Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Really need to see it. I have managed myself 280miles and 20 miles range left during summer.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
325 kw ! 400 Ampere.
Nice.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm excited for the range and charging improvements and what it may mean for other EVs in development -- Boxsters and Caymans, etc. I love Taycans...

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
At a glance no changes at the outside. When you look closer the changes are minor. Happy my Taycan will not look old next to this newer model. Hope there will be a retrofit for the headlights, I like the new design!

I see they advertise with a CT model. So the rumor in other threads about it being discontinued is myth being busted.

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So if drivers from two magazines can get 327kw and 321kw peak rates from EA sites in California, (apparently on their first trips), why are @daveo4EV, @Jonathan S., and others complaining so much about EA?
Think about all the readers who now will be prompted to put in their Taycan orders, thanks to Porsche and EA.
:CWL:

Edited: Ah hah: Charging done at a specific EA site:
Porsche Taycan Facelift 2025 Taycan RWD range and charging tests posted 1706892001006

:CWL:
Plugshare for EA Torrance CA: https://www.plugshare.com/location/180119
Taycans did a lot better at that location than PlugShare checkins....
Wonder why.

Last edited:

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
Range improvement seems to be primarily due to the bigger battery. Charing speeds are crazy. I hope they keep the option to charge slower (and safer). I really like that I can choose for a quick charge if I just need a bit or are in a rush versus a bit slower but flatter curve for longer stops.

The headlights are nice, not too boring like the Panamera. I still like the look of the current ones; looks modern and fresh.

All improvement will probably come at a higher price.

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag

24Neptune

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan RWD, 2024 Audi SQ5 Prestige
Country flag
Also glad to see that it doesn’t look like Porsche moved the headlights down to the bumper like the new Macan. Not usually a fan of that design although looks ok on the Macan. And I hope to like the refresh bc I love my 24 T so much that I’m thinking I’ll likely get/order another in 3 years when lease is up.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2024/products/porsche-taycan-development-drive-range-35170.html

364 miles....in California...unrealistic for UK I'd say. That's 164 miles more than I get on my GTS ST today on 100% charge at this time of year. Members of this forum have achieved 300+ where the ambient is most favourable and so the headline increase is not so dramatic albeit welcomed.

I hope I'm proved wrong but more hyperbole I'm afraid.

Faster charging - I've never had 270kW on either of the 2 Taycans I've owned and so in the real world we're unlikely to routinely get the figures now being quoted. Again I hope I am proved wrong on this too. I now have access to 18 350kW EVSEs 2 miles from where I live which appeared in the past 2 months (3 years ago there were 0) - not tried them yet (ESB and Ionity) to see if I can draw 200kW which would be a first for me.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Faster charging - I've never had 270kW on either of the 2 Taycans I've owned and so in the real world we're unlikely to routinely get the figures now being quoted.
I routinely get 265kW but it doesn't hold that for very long and is soon under 200kW as the battery approaches 50% full.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Faster charging - I've never had 270kW on either of the 2 Taycans I've owned and so in the real world we're unlikely to routinely get the figures now being quoted.
I think that has more to do with the installed capacity in the U.K.
I have not seen 270 kWh but certainly very frequently 265 kW on road trips at Ionity. The car can do it, no problems. Whether you want to do that a lot is anothef question. 325 kW sounds insane!

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
So if drivers from two magazines can get 327kw and 321kw peak rates from EA sites in California, (apparently on their first trips), why are @daveo4EV, @Jonathan S., and others complaining so much about EA? [...]
Clearly I need to move to CA. Better skiing too. I'll stay with my brother in Soda Springs once his house renovation is finished.

Meanwhile, here are recent PlugShare checkins for key locations either in or on the way to northern New England.
Note that the first two actually count as *positive* reviews under PlugShare's binary rating system.
The third is negative but is especially noteworthy as this is the EA OG location, which debuted in May 2018 with four ostensible 350kW chargers (i.e., for all those saying just give EA more time -- especially the EA apologists at the EA FB group -- over the span of almost six years EA has if anything gotten worse.)

https://www.plugshare.com/location/336298
Jan 27, 2024
check_circleRisceKrispee
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023
Around 65kW. All 4 stalls in use. All getting approximately the same kW. 36 degrees out; maybe the cold caused the slowdown? No wait when I arrived at 12:20 on a Saturday. When I left at 12:50 there was a car waiting to pull in.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/318434
Jan 30, 2024
Michael Greene
Volvo XC40 Recharge 2020
CCS/SAE 110 KilowattsCharging on 3. One cable broken (wires showing) but the other works. Had to wait for only a minute

https://www.plugshare.com/location/152111
Feb 2, 2024
Elli Plihcik
Audi e-tron 2019
CCS/SAEAll 4 down
Sponsored