Zulfu

First Name
Zulfu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross 4S in progress, Audi SQ7, Yamaha R1
Country flag
Thanks for your reply that is not blinded Porsche fanatic.
You mention points that I was looking for 800v charge , more luxurious and going back to Porsche after 12 years . Like you all the Netflix app thinks I don't care. But when I tested the Taycan the range seemed very poor when you push on the throttle. And yes I do regularly long travel . With the 800v same with less battery capacity I check on ABRP and the Taycan should do less than my old S because of the fast charge. So with a same capacity battery we could be very close to a ICE car for the long distance I do. I will test the Audi GT because it's the same car with another dress and it's 25k EUR cheaper.when you put the options. I will check the i4 M50 . Then why not going back to Porsche when the new Taycan come on the market. Might be a more great car.

Just forget everything, tesla.. EQS or whatever... The name PORSCHE says it all... if you want luxury my mate from Belgium ;)
Sponsored

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
When Porsche release a facelift do they normally add new colours?

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Doesn't Porsche generally release a "Platinum" spec vehicle the year before a refresh? I haven't seen that for the '23 Taycan so I assume it will show up as a '24 model, indicating the refresh in '25.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
could they please give us at least SOME hope that they will change the rear bumper cover. Not seeing it covered in the Spy shots is horribly disappointing.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had a 911 before . I know how it feels. Unfortunately driving the Taycan as it is today didn't bring me what I was expecting from it. I'm waiting for luxury, fun and when I need to have the car taking a little bit control, so I can answer my mails or when I have a drive of 10h , to do it . Speed less than my S , a little more luxurious for sure but not has you might expect from these pricepoint. Audi Gt is then better.
Please provide license plate info so we can have the Belgian police be on the lookout before you kill someone...

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
Just forget everything, tesla.. EQS or whatever... The name PORSCHE says it all... if you want luxury my mate from Belgium ;)
Or the Audi Gt same car not same brand ( for luxury not for brand )?

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
NO. You are saying things without any background continuously.
"a gross capacity of 100 kWh (96 to 98 kWh usable)."
See: https://www.motor1.com/news/621536/2024-porsche-macan-specs-announced/

2-4kWh buffer seem very little, will result much higher degradation than the existing Taycan's almost 10kWh buffer.

So usable 96kWh vs. 84kWh next to the heavier and less Cw effective SUV body style that will result more or less equal range EV Macan per existing Taycan in best case scenario.
Agree for the Macan but I was expecting to buy a Taycan with 100kWh battery ( like the coming A6 etron )
Cx Tesla S 0.208 / Cx Taycan 0.24
Tesla S gross capacity 103kWh https://ev-database.org/car/1324/Tesla-Model-S-Performanc
So I expected at least same I have since 5.5 years.

I don't

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Autonomous is impossible on Belgian roads anyway, it’s a big mess.
further the autonomous proposition is useless, just like customer service chatbots running an infantile script, gatekeeping, keeping you away from the person you really need to speak to.
ALK and distronic are barely autonomous, they’ve been on cars for years. Take your hands of a Tesla steering wheel in rush hour and you’ll crash sooner than you can say “Taycan” no Yoke :D

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
Autonomous is impossible on Belgian roads anyway, it’s a big mess.
further the autonomous proposition is useless, just like customer service chatbots running an infantile script, gatekeeping, keeping you away from the person you really need to speak to.
ALK and distronic are barely autonomous, they’ve been on cars for years. Take your hands of a Tesla steering wheel in rush hour and you’ll crash sooner than you can say “Taycan” no Yoke :D
I don't want 100% autonomous just what I have today. But you're right before FSD it will takes decade still.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Agree for the Macan but I was expecting to buy a Taycan with 100kWh battery ( like the coming A6 etron )
Cx Tesla S 0.208 / Cx Taycan 0.24
Tesla S gross capacity 103kWh https://ev-database.org/car/1324/Tesla-Model-S-Performanc
So I expected at least same I have since 5.5 years.

I don't
Facelift Taycan will be not a new model that can handle the A6 eTron's 100kWh new platform battery. Why are you expect from a facelift this? New Taycan will happen 4-5 years later, wasted time to talk about it especially waiting for it. Getting one of them is 6-7 years.

Personally I do not need heavier battery to a sports car for extra 30-40km range from the extra 6-7kWh. A6 eTron will be a normal limousine as it is now with dead handling as usual.
Porsche's concept in general not bigger battery but faster full travel time with fast charging capabilities. These batteries are heavy enough already, we do not need to increase it.
We need a well handling Porsche not 103kWh+ battery.
Solid state batteries maybe solve this, but where are they now...

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
Facelift Taycan will be not a new model that can handle the A6 eTron's 100kWh new platform battery. Why are you expect from a facelift this? New Taycan will happen 4-5 years later, wasted time to talk about it especially waiting for it. Getting one of them is 6-7 years.

Personally I do not need heavier battery to a sports car for extra 30-40km range from the extra 6-7kWh. A6 eTron will be a normal limousine as it is now with dead handling as usual.
Porsche's concept in general not bigger battery but faster full travel time with fast charging capabilities. These batteries are heavy enough already, we do not need to increase it.
We need a well handling Porsche not 103kWh+ battery.
Solid state batteries maybe solve this, but where are they now...
It will be the same platform used in new model Taycan to and Panamera PPE. Not facelift of course.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It will be the same platform used in new model Taycan to and Panamera PPE. Not facelift of course.
How do you know this in advance for 5-6 years?
I strongly believe in that Porsche will not only follow (the lower brand) Audi by 5-6 years late, but will be steps above with the new model Taycan hopefully using the newest technology (maybe solid state or whatever else that time).

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You started the thread "waiting for the facelift".
Sponsored