design is also meant to help slightly with wind resistance.
In respect airflow yes I'm sure it will have prob a small benefit in respect range besides conforming to other model light assemblies but the current Taycan light design is particularly unique imo and glad I have it :)

Blingrhino

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross turismo
Country flag
i have the auto PDLS lights and to be honest i am a pretty underwhelmed.
My previous A6 ones were miles ahead in auto dipping/verge lighting etc.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
i have the auto PDLS lights and to be honest i am a pretty underwhelmed.
My previous A6 ones were miles ahead in auto dipping/verge lighting etc.
Appreciate the perspective. How's the headlight brightness generally? any concerns?

The (non-matrix) PDLS+ on the 4S seem like they should be plenty bright (see video below). Here in the US, given regulations, matrix headlight technology isn't enabled. Beyond preferring current year headlight design, I don't think I need double the brightness or any more LED pixels that I can't take advantage of anyway.

mb3195

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Appreciate the perspective. How's the headlight brightness generally? any concerns?

The (non-matrix) PDLS+ on the 4S seem like they should be plenty bright (see video below). Here in the US, given regulations, matrix headlight technology isn't enabled. Beyond preferring current year headlight design, I don't think I need double the brightness or any more LED pixels that I can't take advantage of anyway.

Personally I think my matrix lights are amazing and the best I’ve ever had on any car.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

I was really disappointed that my matrix LED lights had to be removed last year…even though they are not active in the US. I was pleasantly surprised that the PDLS+ is very good. This will hold me over well until Porsche releases the next version of the LEDs which will be on par with their competitors for top tech headlights.

Blingrhino

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross turismo
Country flag

Brightness is fantastic probably better than A6 but overall audi streets ahead with timing dip, verge management and auto adjustment on motorway for oncoming traffic.

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche needs to worry about the software and that’s it. The design is a 10/10. They are literally wasting time doing anything with the design “refresh”

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Porsche needs to worry about the software and that’s it. The design is a 10/10. They are literally wasting time doing anything with the design “refresh”
100% agreed. Focus on improving the software and app...increase range a bit...and it'll be an even hotter car than it is now.
Sponsored