Feeback on build for new 2023 Taycan 4S

abakran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
infiniti
Country flag
Hey all, I am about to place my order for a new build T4S, below is link. Wanted to get some feedback on any updates I should drop or maybe add. I am particularly wondering how you guys feel about the calipers in white/black/yellow. Personally I like the yellow but didn't feel like it is worth the extra money. also wanted to see thoughts on mission wheels in terms of effeciency, maintanability... Any other feedback is welcome.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMRPUH2
Sponsored

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Build looks good. My 2cents, the technology package isn’t worth the money to me. Of the four options, the only one that makes sense to me is the ACC. I have a similar build.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Looks like a pretty barebones build is what you're after?

I would add a few options that wouldn't break the bank.

- Exterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior Color and Base in High Gloss Black (otherwise the base is a cheap looking plastic)

- Window Trim in High Gloss Black

- Door Handles in High Gloss Black (love how sporty this looks like, especially on white, Chalk and ice grey)

- Prep for dashcam

- smoking package (it's free)

There are others I'd add but trying to keep the price from going too high.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Build looks good. My 2cents, the technology package isn’t worth the money to me. Of the four options, the only one that makes sense to me is the ACC. I have a similar build.
I agree.. I skipped it as well.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
4S comes standard with summer tires. If you want all-season tires you must select that option in wheel accessories.
Add:
Porsche Intelligent Range Manager - can help with road trip planning
Onboard 150kw/400v DC charger - threads on this forum explain why

Your are wise not to have included Porsche Mobile Charger Connect option. Porsche EVSE's are not good. For home AC charging, get a good EVSE from a well-regarded EVSE manufacturer. Many threads in this forum about non-Porsche EVSEs.

Edited to add:
You selected the optional 19.2 kw AC on-board charger. The Taycan comes standard with a 9.6/11.2 kw AC on-board charger. Be aware that both of these are chargers in the car. The photo for the 19.2 kw option shows an external charging supply device (EVSE). This is not what the 19.2 kw on-board charger actually is.
You would select the 19.2 kw on-board charger if you want faster AC/home charging than the standard 9.6 kw on-board charger, which normally allows full charge overnight (8 - 9 hours).

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey all, I am about to place my order for a new build T4S, below is link. Wanted to get some feedback on any updates I should drop or maybe add. I am particularly wondering how you guys feel about the calipers in white/black/yellow. Personally I like the yellow but didn't feel like it is worth the extra money. also wanted to see thoughts on mission wheels in terms of effeciency, maintanability... Any other feedback is welcome.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMRPUH2
Before getting too hung up on colour of calipers (they come at significant costs due to the step up in brakes - Surface Coated (white or black) or Carbon Ceramic (yellow only). Standard 4S has red calipers but probably these can be optioned as gloss black - there may be supply issues limiting you to what you can select -Mission Es and choice of brakes on 4S models and below. Suggest checking with your dealer.

With Mission E's you have to select PSCB at a minimum.

Consider:

Brush black aluminium door tread plates
Racetex B-Pillars (plastic otherwise)

FLT6LVR

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 911S
Country flag
Personally I don’t think the 19.2kw charger is worth the upgrade. Even if it’s twice as fast as the standard unit it’s too slow to be of much practical value (ie you’re not going to plug it in for an. I’d put that money towards something else.

Agree with others that the tech package doesn’t have much appeal (at least to me). I don’t care for the ACC either.

Racetex headliner and B pillars make the car feel commensurate with price but they still seem a little too dear to me.

Lastly someone above called this a bare bones build…I don’t see how one could make such a conclusion. This car is lavishly equipped IMO. Guys on forums will tell you that your car is worthless without paint to sample air vent trim….many of them are wound a little tight.

Those of us who have owned a few Porsches know that sometimes the best cars have the least options (less to break, less weight, more purity, more driving pleasure). The car without any options provides a sublime experience. The performance upgrades may help a little at a track but no one in their right mind would regularly track a 5000 Lb luxobarge complete w glass roof lol.

F6L
Sponsored

Last edited: