Factory roof rails on Cross Turismo- Can they be taken off?

Whiteknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am looking at used Taycan Cross Turismo with factory aluminum roof rails (a $830 option). I think the CT looks sleeker without the roof rails. Does anybody know if they can be taken off?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am looking at used Taycan Cross Turismo with factory aluminum roof rails (a $830 option). I think the CT looks sleeker without the roof rails. Does anybody know if they can be taken off?
Probably but it may leave visible slots for the bars for which there is no cover.

Trip to the dealer likely.

Master H

First Name
Master H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross turismo 4S , 2.7 rs carrera
Country flag
Hi , Does Anybody else know if the roof rails can be removed , ?
I believe they are 'bonded' onto the glass roof .
Is a way of 'un-bonding' them ? There must be a way , mine need to go !
thanks

bwherry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Porsche Taycan GTS ST, '22 BMW iX xDrive50
Country flag
Thread resurrection!

I've searched this forum and elsewhere and haven't found definitive information about whether or not the roof rails can be removed - and if the mounting points left behind can be seamlessly plugged/covered/etc. I'm looking at preowned Taycan CT/ST options now and have been skipping cars with roof rails because I don't like how they look, but the pool of options gets quite a bit bigger with roof rail-equipped cars... Would loooove to know the details of roof rail removal, if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Bakerman911

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991 Targa, Porsche Taycan St, Mini JCW cab
Country flag
My dealer say it is not possible;););)

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Thread resurrection!

I've searched this forum and elsewhere and haven't found definitive information about whether or not the roof rails can be removed - and if the mounting points left behind can be seamlessly plugged/covered/etc. I'm looking at preowned Taycan CT/ST options now and have been skipping cars with roof rails because I don't like how they look, but the pool of options gets quite a bit bigger with roof rail-equipped cars... Would loooove to know the details of roof rail removal, if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance!

Brian
Look around here for threads on "cracked glass/panoramic roof". Tl;dr is that the bars are attached to the car through holes in the glass roof. Idk how you'd plug those without it looking weird, and it may, in fact, lower your own resale value - when the time comes. It's a factory-only option for a reason..

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
if they can be put on then they can be taken off - just think its how invasive it is - do you need to access from underneath via the headliner. I think you will get used to the look after a while. We use ours to mount our roof box for the ultimate roadtrip wagon weapon
Sponsored