Family of Five- First Five Days with Neptune Blue CT

CdlBHM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 Cayenne e-Hybrid, ‘21 Taycan CT, BMW 2002
Country flag
I drove down to St. Petersburg, FL last Sunday, excited but anxious to see my new ‘21 CT4 in Neptune Blue. I found the car online as an incoming car at Bert Smith Porsche on October 4. Emailed the dealer, confirmed the car was still available, and put down a deposit. The dealer told me the car would be in within two weeks, but I was skeptical given all the delays. Still, it arrived last Friday, October 22, and I was there on Monday, October 25 to pick it up! Two keys and all.

I highly recommend the team at Bert Smith if you are in the Tampa/Largo/Sarasota area, or willing to drive like I was. I was in and out of the dealership in a very short time, and started on my nine hour return trip home. I am really thankful for this forum’s advice as a precursor to my first trip in the CT. My husband and three sons stayed home for the last lacrosse game of the fall!

My pictures are not the best, but they show the Neptune Blue in the sun. As others have commented, the color changes quite a bit depending on the light, but I am really happy with it. As I drove over the causeway out of St. Pete, I got my first of many “thumbs ups” from a BMW motorcycle driver. Later in the day I traded lanes a few times with a new Panamera, also heading north from FL.

I’m coming out of a BMW X7 and the CT still feels like it has plenty of space. The drive home was fabulous. The CT drives a lot more like our old 911 than any SUV or my husband’s current Cayenne e-hybrid. The handling and comfort were amazing, even for such a long drive. I mapped out chargers based on using Electrify America, which mostly aligned with the Porsche Connect app, but I did change the last stop to avoid Atlanta traffic. My only charging experience before driving home was a one -time test on the Cayenne. We just don’t charge it that much, but my husband gave me the quick rundown and it is really simple.

I am having the “guest” issue with the car with certain features inactive, but I’ve put in a ticket with Porsche NA and hope it will resolve soon.

My sons are ages 8, 8, and 12 and while the older one usually rides in the passenger seat, they can all fit in the back as well. We don’t do a lot of long distance driving, but around town it is perfect.

Thanks again, and hope everyone gets their CT soon! It’s like nothing else on the road, my family loves it, and it makes me smile!

Porsche Taycan Family of Five- First Five Days with Neptune Blue CT AF24B88F-265D-4F7E-996B-324B398E8E75

Porsche Taycan Family of Five- First Five Days with Neptune Blue CT BD037297-1DE1-40F5-901D-99585112C77D

Porsche Taycan Family of Five- First Five Days with Neptune Blue CT 957471DE-D8F3-4D3E-945B-3B90D3ADCDEB

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
Thanks so much for the write up. Great to hear different perspectives on this car as there are still so few on the road.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Congrats!! Beautiful. Any issues with EA during your drive home?

-ThinkMac-

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
I drove down to St. Petersburg, FL last Sunday, excited but anxious to see my new ‘21 CT4 in Neptune Blue. I found the car online as an incoming car at Bert Smith Porsche on October 4. Emailed the dealer, confirmed the car was still available, and put down a deposit. The dealer told me the car would be in within two weeks, but I was skeptical given all the delays. Still, it arrived last Friday, October 22, and I was there on Monday, October 25 to pick it up! Two keys and all.

I highly recommend the team at Bert Smith if you are in the Tampa/Largo/Sarasota area, or willing to drive like I was. I was in and out of the dealership in a very short time, and started on my nine hour return trip home. I am really thankful for this forum’s advice as a precursor to my first trip in the CT. My husband and three sons stayed home for the last lacrosse game of the fall!

My pictures are not the best, but they show the Neptune Blue in the sun. As others have commented, the color changes quite a bit depending on the light, but I am really happy with it. As I drove over the causeway out of St. Pete, I got my first of many “thumbs ups” from a BMW motorcycle driver. Later in the day I traded lanes a few times with a new Panamera, also heading north from FL.

I’m coming out of a BMW X7 and the CT still feels like it has plenty of space. The drive home was fabulous. The CT drives a lot more like our old 911 than any SUV or my husband’s current Cayenne e-hybrid. The handling and comfort were amazing, even for such a long drive. I mapped out chargers based on using Electrify America, which mostly aligned with the Porsche Connect app, but I did change the last stop to avoid Atlanta traffic. My only charging experience before driving home was a one -time test on the Cayenne. We just don’t charge it that much, but my husband gave me the quick rundown and it is really simple.

I am having the “guest” issue with the car with certain features inactive, but I’ve put in a ticket with Porsche NA and hope it will resolve soon.

My sons are ages 8, 8, and 12 and while the older one usually rides in the passenger seat, they can all fit in the back as well. We don’t do a lot of long distance driving, but around town it is perfect.

Thanks again, and hope everyone gets their CT soon! It’s like nothing else on the road, my family loves it, and it makes me smile!

AF24B88F-265D-4F7E-996B-324B398E8E75.jpeg

BD037297-1DE1-40F5-901D-99585112C77D.jpeg

957471DE-D8F3-4D3E-945B-3B90D3ADCDEB.jpeg
Nice to hear that some of us enjoy their ct. once you have him, after waiting some time, it’s fantastic. It’s a beautiful colour,certainly in the sun.
we’re flying over for x mas to Florida and visit the family.
we are using the ct with 4people and it works, sometimes i play taxi for kids friends and it works.

enjoy the great moments with the ct. best of luck.

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! As you have the 20” wheels, I’m curious how you find the cabin noise compared to the BMW?

OP
OP

CdlBHM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats!! Beautiful. Any issues with EA during your drive home?

-ThinkMac-
Thanks! I had good luck with EA on my way home. Every station was in a Wal-Mart parking lot, all clean and safe,, and every one was completely empty. I did not get the Porsche free charging to work at first, but on the next two stops I did. The fastest EA station was in Auburn, AL and I went from 30-85% in about 10 minutes!

OP
OP

CdlBHM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! As you have the 20” wheels, I’m curious how you find the cabin noise compared to the BMW?
The cabin is completely quiet except for the wonderful acceleration of the battery, which my sons liken to a rocket taking off! Yesterday I did some driving in the rain, which was one of the things the X7 did well, and the CT performed equally well. The X7 had its pros and cons, but I don’t regret letting it go. Here is a picture of the two side by side, which shows off the beautiful lines of the CT. Still, the CT is a big car, and I would probably not want anything smaller than the 20” Pirellis. I could write a post on X7 vs. CT but it’s just not apples to apples. I feel like I am back in a sports car.

Porsche Taycan Family of Five- First Five Days with Neptune Blue CT FAB9ADF8-C5ED-4082-AF40-908BFE3DB082

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Great to hear! Man seeing this two next to one another makes you realize how big the Taycan is.
Thanks for taking the time to respond ??

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Great to hear! Man seeing this two next to one another makes you realize how big the Taycan is.
Thanks for taking the time to respond ??
It certainly is. I got up early today to go for a spin just for the sake of it and on the narrower North Norfolk roads you could certainly see where meeting yourself coming the other way could get sketchy.
Sponsored