Feedback on GTS Build?

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Hi all,

I originally ordered a 4S but was fortunate to get an early GTS allocation with my dealer! Tentatively aiming for a May/June 2022 delivery.

I've got until early February to make any changes, but this is what I've spec'd so far:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQUZFW0

(Build code: PNQUZFW0)

Porsche Taycan Feedback on GTS Build? iris

Porsche Taycan Feedback on GTS Build? iris-2

Porsche Taycan Feedback on GTS Build? iris-3

Some lingering thoughts:
  • Love the Race-Tex seats but it doesn't seem practical (in terms of wear/upkeep) since this will be my primary car, so I decided on the red leather interior for now. Am I overthinking this or should I just go with the Race-Tex?
  • Can't decide on the color of the Porsche Logo on the light strip. I'm not a fan of the glacier blue, but the standard white/silver letters aren't available to spec on the GTS. I haven't seen the black lettering in person, but in my opinion, it looks too dark in the pictures I've seen online?
  • Will likely add the fancy new glass roof if it's not too ridiculously expensive.

Since this is my first Porsche, I'd love to get some feedback on the build - especially if I've overlooked any options or if I should re-consider anything.

Thanks!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Hi all,

I originally ordered a 4S but was fortunate to get an early GTS allocation with my dealer! Tentatively aiming for a May/June 2022 delivery.

I've got until early February to make any changes, but this is what I've spec'd so far:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQUZFW0

(Build code: PNQUZFW0)

iris.jpeg

iris-2.jpeg

iris-3.jpeg

Some lingering thoughts:
  • Love the Race-Tex seats but it doesn't seem practical (in terms of wear/upkeep) since this will be my primary car, so I decided on the red leather interior for now. Am I overthinking this or should I just go with the Race-Tex?
  • Can't decide on the color of the Porsche Logo on the light strip. I'm not a fan of the glacier blue, but the standard white/silver letters aren't available to spec on the GTS. I haven't seen the black lettering in person, but in my opinion, it looks too dark in the pictures I've seen online?
  • Will likely add the fancy new glass roof if it's not too ridiculously expensive.

Since this is my first Porsche, I'd love to get some feedback on the build - especially if I've overlooked any options or if I should re-consider anything.

Thanks!
Nice spec!
Chalk will be a nice contrast to the black GTS trim etc
unless you plan to track the car, I’m not sure that PDCC is essential.
In terms of interior trim it depends how you use the car, I think that careful use should mean that Race-Tex will be fine, that is my choice. However, if you have kids or a job that could involve the car getting more ‘abuse’, then leather would be a safer option.
Given you’ve chosen the leather interior, I’d save $680 and skip the B-pillar trims in Race-tex.
The GTS model has plenty of other black accents (and the black wheels), so I think the Porsche logo should also be black to match. Likewise i think the car would look better with the Matrix lights in black, not Glacier blue.
Unless you’re carrying rear seat passengers on a regular basis, I’d save money and skip the 4-zone climate.

This is based on my own build, but it’s just personal preference as I’ve not yet owned a Taycan, to be able to comment from experience.

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
3 things which you should re think.

GTS Comes with black Matrix headlights which I think makes the GTS looks super cool. Making them Glacier blue will be a question. The blue tint makes it look a little cheap and it takes the darkness away from the housing. I added that option but after looking all the videos on you tube i took that option out and changed them from blue to black.

you really dont need 4 zone climate control , until and unless you want to impress your passengers with the 5th display ?

last Pdcc isna question mark ? Do you need it or you can spend this money on the outside of your car to make it look more cool ?

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
3 things which you should re think.

GTS Comes with black Matrix headlights which I think makes the GTS looks super cool. Making them Glacier blue will be a question. The blue tint makes it look a little cheap and it takes the darkness away from the housing. I added that option but after looking all the videos on you tube i took that option out and changed them from blue to black.

you really dont need 4 zone climate control , until and unless you want to impress your passengers with the 5th display ?

last Pdcc isna question mark ? Do you need it or you can spend this money on the outside of your car to make it look more cool ?
i think OP is referring to the PORSCHE logo at the rear, inside the “matrix” housing above the “Taycan GTS” lettering. Which got blacken out in the GTS version.

IMO it looks fine, GTS tends to have this sinister look with darken accent. I saw it on the rear of a 992, which hide away the Porsche logo as it was a black car, looks pretty good.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Your build is basically what I have with the only differences being frozen blue vs chalk, taking the race-tex interior, tech package, the base wheels, Porsche intelligent range manager, and the aluminum foot pedals.

When it comes to the race-tex, my feelings are that yes, it will take more care than a leather interior, but I also don't mind it if I just need to keep some cloths and cleaning supplies in the car for any spills that happen. I have no doubt that I can keep the driver seat clean and clear of stains. If my child manages to cause some damage to the back seat, well, that's life, and at least I don't need to look back there. I don't really have concerns with adults in the front passenger seat though, it's not like they'll be eating food or anything like that in the car.

In short, I bought the car for me, race-tex makes me happy, and I'm willing to spend time keeping the car clean. If something gets damaged, that's life. If I wanted to be thrifty about it, I certainly wouldn't have gone with a Porsche.

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
Great spec, would still add Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear) and Sunvisors in leather. Otherwise I would pick about same specs (have them also in my CT4, except blue lights and glacier blue text).

OP
OP
spicyypenguin

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Thanks for all the feedback!

I did end up removing both Glacier Blue options (LED-matrix headlights and "PORSCHE" text on the rear lightstrip) for the GTS default in black.

Great spec, would still add Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear)
I thought that the GTS embossing on the headrests came standard? I remember seeing it on the seats on my old build page and someone else also posted about it here. Doesn't show up on the config anymore though, I'll ask my dealer about it.

Edit:

Still shows up in the list of standard features! Also attached an example picture from the other thread about the seats.

Porsche Taycan Feedback on GTS Build? Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 2.28.46 PM

Porsche Taycan Feedback on GTS Build? ima

Last edited: