Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reading the automotive articles "testing" the 2025 Taycan, and the Porsche release about organizing it, I now better understand why such auto reviews by the "automotive journalism" media are manipulated, fan-boy junk.
In the case of the Taycan, I think Porsche is smart to get these prototypes into the hands of the media before the official release of the car... and ahead of the official EPA rating.

Porsche officially revealed the .1 Taycan and headlines were quick to highlight the terrible range rating... even if actual mileage determined after the announcement was well ahead of EPA ratings. They never fully recovered from that messaging.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for more range in .2, but in this case... learn from your mistakes and take more control of the messaging. No issue with the approach when you're playing within the provided system.
Sponsored

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
In the case of the Taycan, I think Porsche is smart to get these prototypes into the hands of the media before the official release of the car... and ahead of the official EPA rating.

Porsche officially revealed the .1 Taycan and headlines were quick to highlight the terrible range rating... even if actual mileage determined after the announcement was well ahead of EPA ratings. They never fully recovered from that messaging.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for more range in .2, but in this case... learn from your mistakes and take more control of the messaging. No issue with the approach when you're playing within the provided system.
Which raises the question, why does Porsche perform so horrendously in the EPA tests? I get that they want to undersell/overdeliver, but not to this degree.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
ha ha. i would be happy enough if i can find tons of 150KWh chargers. Charging speed is not relevant at all these days. with that a larger capacity battery is the biggest plus. at the end of day. If i go with another trophy car, it will be 911 instead of a Taycan though.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Also glad to see that it doesn’t look like Porsche moved the headlights down to the bumper like the new Macan. Not usually a fan of that design although looks ok on the Macan. And I hope to like the refresh bc I love my 24 T so much that I’m thinking I’ll likely get/order another in 3 years when lease is up.
I'm still holding my breath on the headlights. Hard to determine from the pics if the new headlights are just running lights as on the macan ev. My fear is that the lack of nuance on the painted plastic pieces near the air intakes indicates that headlights may be lurking beneath the surface.

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone have a guess (based on prior/other model mid-cycle refreshes), whether all trims available simultaneously or if staggered like a new launch? Am assuming the latter, but not sure how they typically handle, particularly when we know there’s at least one new/top-end variant being added to the line.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Anyone have a guess (based on prior/other model mid-cycle refreshes), whether all trims available simultaneously or if staggered like a new launch? Am assuming the latter, but not sure how they typically handle, particularly when we know there’s at least one new/top-end variant being added to the line.
Based on the Panamera 970 and 971 lifecycles which I know pretty well, all trims will be available from launch date even though one or more might be discontinued.

DaTi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I'm still holding my breath on the headlights. Hard to determine from the pics if the new headlights are just running lights as on the macan ev. My fear is that the lack of nuance on the painted plastic pieces near the air intakes indicates that headlights may be lurking beneath the surface.
As seen in the recent „car maniac“ review, this seems to be the final front design of the facelifted taycan!

Porsche Taycan Facelift 2025 Taycan RWD range and charging tests posted IMG_2705

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
As seen in the recent „car maniac“ review, this seems to be the final front design of the facelifted taycan!

IMG_2705.png
Nice catch!

Still a white one with the mission-e’s in the new PCM. How hard can it be to show the real spec here

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
Which raises the question, why does Porsche perform so horrendously in the EPA tests? I get that they want to undersell/overdeliver, but not to this degree.
I think a lot has to do with them not optimizing power delivery for the EPA cycle or economy in general, defaulting to range mode or having wheel/tire options that are not optimal for range.

Example, our Model 3 performance would routinely claim 295 mile range on a full charge and NEVER come close. I think its EPA rating is something like 293. In 3 years the best we were ever able to achieve was 210 miles before we were sub 10% and looking for a supercharger. Our CT4S will usually guess about 235 miles at 100% SOC and goes almost the exact same distance, 205 miles, before we are below 10% and looking for a charge. Now that is with the factory 20” aero optimized wheels and P7 Electric tires. When I swapped onto the BC Forged open spoke 21’s and Pirelli PZ4 NF0 spec rubber we lost 15% range and it only took the car 2 discharge cycles to learn that. Max range at 100% SOC was 197 miles. But I’ll tell you what, it could always achieve that. I’ve since swapped over to Goodyear F1 A5 NF0 spec and have gotten about 7.5% of that lost range back so I’m a bit happier.

I don’t know if that could be considered over delivering but it sure as hell isn’t the flat out fairy tales most of the other EV makers display on their dash or achieve in the EPA loop.

Note: I always drive in Normal, Sport or Sport Plus mode, have used range mode exactly once for 20 miles as a test and have never and will never modify my driving style to achieve some mythical range or MPG unless bad planning on my part or bad luck puts me in a situation where getting to the next fuel/charging destination demands it. I also try to never let my fuel gauge drop below 1/4 or my SOC to drop below 20%.

Last edited:

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I hope they have also fixed the reversing camera. The person responsible for that in the current Taycan should have been fired...
The reversing camera is about the only technology I haven’t had an issue with on my car...

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag

IMG_2705.png
Not exactly. Pictured is something like either an optional "sport design fascia", or the look of the higher trim models. Online paparazzi photos show Taycan with the new vents and headlights but with the more regular bumper, not this one.

I am just going to laugh if those vents turn out to do something useful, and those notches help force air through them, causing a reversal of some people from "I would never buy such an ugly car" to "Wow, clever Porsche engineering, I can't wait until my lease is up to get this!".

I think the new headlights look cool and are technically more advance, and since they are going on the Macan EV, the Cayenne and the Taycan refresh, clearly Porsche intends to deploy them across the entire vehicle line as part of a distinctive, recognizeable branding "look" which is very good business sense.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 C8 Z06, 2024 iX M60
Country flag
I am sure that Porsche did not change it for the sake of visual change but instead figured out how to further lower the coefficient of drag with this change. Personally I prefer it but I understand why others would prefer the pre-2025 appearance.
Sponsored