Hawk

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C55 AMG, Audi Q7
Country flag
Hi all, got the coveted call to lock down my GTS build. Would welcome your feedback:

GTS Build

May remove the 19.2kW On-Board Charger option, per my readings in this forum on its need day to day

Thank you!

FYI - my SA informed me today the following options are on the challenge list as a stop order as of now (I'm in Canada):
89 - paint to sample​
1LQ - PCCB​
1LX - PCCB with brake calipers painted in black (high gloss)​
3FP - panoramic roof, fixed, with variable light transmission​
6RD - interior trim package with decorative stitching in contrasting colour​
6RE - seat centre leather in contrasting colour​
6RF - interior trim package with decorative stitching and seat centres leather in contrasting colour​
6RI - interior trim package with decorative stitching in contrasting colour (i.c.w. GTS-interior)​
Sponsored

Last edited:

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’m very irritated you can still spec PCCB on a GTS. You can’t in the UK currently.

OP
OP
Hawk

Hawk

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C55 AMG, Audi Q7
Country flag
One question please - Does the car come with a wall mount for the included charger do I have to purchase that option? Thanks

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
One question please - Does the car come with a wall mount for the included charger do I have to purchase that option? Thanks
The included Porsche Mobile Charger Plus comes with a wall mount.
Suggest you not rely on any Porsche brand EVSE for home charging. See many posts on forum for why, including this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/

For related info on home charging see:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/us-home-charging-recommendation-this-is-as-simple-as-i-can-make-it…honestly-bare-bones-least-amount-of-text….11745/
and:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/us-over-the-top-the-well-equipped-ev-home-garage…for-those-that-wish-to-over-do-it-….2343/
and:
https://www.youtube.com/@StateOfChargeWithTomMoloughney

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Nice build @Hawk with clear direction on where you are going with it, such as CF mirror caps and interior. 19.2 kW is very limited use case and expensive option, so read more about it on the forum if you have any benefit from it. The only comment that I can make is that if someone chooses the GTS trim then general approach is to keep GTS exclusive elements, which is not the case with your build.

OP
OP
Hawk

Hawk

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C55 AMG, Audi Q7
Country flag
Nice build @Hawk with clear direction on where you are going with it, such as CF mirror caps and interior. 19.2 kW is very limited use case and expensive option, so read more about it on the forum if you have any benefit from it. The only comment that I can make is that if someone chooses the GTS trim then general approach is to keep GTS exclusive elements, which is not the case with your build.
Thanks. Yes I hear you about the GTS exclusive. I like the Mission E Wheels too much an the GTS package overall is far better than say 4s and right price point than Turbo for me. My wife and I to a certain extent prefer the full leather than race-tex. Hence, I sort of mixed things up to get a bit of everything :)
Yeah going to cancel 19.2 kW.

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
Hello Hawk,

I was in your position just 5 months ago! Recently took delivery of my GTS and I love it.
My spec is similar to yours with some differences. Ultimately you do what your gut tells you and listen to your own style. These forums and its members were SUPER helpful in helping me decide on my final spec. I have no regrets! I will try to give my practical and aesthetic inputs...

Exterior color: Gentian Blue.
LOVE IT, mine is the same.

Interior: Leather
I departed from the GTS spec and the Race-Tex and chose leather as well. I tested the Race-Tex at the dealer and did not like it at all. I am quite pleased with the leather.

Wheels: Mission-E
My original configurations all had the Mission-E wheels because I fell in love with the wheels from the original concept car. I had picked all black (no contrasting color). However, as time passed, I started to love the GTS specific all black 21" Spyders. I also learned that the painted Mission E wheels have a problem with paint chipping. I eventually switched over to the Spyders and didn't look back. I am so happy I made that change because the Spyders look fantastic.

Seats: Rear 2+1
I will occasionally have 5 people in the car, so this was needed.

Seats: Heated Front and Rear
I did not spec the rear heated seats as having backseat passengers will be occasional. And also because I'm in California, doesn't get THAT cold here.

Seats: Ventilated Front
yes yes yes

Premium + Tech Packages:
Agree, my spec includes

Exterior Mirror Upper Trim CF:
This is an aesthetic choice. I am not a big fan of carbon fiber so I went with the blue upper trim and glossy black base.

Performance: RAS + PSCB (white)
Agree, I spec'd these
The brakes make no dust

Lights and Vision: Headlights
I had initially selected the glacier blue, but then saw them in person and did not like.
It's just the inner housing which is colored.
I went with the default black LED-Matrix PDLS+, to keep in line with the black dominant GTS style

Lights and Vision: Lightstrip
Did not like the glacier blue in the back. But if you like it, go for it.

