FINAL CHOOSE - 4S standard battery or good spec RWD with Performance Battery?

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - production 01/22
Country flag
Hi there,

the days of locking my build are coming, so I must made decision - will you chose model 4S with standard battery or good spec RWD with Performance Battery? The price is the same. I had only ask what will be better for day use and resell value in future?

Best,
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The speed of RWD is for me ok, I don't need more horse power to daily driving. I thinking only about resell value after 4 years...

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Resale value - will you get $$ back for the larger battery? Hmm, that's not something we've had to deal with before.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
RWD with performance battery + unless you need AWD for winter.

OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have snow in my town for a week or two weeks maximum. I have second ICE car - Macan S. So with snow it's not a problem.

I am only asking what can be easier to sell - 4 years Taycan RWD with PB or 4 years Taycan 4S without PB.

Best

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have snow in my town for a week or two weeks maximum. I have second ICE car - Macan S. So with snow it's not a problem.

I am only asking what can be easier to sell - 4 years Taycan RWD with PB or 4 years Taycan 4S without PB.

Best
Nobody knows the answer as the cars haven't been out that long. And nobody can see into the future.

But, in your position and with everything you have stated, I would think the RWD is definitely the best bet.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Hi there,

the days of locking my build are coming, so I must made decision - will you chose model 4S with standard battery or good spec RWD with Performance Battery? The price is the same. I had only ask what will be better for day use and resell value in future?

Best,
I would go with the RWD. In normal day-to-day use there's not going to be a meaningful difference in the driving experience, and the larger battery and presumably more options will improve the livability and enjoyment of the car.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for that. In RWD I have almost everything - Bose, heated and ventilated seats, OLEA leather Truffle Brown, Air suspension, 360 cameras, acc, PB+, PDLS Plus, panoramic roof, 18 seats and much more. Only one is missing - rear axle steering, but budget is budget. The 4S I have in the same budget with standard interior (no leather) and without PB+. The only case is much power (In daily driving I don't need it) and four wheels drive in 4S. But without intensive winter and daily driving I also this the RWD is better.

This is my final spec -
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN8P2T28

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
As discussed in some current threads, the range delivered by the battery declines with time. How would you feel about the regular battery if it delivered 10% to 20% less range in 4 years. How would a potential buyer regard this? How about if your battery was fine, but there were reports of others having declining range?

There is not enough historical evidence yet available to have any confidence so why play to a weak hand?

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag

Best
I think this is a bad way to think about car purchases.

Historically, on 911's, the S models always retain more value than a base Carrera, at least in the water cooled era. However, you're also in it for less money. In your case, if you don't need the 4S, why drive a poverty spec for 4 years, when you could drive something nicer? There's not going to be a tremendous difference, so why punish yourself? Buy the car for you, not the next owner!

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Needsdecaf

Yes, correct. I have some minor thoughts when I was in dealership today and after speak with all you guys, for now I know that the option with good spec RWD will be perfect.

By the way - what do you think about my spec?

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think this is a bad way to think about car purchases.

Historically, on 911's, the S models always retain more value than a base Carrera, at least in the water cooled era. However, you're also in it for less money. In your case, if you don't need the 4S, why drive a poverty spec for 4 years, when you could drive something nicer? There's not going to be a tremendous difference, so why punish yourself? Buy the car for you, not the next owner!
+1 to buy the car for yourself and not for resale.

Having said that, my understanding is that options don't retain as much value as a percentage than the car model itself. So if you're spending say 110K either way, the 4S will sell for more than a loaded RWD. In fact, some of that is even modeled in the leasing calculations they use...

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
+1 to buy the car for yourself and not for resale.

Having said that, my understanding is that options don't retain as much value as a percentage than the car model itself. So if you're spending say 110K either way, the 4S will sell for more than a loaded RWD. In fact, some of that is even modeled in the leasing calculations they use...
+1 to both of these statements. I try to assume that the car will be worth $0 when I am done with it. That way, I am not afraid to drive and put miles on it, and I will be pleasantly surprised when it is worth more than $0 at the end of my ownership.

Options usually hold much less value than the base car. If history is any indicator, a 4S should be worth more in the future than a base model, given the same MSRP between the two.
Sponsored