wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
I read in various groups and forums that a facelift will be coming on the model 2024 with orders possible from summer 2023.

My local Porsche dealer checked with the head office and it seems that this facelift will only come in the summer 2024 for delivery in 2025. It's a disappointment for me because the actual Taycan doesn't make me happy if I compare it to my S from 2017 for autonomy and ADAS!. Who has more information about this facelift from reliable sources?
Sponsored

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
As much as I'd love for there to be a MY24 Taycan refreshed announced this year (2023), I think it makes sense if they push it out.

Current generation Cayenne has been MY2019, 20, 21, 22, and 23. Way longer than usual. As we've learned, MY24 will finally be the refresh, and I expect it'll be revealed this spring.

The 992.1, which has been MY2020, 21, 22, and 23 has had a similar length as Taycan (though 992.1 came out slightly before Taycan; there are some MY2019 992.1's in Europe). The 911 is really due for a refresh.

I think it would be odd for Porsche to do three refreshes all in the same year! Here are my timing predictions: They're likely going to release refreshed MY24 Cayenne and MY24 992.2 this year, along with MY24 Macan EV this fall (probably at the LA Auto Show). Then, they'll release refreshed MY25 Taycan (and perhaps refreshed MY25 Panamera) sometime in 2024. Then, we'll see the 718 EV release sometime in late 2024 or even 2025 (either as a MY25 or MY26). The recent Taycan 'uPdate' is likely Porsche's way of holding us all over.

My $0.02!

Last edited:

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
You don’t want to switch from 5y old S to current Taycan? Why are you even looking?
it’s a totally different vehicle and Porsche doesn’t charge for OTA vaporware.
you buy a Porsche for emotion, not for vaporware autonomous driving options.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I read in various groups and forums that a facelift will be coming on the model 2024 with orders possible from summer 2023.
My local Porsche dealer checked with the head office and it seems that this facelift will only come in the summer 2024 for delivery in 2025. It's a disappointment for me because the actual Taycan doesn't make me happy if I compare it to my S from 2017 for autonomy and ADAS!. Who has more information about this facelift from reliable sources?
You are clearly missing the point of the Taycan. I think you came to the wrong place to look for self driving tech since we like driving it ourselves.

I would say very few takers for the InnoDrive which is basic assistance tech for lanes and speed at best. I added it to my build because it was relatively inexpensive to add on top of the Tech Package and out of curiosity what it does and what it may do via updates but that's about it. No self-driving expectation whatsoever.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Tesla converts are always welcome, but the “look what my Tesla could already almost do 5Y ago” narrative is getting a bit stale. A Tesla is plastic and vegan vinyl “leather” with an ugly IKEA dashboard and AliXpress iPad. It’s not a passionate connoisseur‘s car.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Correct.
With an extension: earliest.

Actually I am happier with Porsche Innodrive (most case ACC+ALK+LK) for a sporty drive.
Tesla drives with the help of the driver, Porsche is driven by the driver with the help of the 'System'.
I really enjoy Porsche, especially no 'red steering wheel' with prohibition up to the next stop if I overstep the 140kph with 3kph, using ALK/ACC/Innodrive without penalty, up to 210kph on a German autobahn etc.
When I sit back to our Tesla I feel toooooo limited.

On the other hand Porsche could learn a lot -software wise- from Tesla for sure....

Last edited:

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I'm not sure if I'd welcome anymore autonomy than the Taycan already offers. Improvements? Yes. More? No. Actually driving the car, a Porsche, the Taycan, is an experience in itself. Why would you ever want to take your hands off the steering wheel?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I'd be surprised if a facelift made any major leaps in driving aids. Might offer something on the options list. Some drivetrain/battery tweaks and the usual body styling updates, sure.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As much as I'd love for there to be a MY24 Taycan refreshed announced this year (2023), I think it makes sense if they push it out.

Current generation Cayenne has been MY2019, 20, 21, 22, and 23. Way longer than usual. As we've learned, MY24 will finally be the refreshed, and I expect it'll be revealed this spring.

The 992.1, which has been MY2020, 21, 22, and 23 has been the same/similar length as Taycan. That's due for a refresh too.

It would be odd for Porsche to do three refreshes all in the same year! They're likely going to release refreshed MY24 Cayenne and 992.2 this year, then release refreshed MY25 Taycan sometime in 2024. The recent Taycan 'uPdate' is likely Porsche's way of holding us all over.

My $0.02!
“The 992.1, which has been MY2020, 21, 22, and 23 has been the same/similar length as Taycan. That's due for a refresh too.”
No. 992.1 has been introduced in November 2018, so almost a year earlier than Taycan (September 2019). And still no refresh…

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
“The 992.1, which has been MY2020, 21, 22, and 23 has been the same/similar length as Taycan. That's due for a refresh too.”
No. 992.1 has been introduced in November 2018, so almost a year earlier than Taycan (September 2019). And still no refresh…
This is true. However, in the US, 992.1 started as a MY20...I believe there were some MY19 992.1's in Europe.

All the more reason for Porsche to prioritize Cayenne and 911 refresh rather than Taycan. Hence my reasoning for the Taycan refresh to be pushed to MY25 and unveiled in 2024.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is true. However, in the US, 992.1 started as a MY20...I believe there were some MY19 992.1's in Europe.

All the more reason for Porsche to prioritize Cayenne and 911 refresh rather than Taycan. Hence my reasoning for the Taycan refresh to be pushed to MY25 and unveiled in 2024.
Fully agree.

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
You don’t want to switch from 5y old S to current Taycan? Why are you even looking?
it’s a totally different vehicle and Porsche doesn’t charge for OTA vaporware.
you buy a Porsche for emotion, not for vaporware autonomous driving options.
I had a 911 before . I know how it feels. Unfortunately driving the Taycan as it is today didn't bring me what I was expecting from it. I'm waiting for luxury, fun and when I need to have the car taking a little bit control, so I can answer my mails or when I have a drive of 10h , to do it . Speed less than my S , a little more luxurious for sure but not has you might expect from these pricepoint. Audi Gt is then better.

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
I'd be surprised if a facelift made any major leaps in driving aids. Might offer something on the options list. Some drivetrain/battery tweaks and the usual body styling updates, sure.
I was more waiting for battery and new lights/dashboard ( I really don't like the temp screen ) than driving aids.