Fan noise coming from instrument cluster ??

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
so today I took delivery of a Taycan Sport Turismo..

All seems well except there is a noise coming from the instrument cluster.. like an old pc fan doing overtime or a laptop fan when the laptop is running crazy hot.. the fan is doing overtime.. I have the NWS PCM ( 6.0 )

I included a recording of the noise.

is there any way to to a reset ? Reboot ?
In a tesla it’s easy.. can’t seem to figure it out. I wouldn’t know what to do otherwise.

btw the AC is switched off !

did anyone have this issue ??
Sponsored

Attachments

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
It sounds like you optioned the Porsche Design vacuum cleaner. And set it to high.

My car isn’t home at the moment to check, but I don’t think that’s normal. Everything is always very quiet.

OP
OP

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
It sounds like you optioned the Porsche Design vacuum cleaner. And set it to high.

My car isn’t home at the moment to check, but I don’t think that’s normal. Everything is always very quiet.
looks like it..

60db 😱

Porsche Taycan Fan noise coming from instrument cluster ?? 3DB4E431-61B0-4EF9-A793-1CE153CF7969

Vzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacan 4S, 2023 EQS SUV 580
Country flag
I have an annoying fan rattle coming from the main IC too. It is different from the one you have. I have the HUD and often feel a resonant rotating humming sound while in motion at certain speeds. Sounds like a fan spinning up and hitting a loose cable for a few seconds (10-30 sec) and then slowing down.

It is only audible when I have no other music on. Tried taking several videos to show the service dept but the ambient tire noise captured by my phone drowns it out. Would appreciate any pointers on how to troubleshoot

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is a small fan under the centre console display for cooling. You should be able to see/feel the vents under the screen.

Mostly likely it's coming from a faulty fan, should be an easy fix. But I would say this is 100% unacceptable if you only picked up the car toady.

We all pay a lot of money for PDI - which stands for pre-delivery inspection. They should have caught this before delivering the car.

In a few days, you will get an email from Porsche asking you to rank the delivery experience. Email your salesman and tell them you plan on giving them a score of 0, ask for some compensation for time lost (free floor mats, trunk liners etc...)

OP
OP

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
been waiting in the dealer for two hours already 🤦‍♂️

I guess they have really no f**** clue as to how they could fix it.

Let me just say I had serveral Porsches before without any issue, but this.. heck I had at least a few months with the model s before it needed fixing 😂

OP
OP

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
They couldn’t fix it.. so now they are waiting on instructions from Germany..

Meanwhile I have a car with a constant-loud—almost-like-an-overheated-laptop-fan-noise. Just great.

why would they even put a fan in the instrument cluster ?? Talk about bad engineering.

the software in general is shite as well.. seems to default to guest account.. can’t seem to get it out of privacy mode on the app ( in the car privacy mode is inactive ) weird.

I feel like a jackass… ok it drives a lot better than my Model S but everything else seems worse.

Harrica

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021 CT
Country flag
I get that noise when I also have the HUD disappearing, maybe pull the HUD fuse in the left fuse box, wait a minute and plug it back in. If that doesn't work you could try the BRS(big red switch) maneuver, in which you have to pull the lead off the 12 volt battery wait 5 minutes and reattach.
Sponsored