Interior Packages/Decor: CF
See above re: CF. Not a fan, but get it if you like it

Interior Packages/Decor: Silver Accent Package:
I did do this to give some contrast inside and make it easier to see the door handles

Seatbelts & Seat Design: Headrests
Porsche Crest on Headrests: I did this, I like how it looks

Seatbelts & Seat Design: Seatbelts in Graphite Blue
I had spec'd the graphite blue as well initially. However, I saw forum postings and photos that showed that the graphite blue was not much of a blue at all and did not contrast well with my black leather seats. They looked very washed out and meh. I switched to chalk seatbelts for contrast and am happy.

Interior: Vehicle Keys Painted + Pouch
Would not get this for $470 which is gouging you. The "painted" key is basically 2 cheap plastic colored inserts that snap onto your key. And the leather pouch is boring and overpriced in my opinion. You can get the plastic colored inserts off of Amazon or eBay for WAY cheaper.

Interior: Aluminum pedals
I got this and like them, good choice

Interior: B-pillar trim in Race-Tex
yes yes yes

E-Performance: Power Charge Port Cover
Cool very cool, I love it

E-Performance: 19.2kW On-Board Charger
Much has been discussed about this. The ONLY reason to spec this is if you KNOW for a fact you will be using a high current (e.g. 80A) charger and need to be able to charge very quickly. If not relevant to you, I recommend avoiding.

E-Performance: 150 kW DC Charger
This has also been discussed on these forums. Potentially useful if and when Tesla opens up their superchargers in your area. I did select this as the cost is relatively low and there are many more Tesla superchargers in my area than EA chargers.

Hope this helps. Congrats on the allocation and get ready for the fun!

OP
OP
Hawk

Hawk

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C55 AMG, Audi Q7
Country flag
Thank you for confirming about the wall mount.
Appreciate the links, couple of these I knew off and great.
May I ask which EVSE did you go with and why?

OP
OP
Hawk

Hawk

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C55 AMG, Audi Q7
Country flag
Hello Hawk,

I was in your position just 5 months ago! Recently took delivery of my GTS and I love it.
My spec is similar to yours with some differences. Ultimately you do what your gut tells you and listen to your own style. These forums and its members were SUPER helpful in helping me decide on my final spec. I have no regrets! I will try to give my practical and aesthetic inputs...

Exterior color: Gentian Blue.
LOVE IT, mine is the same.

Interior: Leather
I departed from the GTS spec and the Race-Tex and chose leather as well. I tested the Race-Tex at the dealer and did not like it at all. I am quite pleased with the leather.

Wheels: Mission-E
My original configurations all had the Mission-E wheels because I fell in love with the wheels from the original concept car. I had picked all black (no contrasting color). However, as time passed, I started to love the GTS specific all black 21" Spyders. I also learned that the painted Mission E wheels have a problem with paint chipping. I eventually switched over to the Spyders and didn't look back. I am so happy I made that change because the Spyders look fantastic.

Seats: Rear 2+1
I will occasionally have 5 people in the car, so this was needed.

Seats: Heated Front and Rear
I did not spec the rear heated seats as having backseat passengers will be occasional. And also because I'm in California, doesn't get THAT cold here.

Seats: Ventilated Front
yes yes yes

Premium + Tech Packages:
Agree, my spec includes

Exterior Mirror Upper Trim CF:
This is an aesthetic choice. I am not a big fan of carbon fiber so I went with the blue upper trim and glossy black base.

Performance: RAS + PSCB (white)
Agree, I spec'd these
The brakes make no dust

Lights and Vision: Headlights
I had initially selected the glacier blue, but then saw them in person and did not like.
It's just the inner housing which is colored.
I went with the default black LED-Matrix PDLS+, to keep in line with the black dominant GTS style

Lights and Vision: Lightstrip
Did not like the glacier blue in the back. But if you like it, go for it.

Interior Packages/Decor: CF
See above re: CF. Not a fan, but get it if you like it

Interior Packages/Decor: Silver Accent Package:
I did do this to give some contrast inside and make it easier to see the door handles

Seatbelts & Seat Design: Headrests
Porsche Crest on Headrests: I did this, I like how it looks

Seatbelts & Seat Design: Seatbelts in Graphite Blue
I had spec'd the graphite blue as well initially. However, I saw forum postings and photos that showed that the graphite blue was not much of a blue at all and did not contrast well with my black leather seats. They looked very washed out and meh. I switched to chalk seatbelts for contrast and am happy.

Interior: Vehicle Keys Painted + Pouch
Would not get this for $470 which is gouging you. The "painted" key is basically 2 cheap plastic colored inserts that snap onto your key. And the leather pouch is boring and overpriced in my opinion. You can get the plastic colored inserts off of Amazon or eBay for WAY cheaper.

Interior: Aluminum pedals
I got this and like them, good choice

Interior: B-pillar trim in Race-Tex
yes yes yes

E-Performance: Power Charge Port Cover
Cool very cool, I love it

E-Performance: 19.2kW On-Board Charger
Much has been discussed about this. The ONLY reason to spec this is if you KNOW for a fact you will be using a high current (e.g. 80A) charger and need to be able to charge very quickly. If not relevant to you, I recommend avoiding.

