FINAL CHOOSE - 4S standard battery or good spec RWD with Performance Battery?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My advice is this. You only buy a new Porsche once in a great while (or once) and since there is no practical reason to own one, and much cheaper ways to get transportation, it is a dream car and you should build the one you want. So get the 4S with the options you want on the base model. If you are really limited to a certain budget ("I only can afford $110,000!!") or the resale value REALLY matters to your financial future, you should probably buy a different car, or wait a few years for a used Taycan.
True statement. BTW, I used to live in Royal oak. Greetings! :fist bump:
Sponsored

mikelevitt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
True statement. BTW, I used to live in Royal oak. Greetings! :fist bump:
Royal Oak is changing a LOT. Tons of construction and tall buildings, and if you haven't been there for a few years, you might not recognize it. More like Birmingham than Ferndale now (not a good thing IMO!)

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My $0.02. There's no such thing as "don't need more power". I test drove the 4S and was blown away, so I got the 4S. Now after 6 months I start wondering how much faster the Turbo and Turbo S are. We grow used to performance.....I will always chose a naked more powerful machine to a super spec'd lower HP machine. But again, just my $0.02.

OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - production 01/22
Country flag
@Silveral

My final decision was like yours. I have finalny choose 4S with PB+. Now waiting for production :)

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Silveral

My final decision was like yours. I have finalny choose 4S with PB+. Now waiting for production :)
I hope you won't have to wait too long. BUT....any wait will be worth it. The Taycan is out of this world. I have driven and owned so many amazing ICE cars before, but every single day it puts a big grin on my face and I truly feel privileged to own one......

Congratulations!!!!

OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Silveral Production second week of January. In dealership in first week of February, but I am out of country till 26th of February..

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’d go with better equiped RWD, but it’s your decision, your money, your car… :like:
i wish you fast forwarding days;)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Royal Oak is changing a LOT. Tons of construction and tall buildings, and if you haven't been there for a few years, you might not recognize it. More like Birmingham than Ferndale now (not a good thing IMO!)
2015 last time. That's not good - glad I'm out of MI. In addition, whitmer royally fucked the state up.

OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@B61 Minę 4S is also good equipped :)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@B61 Minę 4S is also good equipped :)
I don;t understand Polish language (even my ancestors came from Poland more than 500 years ago), so I was not able to compare your specs. I thought that you have to decide between RWD with lots of options and base 4S…

OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@B61 This was original plan, but ... everything has change. As always the budget has been broken and we go for 4S with good spec (not the best one) but in my opinion very good. I am only missing Mission E wheels, but it's almost 7700 USD (with gold paint). So in my opinion - too much.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@B61 This was original plan, but ... everything has change. As always the budget has been broken and we go for 4S with good spec (not the best one) but in my opinion very good. I am only missing Mission E wheels, but it's almost 7700 USD (with gold paint). So in my opinion - too much.
Understood, but you didn;t ask if you should go beyond budget :giggle:
btw: now, you just need to update your profile from RWD to 4S ;)
(i think that you’ll miss olea leather more than e-wheels)

OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@B61 - Correct! I have done it already and I have Olea leather :)

Reactions: B61

mikelevitt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
2015 last time. That's not good - glad I'm out of MI. In addition, whitmer royally fucked the state up.
What did Whitmer do? All I can see is that the roads are finally getting fixed, everywhere, and at a pretty incredible pace. Pretty much everything is under construction at the same time, which can be a PITA. The economy here is doing great, house prices are up, and there are more jobs than people to fill them.
Sponsored