Keith

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
Country flag
Hi there - I love reading all the informative posts and comments on here - so thought Iā€™d sign up rather than stalk in the shadows!

my first post (sure it wonā€™t be my last) so thanks inadvance to anyone who would give me their take on any of the following.

Iā€™ve been looking at buying outright versus PCP through my limited company.

PCP wise for those of you ā€œin the systemā€ how have you found, or what have you heard about porches end valuation of your cars after 3 years ? Do you find it good/ genuine ? Iā€™m a bit nervous with PCP that you end up paying dearly interest wise , and potentially at the mercy of a FGV set by the dealer. (Iā€™m clearly a miserable cynic!) I canā€™t quite get my head around the interest over 3 years - almost as a matter of principal rather than anything else. It feels like setting fire to a lot of dosh

Buying outright does indeed make lots of sense on paper numbers wise - but I canā€™t help but wonder if by the time my wait is over and the car is here- Porsche will already have something better coming out so then makes owning feel a bit uneasy in the relatively early days of EV

Iā€™ve read to death so many of your fab posts re the maths ā€¦ especially with limited companies - but I was wondering the view a lot of you take on it- in particular porches interest rates and FGVs

thank you ā˜®
Sponsored

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I'm buying outright through a limited company - I did some sums based on various FGVs and in almost all cases it didn't work out much different than PCP. My sums (and my accountant gave the nod that they were correct) was that anything over 60% FGV would work out cheaper than PCP.

Plus if you have money in the bank, you can argue that it's eroding in value by up to 10% due to inflation anyway...though that's man-maths to get what I want :D