E-Performance: 150 kW DC Charger
This has also been discussed on these forums. Potentially useful if and when Tesla opens up their superchargers in your area. I did select this as the cost is relatively low and there are many more Tesla superchargers in my area than EA chargers.

Hope this helps. Congrats on the allocation and get ready for the fun!
Thanks so much! Amazing feedback and good to hear it from a fellow Gentian Blue owner.

I have lost track how much time i've spent on RS vs Mission E rims. Mixed reviews everywhere on the forums as well. I went with what my gut really told me. Personally because the car is darker I find the black GTS RS Spyder rims don't stand out. The mission e is just unique. But like you said, absolutely personal choice and totally respect your taste. As for the Mission e rims chipping, yes am aware and i know you can touch them up. But you have given me something to think about this week before its locked down. To your point, regardless of the rim I will keep PSCB.

The seatbelt, well my interior is limestone-beige (or chalk-beige), which is light beige..stark contrast to your black. I didn't pick chalk cause I figured it would get dirty quick given seatbelt will always have our hands on it. To your point, let me look for real life pics of graphite blue seat belts and assess!

I think you saved me $480 with your key/pouch comment. Going to remove!

19.2kW, yes will be removing

Yeah I like Carbon Fiber as you can tell :) Think it goes well with the blue as a subtle touch but its there. I even thought about the full body kit but passed.

Question - did you use the Porsche supplied charger or went with another EVSE and if so which please?

Thanks again!

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
Hi Hawk,

There is obviously no right or wrong with aesthetic choices! For what its worth, I have gotten many compliments/comments on both the exterior color and the Spyder wheels specifically.

I had a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in the garage with a Hubbell receptacle.
As for the EVSE, I am using the Juicebox 40 which has been working great.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have Wallbox Pulsar Plus 40 amp EVSE on 50 amp circuit. I'm satisfied with it.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Plese don't take offence but this doesn't look like a GTS. No GTS interior, no RS Spyder wheels.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Thanks so much! Amazing feedback and good to hear it from a fellow Gentian Blue owner.

I have lost track how much time i've spent on RS vs Mission E rims. Mixed reviews everywhere on the forums as well. I went with what my gut really told me. Personally because the car is darker I find the black GTS RS Spyder rims don't stand out. The mission e is just unique. But like you said, absolutely personal choice and totally respect your taste. As for the Mission e rims chipping, yes am aware and i know you can touch them up. But you have given me something to think about this week before its locked down. To your point, regardless of the rim I will keep PSCB.

The seatbelt, well my interior is limestone-beige (or chalk-beige), which is light beige..stark contrast to your black. I didn't pick chalk cause I figured it would get dirty quick given seatbelt will always have our hands on it. To your point, let me look for real life pics of graphite blue seat belts and assess!

I think you saved me $480 with your key/pouch comment. Going to remove!

19.2kW, yes will be removing

Yeah I like Carbon Fiber as you can tell :) Think it goes well with the blue as a subtle touch but its there. I even thought about the full body kit but passed.

Question - did you use the Porsche supplied charger or went with another EVSE and if so which please?

Thanks again!
Wheels:
Mission-E in silver look very chipped on lot cars. I am still sticking with them for the same reasons, want to be as close to the original prototype as possible, so my choice is to match body color. However, I plan to PPF the painted areas if possible. My PPF shop will assess feasibility when I have it and I can report back on the wear/chipping over time.

Interior:
I think the Limestone Beige is a mistake vs. Black/Chalk with Chalk belts because of getting it dirty misconception. I am not understanding why there is such a deep belief about light interiors getting dirty. This is a Porsche and they do amazing job with interior leather. I had 2 SUVs (Cayenne and Macan) with full Lux Beige light interiors (I mean full dash, floor, roof lining) with zero issues getting dirty or wearing out (8 years and counting) including seat belts. Now I have Cayenne with Blue/Chalk interior and Chalk belts and after 3 years it is flawless vs. any full black leathers that I see at the dealer and suspect that this is why they are not selling (3 of them on the lot for a long time now). Therefore, Black/Chalk is not to dismiss for that reason alone and this combo gives you just a little bit of Chalk, not all over like Limestone or my Cayenne Blue/Chalk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hawk

Hawk

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C55 AMG, Audi Q7
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback.
Limestone beige is fairly light, yes its not sporty per say. Hence the choice. Ofcourse could go all black but wanted to brighten up the inside in a dark coloured exterior.

Does having two young children (baby and 8 years old) impact the thought around the risk of having a chalk interior - spills, stains, and all that fun lol. Open to anyones thought who may have chalk and has tried and tested its durability.