lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Wanted to check in to see if anyone found the source of this whistle.
The noise went away 4 months ago by Miracle. The only changes was the front fender blinker I replaced for the European version.
i know this is weird. You can try to put some painter tape on it and see if it does make différence. That will be very interesting. Please keep us posted.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kwh estate

kwh estate

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 cross turismo 4
Country flag
still no solution, by now I don t notice it any longer though if I listen for it it s still there and damn annoying

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
It might be worth checking to see if your windows are correctly 'calibrated'.
Press the window switch and hold it down for 10+ seconds after it has gone all the way down. Then to the same in the upward direction. Repeat 3 or 4 times.
This resets the sensors that detect where the window is at rest. If it's not correctly set, after you get in the car the window will position itself below the rubber seal, leaving a gap the wind can get in.

This procedure was explained to me by a Porsche Assist technician after the 12v battery died.

Page 278 of the manual (UK spec):

Storing the end position of side windows
The end positions of the side windows will be lost if the 12 V power supply fails. One-touch operation of the side windows is disabled.
Perform these steps for all side windows:
1. Close side the window completely once by pulling the rocker switch to the second setting.
2. When the side window is completely closed, briefly pull the rocker switch to the second setting
again.
3. Completely open the side window once by pressing the rocker switch.

OP
OP
kwh estate

kwh estate

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 cross turismo 4
Country flag
It might be worth checking to see if your windows are correctly 'calibrated'.
Press the window switch and hold it down for 10+ seconds after it has gone all the way down. Then to the same in the upward direction. Repeat 3 or 4 times.
This resets the sensors that detect where the window is at rest. If it's not correctly set, after you get in the car the window will position itself below the rubber seal, leaving a gap the wind can get in.

This procedure was explained to me by a Porsche Assist technician after the 12v battery died.

Page 278 of the manual (UK spec):

Storing the end position of side windows
The end positions of the side windows will be lost if the 12 V power supply fails. One-touch operation of the side windows is disabled.
Perform these steps for all side windows:
1. Close side the window completely once by pulling the rocker switch to the second setting.
2. When the side window is completely closed, briefly pull the rocker switch to the second setting
again.
3. Completely open the side window once by pressing the rocker switch.
thank you, will give it a try - never calibrated windows yet since delivery

Anthony217

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Yes! To my surprise, the service dept was able to identify the issue and resolve it when I brought it in for the software update. It turns out, it was something with the hood, which really surprised me. I assumed it was the mirror. I’ll attach the work order so you can share the details with your service team.
Porsche Taycan faint whistling noise from driver side window/mirror 9EBB7713-2BE9-462F-A1FC-59B59C04ED61

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Yes! To my surprise, the service dept was able to identify the issue and resolve it when I brought it in for the software update. It turns out, it was something with the hood, which really surprised me. I assumed it was the mirror. I’ll attach the work order so you can share the details with your service team.
9EBB7713-2BE9-462F-A1FC-59B59C04ED61.jpeg
That is some nice troubleshooting work by your dealer!

isrihel

First Name
Inderjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Regarding whistle noise. I experience that when its raining there is no whistle noise at all, no matter what the speed is, anyone with the same experience ? It means that its something that gets filled up with a small amount of water that leads to noise is not there, strange, but its physics, so it must be something on the outer side of the car.

TaycanCTCT

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have just noticed a faint whistling wind air noise that can be heard in cabin windows up at speeds as low as 40mph - has anyone else had anything similar with their 2022 taycan wagon? Thanks!
Same here on a 22 wagon. Started after about 1000 miles, then stopped for a week or so and now came back. Bringing it to dealer soon. it’s faint but quite annoying.

Seems like it’s not an isolated issue. Anyone found a solution?

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Mine was quiet until it start to cool off outside. I have the same noise as before as the temperature is below 50 F.

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I do not think that cold air is noisiest that warm air. I’m wondering when the flaps under the bumper are closing. It can be the culprit as they close when it is cold. Did anybody saw the flaps close and under which condition.
It can be the reason for the noise at 50 mph.
just some thoughts.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I found an old rubber strip that I put in place as the tread said. It fixed the noise. So great. Just need to change the brain one with something that will stick.
280A6447-B755-4F4B-8F17-104F9AA60D81.jpeg
OMG this is amazing! Such an easy fix. Home depot has these rubber strips for insulating small gaps that already has 3M tape on one side. Would be perfect for this.

SMK

First Name
Shahzad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I 100% have the wind whistle coming from the driver's side. It's super annoying...it starts around 25-35 mph and can be heard windows up or down. When I fold the mirrors in, the sounds lessens, but is definitely still there. I have no idea what to do... I have a 22 4 CT. Anyone make any progress on this?
I have the same problem in 4S 2021
Sponsored