mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have been using the voice control feature more and more. Mostly to change radio channels, but sometimes to change the temperature settings. We should create a cheat sheet for what it can be used for. Anyone else using it routinely?
Sponsored

zeebee2

First Name
Zahid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (since June 20) and Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
I have been using the voice control feature more and more. Mostly to change radio channels, but sometimes to change the temperature settings. We should create a cheat sheet for what it can be used for. Anyone else using it routinely?
Yes - my favourite command is 'massage me' which activates the massage function on the driver seat.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
It works well with the nav, and I find it faster than touch typing on the on-screen keyboard or using the drawing pad area. A simple "Drive Home" works well to start navigation to the favorite marked as Home. You can also use addresses. I find that the sequence: "Drive to city, address" works best. For example, "Drive to Atlanta, 123 Main Street". You can also do named points of interest, like "Drive to Starbucks" and will present a selection of destinations. It doesn't hear everything I say perfectly, especially for the names of cities or destinations, but if I 'mispronounce it' the way the car says it I find it works fine.

Voice is also very convenient for the XM Radio. I'm not sure how else to direct-tune a station, but "Play Radio Margaritaville" will take me right there.

Brent
Sponsored