PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
I also live in Roseville a suburb of Sacramento. The two last outside charging stations off of Sierra College were 350MHZ.
Tonight it didn't get over 50MHZ and a couple nights ago it didn't get over 90???
Maybe because I was Charging my Mini PCASSOO at the same time. Lol

Porsche Taycan Falling out with my Taycan already… 20221212_233711

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
That 210 miles of range is just a little below normal for me in the cold of winter. Depending on what kind of cold you are dealing with in the UK, which i imagine to be much more than me in the southern US. I usually get about 220 or so when temps get around the freezing mark here. In the summer, i can see ranges over 300. I dont think you have any need to worry about that part. Hopefully your infrastructure gets better out there. Ours needs massive improvement in the US as well.

Dalaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m very pro EV and live in the EV capital of the world Northern California which may have the best charging infrastructure in the world.

Norway is pretty EV advanced (2020 data)
Porsche Taycan Falling out with my Taycan already… top-10-countries-with-most-evs-per-capita

FWIW, California alone is around 55/1000 residents (2022).

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Im glad it’s not just me then!

I charged at a Tesla dealer in Birmingham on Wednesday (after 2 others local didn’t work) and even that wasn’t great. It peaked at just over 52kw which was frustrating seen as I’d opted for the upgraded on board charger for just that scenario!

agree on charging prices too. It works out only just cheaper than putting fuel in an ICE and the 5p per mile you get for business travel doesn’t even cover charging at home never mind paying 70p per kWh at service stations!
Just as well this went to 8p from 1st December then...

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
I’ve just taken delivery of my ST. My range estimate right now is 210. My iPace used to predict slightly more in winter off a full charge but never delivered what it suggested.

I’m expecting that the way I drive it, the Porsche will underperform against its estimate too.

I only ever charged my iPace at a public charger once. I had a 340 mile round trip in summer but with an overnight stop in London where I had hoped to charge at a Shell facility near my hotel, but it was constantly in use.

I eventually stopped at Oxford services on the way back and got enough charge in around an hour to get me home, but I had to wait an hour to even get on a charger. I think there were 3 or 4 and a number of people trying to get on them, all telling their nightmare charging tales.

My brother has a Tesla Model 3 and took 2 of his kids to the Alps and back in February this year for a ski trip. He said it was a breeze with the Tesla charger network. (There are 16 superchargers at Oxfordshire services)

So, what I’m really trying to say is that, if you want a practical EV that you can use flexibly you should get a Tesla.

If you do less than 200 miles in a day and return home each night and can charge overnight, then a Taycan is fine and is a much better drive.

Of course, there are times that I need to travel more than 200 miles in a day and on these days, I take the wife’s Range Rover.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I’ve just taken delivery of my ST. My range estimate right now is 210. My iPace used to predict slightly more in winter off a full charge but never delivered what it suggested.

I’m expecting that the way I drive it, the Porsche will underperform against its estimate too.

I only ever charged my iPace at a public charger once. I had a 340 mile round trip in summer but with an overnight stop in London where I had hoped to charge at a Shell facility near my hotel, but it was constantly in use.

I eventually stopped at Oxford services on the way back and got enough charge in around an hour to get me home, but I had to wait an hour to even get on a charger. I think there were 3 or 4 and a number of people trying to get on them, all telling their nightmare charging tales.

My brother has a Tesla Model 3 and took 2 of his kids to the Alps and back in February this year for a ski trip. He said it was a breeze with the Tesla charger network. (There are 16 superchargers at Oxfordshire services)

So, what I’m really trying to say is that, if you want a practical EV that you can use flexibly you should get a Tesla.

If you do less than 200 miles in a day and return home each night and can charge overnight, then a Taycan is fine and is a much better drive.

Of course, there are times that I need to travel more than 200 miles in a day and on these days, I take the wife’s Range Rover.
It’s a real shame the non-Tesla DC alternatives still haven’t got the breadth and depth that Tesla have managed.

I did a similar trip to the Côte d'Azur and back in 2019 all using the Tesla supercharger network (all free charging to boot) - so I know how good and reassuring that network is on very long journeys and especially when you’re far from home.