Final spec!!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I do wonder how this works with wheels though. I suppose you go out and buy a set of expensive wheels a few months or year after the initial purchase? Will they no longer insure it? Doesn't make sense. Honestly, I think you should spec the base wheels, and then just buy the ones you want separately.
And if you don’t tell your insurer about the new wheels, you’re at risk of not being insured.
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
This basically confirms my point?

Article says:
1. Increase in cost:
Alloy wheels+8%

2. When determining the increase in premiums, insurance companies consider three main risk factors:
  1. If the modification will raise the risk of theft by making the car more attractive to thieves
  2. If it will raise the risk of an accident occurring, such as additional power
  3. If the modification will raise the value of the car by being expensive to repair or replace

3. Car modifications refer to any changes or additions made since the car left the factory, which doesn’t include manufacturer options that are factory-fitted. That is why we all know that kitting your car out with modifications like huge wheels, lowered suspension and a turbocharged engine will push up insurance costs

4. Standard alloy wheels won’t impact insurance, but if you upgrade them or even paint them a different colour, your premiums could rise. This is because better alloys may increase the likelihood of your wheels being stolen, which is a common insurance claim.

Clearly insurers view adding alloy wheels as increasing the risk and hence would charge a higher premium. If you’ve not declared this modification and make a claim, then they would be able to reduce (or refuse) the payout.

loysha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS E-tron GT
Country flag
I find them to be some of the best looking OEM wheels on sale today, by any brand, they really complete the look of the CT in my opinion. So I decided to sacrifice ACC in Favor of the wheels, I think I can leave without ACC, but those wheels will haunt me forever(yes I know I can buy the wheels after, for probably around 6k, but I know I won’t.
I advise you to choose ACC because you can always buy wheels. And you will definitely not be able to put ACC. ACC is very convenient on the highway and in the city. I use it 90% of the time.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I thought I read that a lot of the software related options can be purchased OTA after the fact. Like Inodrive and ACC. Find out what options you can buy after buying the car. That might get you down to your price level for insurance. Then after buying insurance, you can purchase the software options.

-ThinkMac-

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I thought I read that a lot of the software related options can be purchased OTA after the fact. Like Inodrive and ACC. Find out what options you can buy after buying the car. That might get you down to your price level for insurance. Then after buying insurance, you can purchase the software options.

-ThinkMac-
I think you have to have ACC to be able to add ALK and InnoDrive with FoD.
Sponsored