Faded plastic trim

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Guess who decided to wash his car and clean it from tar? Yes, it was me. I didn’t remove tar remover properly from the mirrors and the plastic underneath got faded.
A detailer I’m going to leave my car to says he can (probably) restore it with some chemicals, but I don’t need probably, I want a real solution.

Any solutions? I feel so angry at me.
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Guess who decided to wash his car and clean it from tar? Yes, it was me. I didn’t remove tar remover properly from the mirrors and the plastic underneath got faded.
A detailer I’m going to leave my car to says he can (probably) restore it with some chemicals, but I don’t need probably, I want a real solution.

Any solutions? I feel so angry at me.
New mirrors / covers ?

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Do you have a photo of the mirrors?
There are a lot of trim restorer products out there, I'm sure one will be able to fix it.

carwashlasvegas

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear that you're facing this issue with your car. It's understandable to feel frustrated in this situation, but don't worry, there are solutions available to restore the faded plastic.

One option is to use a plastic restorer product that is specifically designed to restore faded or discolored plastic surfaces. As a mobile car wash provider, I recommend thoroughly cleaning the affected areas to remove any dirt or debris before applying the restorer product. Follow the instructions on the product carefully, and apply it evenly on the surface using a microfiber cloth. Allow the product to sit for the recommended time and then wipe off any excess with a clean cloth.

Before using any product, make sure to clean the affected areas thoroughly to remove any dirt or debris. Then, follow the instructions on the plastic restorer product carefully, and apply it evenly on the surface using a microfiber cloth. Allow the product to sit for the recommended time and then wipe off any excess with a clean cloth.

Another solution you could consider is visiting a professional detailer who specializes in restoring faded plastic surfaces. They can assess the damage and recommend the best course of action to restore your car's plastic surfaces to their original condition.

In the future, be sure to thoroughly clean off any tar remover or other chemicals from your car's surfaces to avoid any potential damage. Prevention is always better than cure when it comes to maintaining your car's appearance.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Mistakes happen, and the important thing is that you're taking steps to address the issue and prevent it from happening again in the future.

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Why are you fretting over this before your detailer does his thing? You could be worrying about nothing.

OP
OP

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The detailer managed to fix that. Thanks all and sorry for the noise
Sponsored