First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Bye to trusty Panamera eHybrid

Thankfully able to reuse the Panamera’s winter wheel kit, with spacers to clear suspension knuckles (which improves looks anyway)
Sponsored

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
Those with an expected delivery date of February, have you had a call from the dealer for a delay in production regarding the heater issue?

Since my order everything was perfect, last week again my dealer confirmed delivery at the end of February scheduled and this morning.. gulps.. no more info to date he must contact me tomorrow.. :crying:

My car was starting production on 02cd Feb

Tomato

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Finally got my Gentian Blue this Saturday. Delivery was technically on January 27 but had to wait a bit to get it transported from across the country. Here's the timeline:

11/8/22 Freeze Date
11/22/22 Scheduled for Production
12/8/22 Start Production
12/14/22 Production Completed
12/14/22 Ready for Transport
12/16/22 In Transit to Emden Port
12/16/22 Arrival Emden Port
1/3/23 On Vessel (Siem Cicero) Est. 12/18/22
1/18/23 Entry Port (Baltimore)
1/18/23 Port Processing
1/21/23 En Route to Dealer
1/23/23 Arrival at Dealer
1/27/23 "Took Delivery"
2/3/23 On Transport to Los Angeles
2/11/23 Arrived in Los Angeles

The only date missed was On Vessel date. It went from 12/18/22 to 1/3/23 where it sat at Emden Port for 2 extra weeks which moved all the other milestone dates after that.

Wish you all get yours soon! Big thank you to @ssim for making this happen.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Finally got my Gentian Blue this Saturday. Delivery was technically on January 27 but had to wait a bit to get it transported from across the country. Here's the timeline:

11/8/22 Freeze Date
12/8/22 Start Production
1/18/23 Port Processing
1/27/23 "Took Delivery"

The only date missed was On Vessel date. It went from 12/18/22 to 1/3/23 where it sat at Emden Port for 2 extra weeks which moved all the other milestone dates after that.

Super helpful update as I am looking into the Freeze Date this week. I wonder if you could share your build to see what audio you have and if it came with the amp. Also, can you confirm nothing is missing such as electric steering column adjustment, you have 2 keys, heater is working, etc.

Tomato

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Super helpful update as I am looking into the Freeze Date this week. I wonder if you could share your build to see what audio you have and if it came with the amp. Also, can you confirm nothing is missing such as electric steering column adjustment, you have 2 keys, heater is working, etc.
My build is pretty bare. Standard interior with just premium package, ACC and 21" CT design wheels. Unfortunately I got hit with the Bose and electric steering column shortage. I only have the standard audio which is terrible for anything but talk radio. It's passable for music but not very enjoyable. I got 2 keys, heater seems to be working fine but it doesn't get very cold in So. Cal so I actually had to turn the heat down.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag

11/8/22 Freeze Date
12/8/22 Start Production
1/18/23 Port Processing
1/27/23 "Took Delivery"

Im guessing you did PECLA delivery? So basically they just ship the car to your dealer and the dealer ships it to the PEC? Seems logistically annoying, i figured Porsche would just ship it directly to the PEC of your choice.

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Im guessing you did PECLA delivery? So basically they just ship the car to your dealer and the dealer ships it to the PEC? Seems logistically annoying, i figured Porsche would just ship it directly to the PEC of your choice.
@Tomato had his car shipped enclosed to him home directly from the dealership, as it was a locked inbound unit and PEC LA could not be added.

On custom orders, if the client opts for PEC LA/ATL delivery, the car is shipped there directly. For PEC LA Delivery, the car can be processed through one of two ports: Benicia (if the purchaser lives in CA) and Houston (if the purchaser lives outside of CA; the car is then trucked from Houston to PEC LA).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Those with an expected delivery date of February, have you had a call from the dealer for a delay in production regarding the heater issue?

Since my order everything was perfect, last week again my dealer confirmed delivery at the end of February scheduled and this morning.. gulps.. no more info to date he must contact me tomorrow.. :crying:

My car was starting production on 02cd Feb
Car arrived at the dealership today and pickup arranged for this Friday.

Then came "the call".

No dice.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
One more successful February delivery (last weekend). ~20 months deposit to delivery.
Porsche Taycan February 2023 deliveries 1676607749220

I'm still in the process of running it in, as per Porsche Owner's Manual suggestion (see below). My father always used to say, "anything worth doing it worth doing it right", so I decided to drive it 5,000km to be sure it's property "ran-in" ;) This means I got a few more days of driving left, during which won't be posting much in that time. Will write a up a run-in report probably next weekend.

Porsche Taycan February 2023 deliveries 1676607934265

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car arrived at the dealership today and pickup arranged for this Friday.

Then came "the call".

No dice.
What happened? Is the car missing parts?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What happened? Is the car missing parts?
Not clear but at PDI the fault was detected. I find it odd that such a fault could just occur between leaving the factory and reaching the dealership and before customer handover. My view is that the car was shipped with a known fault and that it won't be an isolated case.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
One more successful February delivery (last weekend). ~20 months deposit to delivery.
1676607749220.png

I'm still in the process of running it in, as per Porsche Owner's Manual suggestion (see below). My father always used to say, "anything worth doing it worth doing it right", so I decided to drive it 5,000km to be sure it's property "ran-in" ;) This means I got a few more days of driving left, during which won't be posting much in that time. Will write a up a run-in report probably next weekend.

1676607934265.png
Congratulations.

Not sure the running in guidance is entirely relevant as I would not be surprised that some of the cut and paste of text across model manuals is performed with much due care and attention.

One would reasonably expect such a requirement to be highlighted st handover. In the old days there always used to be a running in period for the engine followed up by an oil change. No such thing these days and less so on an EV.

Enjoy!

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
Not clear but at PDI the fault was detected. I find it odd that such a fault could just occur between leaving the factory and reaching the dealership and before customer handover. My view is that the car was shipped with a known fault and that it won't be an isolated case.
Really very unlucky Adrian - I think quite a few of us will shortly be in a similar position. Have they given you any idea as to how long the replacement heater part will take to get to them. It would be interesting to know whether they will prioritise newly dispatched cars or existing cars or just at random.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Really very unlucky Adrian - I think quite a few of us will shortly be in a similar position. Have they given you any idea as to how long the replacement heater part will take to get to them. It would be interesting to know whether they will prioritise newly dispatched cars or existing cars or just at random.
No information so far.

Depends what you read but vehicles in the field were to be prioritised but who knows for sure as your dealership will be the least likely source of reliable knowledge.

I suspect a global recall is in the offing once parts are available.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations.

Not sure the running in guidance is entirely relevant as I would not be surprised that some of the cut and paste of text across model manuals is performed with much due care and attention.

One would reasonably expect such a requirement to be highlighted st handover. In the old days there always used to be a running in period for the engine followed up by an oil change. No such thing these days and less so on an EV.

Enjoy!
Well, I know the manual is wrong about regen not working for some initial period, it was fully enabled when I picked it up with 21 miles on the odometer. It is also wrong about the rear view mirror which doesn't even look like the one in the manual. Unfortunately, owner’s manual is still necessary for Porsche as their software is not intuitive at all. One thing I will give to Tesla, they have an intuitive UI which you can use without reading the manual.
Sponsored