First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS
Country flag
Good evening, I also have the combo:

Taycan + Solar (Enphase, 21 KW/Peek)+ 20KW battery + HEM + 2 * PMCC (11KW and 22KW) in use. Stable connection HEM to the PMCCs via LAN/WLAN not PLC.

Everything works:
- HEM and PMCCs see each other
- Measurements analogous to my solar system measurement (Enphase)
- the PMCCS are modulated properly
- Data is transferred properly to Porsche.De

But:
- the PMCCs do go into "Waiting" mode (if too little surplus), stay there only for a short time and then go into "Charging" status and this behavior repeats infinitely or until the PMCC box "hangs up".
- the Taycan OBC also constantly goes from the Waiting mode to the Loading mode and makes corresponding noises
Sponsored

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
@cmaar do you have the charts of the PMCC devices showing this? And do you have coils for the HEMS installed at the wires going to your PMCCs ? Does this happen on both PMCCs?

cmaar

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS
Country flag
I have:

- 9 coils (3 * PV, 3 * grid, 3 * PMCC) all of them working properly
- as I stated Im using WLAN instead of PLC
- I managed it once to connect via PLC but after switching to WLAN I wasn't able to return to PLC (tried it hard at the weekend, I used the web interface of the HEM an the PMCC without success :-( )
- surplus loading during the day with sunshine works fine, the system modulated appropriate

Attached pictures show the actual state without a connected EV

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-04 um 10.53.00

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-04 um 10.52.31

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-04 um 10.51.33

Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.1 GTS Cabriolet
Country flag
Hi Andi, hi Christian,

i have the same problem: Surplus charging works fine. Once the sun is down in the evening the PMCC stops charging. Some time later the PMCC starts charging again - although there is no sun - with a maximum charging rate of 4,5 kW, which is exactly what can be drawn from my Tesla Powerwall ( battery) without getting anything from the grid. I suppose that the HEM is testing for maximum charging current without drawing current from the grid. The workaround for me: Disconnect the Taycan in the evening or configure a minimum charge level in my Tesla Powerball.

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
@Gubab At that time, is the PMCC showing the EVs SoC in its display? Is the minimum SoC defined in the active Profile reached? Is any timer setup and active?

Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.1 GTS Cabriolet
Country flag
@Gubab At that time, is the PMCC showing the EVs SoC in its display? Is the minimum SoC defined in the active Profile reached? Is any timer setup and active?
There were no timers active (since they do not work with optimized surplus charging). SoC was around 80%, minimum SoC was 25%. I think my PMCC always showed the EV SoC.

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
@Gubab what do the grid measurements in the HEMS show?

In general, timers should work with PV surplus charging. They are not exclusive.

I do not have any insights into how the HEMS logic is implemented. So I can only guess. In the end, Porsche Engineering should have the task to make sure this works and makes sense as they implemented it. You might want to try sending a support email to smartmobility at de dot porsche dot com as I am not aware of any other support channel.
Sponsored