Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Facelift 2024MY Taycan will arrive summer 2024 for delivery in 2025 (says Porsche head office) S5v
Sponsored

Last edited:

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
UK oriented - sorry....... I am based in the South West UK (South coast) - I have only experienced my Taycan (CT-T) this winter so far - so not sure how summer will affect things :) - but I make a reasonably regular trip of 230 or 260 miles to visit my kids in North-West UK.

My confident range at 100% is around 200 miles (210-230 typically indicated) - I have good charging at either end of my journey. I paid for the installation of a 7kw commando at both houses. So can arrive with 10-15% no sweat. There are excellent charging opportunities all along the route - Ionity Cullompton - lots around Bristol - my fave Porsche Tewkesbury - a decent one in Wednesbury (near Birmingham) - and a couple near Stafford/Stoke-on-Trent ......

I had one occasion when Gridserve Severn Beach offered me 90-80kw from its 350kw chargers (so 2 cups of coffee not one) - otherwise I tend to get 170-200kw - Great!

This means a mid-point charging stop rarely exceeds 10-15 mins to get me from A-B

Then after a single overnight (charging) stop with my hosts - I am sorted for traveling around my whole stay Up-North for a week or so - with a top-up before departure back home.

So in reality, the present platform suits me perfectly.

I think the key to optimising the available range from the present platform is good passage-planning - changing our mind-set to accept and plan for a break - and not waiting to last gasps before looking for a charger. Also, always having a couple back-up charging options in case of s*ds-law denying your plan.

So a gain of 50 or even 200 miles in a new platform would of course be welcome - but really it would be just gilding an already perfect lily, to me at least......

Seems pretty simples to me

Cheers

Last edited:

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Today, I learned that the MY24 changes are supposed to be announced in April. But right now, of course, the changes are not clear yet.
That aligns with the timelines we're expecting. Porsche NZ have said the facelift is MY24, with SOP between Jul-Dec 2023. Customer deliveries may not start until the beginning of 2024 though. NZ specific as the voyage from Europe to NZ can sometimes take 6-8 weeks. That is from my dealer, direct from Porsche NZ.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Porsche has been releasing information the last few weeks on the Macan Electric, regarding the larger battery pack and improved tech:

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/01/2...ything-we-know-about-stuttgarts-electric-suv/

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/porsche/macan-suv/

https://www.thetorquereport.com/2024-porsche-macan-ev-teased-again-with-more-details/

So Taycan will surely get the larger battery pack and improved charging rates, etc., this next year. I don't think it's coincidence that the Cayenne E-Hybrid (and presumably also Panamera E-Hybrid) will also get a larger battery pack (25.9 kWh). Porsche is finding better ways to pack in more battery power, using the same space.

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
That aligns with the timelines we're expecting. Porsche NZ have said the facelift is MY24, with SOP between Jul-Dec 2023. Customer deliveries may not start until the beginning of 2024 though. NZ specific as the voyage from Europe to NZ can sometimes take 6-8 weeks. That is from my dealer, direct from Porsche NZ.
That's good news. Completely different story from Porsche Belgium...perhaps they need orders and don't want people to wait for confirmation of facelift.

simpleme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545
Country flag
That's good news. Completely different story from Porsche Belgium...perhaps they need orders and don't want people to wait for confirmation of facelift.
I asked Porsche in Belgium this week and they said "we have no information whatsoever about a facelift coming up" . Feels a bit like a cheap sales tactic when reading all the above. Not happy with that treatment at all.

Ompre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
Country flag
So Taycan will surely get the larger battery pack and improved charging rates, etc., this next year. I don't think it's coincidence that the Cayenne E-Hybrid (and presumably also Panamera E-Hybrid) will also get a larger battery pack (25.9 kWh). Porsche is finding better ways to pack in more battery power, using the same space.
It would be hard for taycan to get more capacity. The only way they an do it, is pulling up the density and cell chemicals. So this time it's hard to get this.

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
I asked Porsche in Belgium this week and they said "we have no information whatsoever about a facelift coming up" . Feels a bit like a cheap sales tactic when reading all the above. Not happy with that treatment at all.
Exactly same feeling here.
So say the sales rep didn't saw the picture that everyone saw lol.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
My experience with dealers (of all manufacturers) is that they often know FAR less than forum users.
I guess it’s similar in most industries- if it’s your job rather than your interest then unless you’re being pushed information you’re unlikely to go looking for it. Instead you do the daily routine until told otherwise by corporate, who in this case won’t want to deter buyers looking to order now

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I doubt they would be able to confirm anything before an official announcement from Porsche head office. Otherwise you risk undermining or incorrect information.

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
Porsche has been releasing information the last few weeks on the Macan Electric, regarding the larger battery pack and improved tech:

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/01/2...ything-we-know-about-stuttgarts-electric-suv/

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/porsche/macan-suv/

https://www.thetorquereport.com/2024-porsche-macan-ev-teased-again-with-more-details/

Here’s another one providing a bit more info on the lights and towards the bottom of the article there’s a gallery with 35 pics of both a CT and a sedan…..saloon…… limousine 😉

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/02/f...hows-off-its-trick-new-matrix-led-headlights/

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
Finally got today confirmation from Belgium dealer that facelift is coming end of 2023! Hopefully with some hardware change to make the Taycan more competitive again.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
At this point I don't really care to wait another year to get something that might be "improved" and certainly will include a bunch of new bugs.

Traditionally, most premium Manufacturers don't make massive changes in face lifts. They might look massive to current taycan owners but later, on hindsight, you can't tell a difference.

Albeit I've been following Porsche models for the last year or so, I still struggle to tell apart a latest gen Panamera from a Taycan at moderate distances and I'm not shortsighted.

Like I've said before. Want the car, get it. Life's too short to not to enjoy it.

Plus, for those who think of keeping the taycan for a long long time... The current model IS the first revision. The original. The first take at modern EVs by Porsche. It will always be the first.
Sponsored