Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar

Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.1 GTS Cabriolet
Country flag
Stefan, here are my thoughts on this: C1, C2 and C3 are your sensors for the Porsche EVSE. They should show negative ampere numbers when the car is charging ( if nothing else is connected to these three lines). These sensors should be on the lines going to the Porsche EVSE. C1 might be in the wrong direction. C2 is negative, which is correct, but C3 should show L3 and not L2 if you have a three phase system.

If the picture is taken when there was no sun, I wonder why the PV sensors C5 und C6 show current? So are the senors C4, C5 and C6 on the lines coming from the PV?

But: The picture shows 1101W coming from the grid going to the house? Then this is not offgrid? I think the HEMS needs grid sensors configured. Do you have grid senors? I have 9 senors: 3 on the lines from the Solar Edge PV inverter to the TESLA storage, 3 on the lines to the Porsche EVSE and 3 sensors on the lines to the grid.
I think photos of the sensors do not really help because there is such a mess of cables that you will not be able to identify what cable is going to what place.

Kind regards
Sponsored

stefan0663

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Stefan, here are my thoughts on this: C1, C2 and C3 are your sensors for the Porsche EVSE. They should show negative ampere numbers when the car is charging ( if nothing else is connected to these three lines). These sensors should be on the lines going to the Porsche EVSE. C1 might be in the wrong direction. C2 is negative, which is correct, but C3 should show L3 and not L2 if you have a three phase system.

If the picture is taken when there was no sun, I wonder why the PV sensors C5 und C6 show current? So are the senors C4, C5 and C6 on the lines coming from the PV?

But: The picture shows 1101W coming from the grid going to the house? Then this is not offgrid? I think the HEMS needs grid sensors configured. Do you have grid senors? I have 9 senors: 3 on the lines from the Solar Edge PV inverter to the TESLA storage, 3 on the lines to the Porsche EVSE and 3 sensors on the lines to the grid.
I think photos of the sensors do not really help because there is such a mess of cables that you will not be able to identify what cable is going to what place.

Kind regards
Sorry about the mess. Left 3 are from the grid and right 3 are from the inverter side. What is confusing is that as I said before there is no sun and I am on grid not offgrid (currently not using batteries since my wifes Jaguar I Pace was charging). I forgot to mention. My wifes Jaguar was on charger when pics took place. Now Taycan is connected and these are the readings from Taycan. Still showing current flow from inverter side which is not possible since they are in bypass. So In total I have 6 CT sensors. 3 above smart meter are from grid and 3 on the right above 1/-/2 switch are from inverter side.

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar IMG_4710

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar IMG_4711

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar IMG_4712

Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Stefan, so your current sensors CT1, CT2 and CT3 are in your HEM configured as Porsche EVSE sensors, which you don´t have and should be configured as grid sensors if they are the three left sensors, were your grid lines come in. In the HEM webinterface got to "Home Setup", "power sources" - here you find the configuration for your grid sensors called "house connection" - "Please assign the corresponding current sensors to your main line" . Your grid sensors ( CT1, CT2 and CT3?) should be listed here. Do not configure sensors to the porsche EVSE if you don´t have sensors on the line going to the EVSE. Please check if the sensors of your PV lines CT5, CT6 and CT7 are on the correct lines coming from the inverter. Once you have done this, you might send a picture of etup" "summary" and a picture of the sensors and what the situation is at that moment.
Kind regards

stefan0663

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Stefan, so your current sensors CT1, CT2 and CT3 are in your HEM configured as Porsche EVSE sensors, which you don´t have and should be configured as grid sensors if they are the three left sensors, were your grid lines come in. In the HEM webinterface got to "Home Setup", "power sources" - here you find the configuration for your grid sensors called "house connection" - "Please assign the corresponding current sensors to your main line" . Your grid sensors ( CT1, CT2 and CT3?) should be listed here. Do not configure sensors to the porsche EVSE if you don´t have sensors on the line going to the EVSE. Please check if the sensors of your PV lines CT5, CT6 and CT7 are on the correct lines coming from the inverter. Once you have done this, you might send a picture of etup" "summary" and a picture of the sensors and what the situation is at that moment.
Kind regards
Yes, You are right. My home CT sensors are selected same as EVSE current sensors. So that is the problem among other things? Here you can see that you are right...

I need to buy 3 more and have 9 in total?

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar IMG_4720

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar IMG_4719

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar IMG_4718

Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Stefan,
i think you don´t need EVSE sensors unless you want to limit the current going to the EVSE to less than the car can take ( in the manual there is a picture of a configuration without EVSE sensors), i have 9 sensors, since I wanted to limit the current going to the car. So try just to erase the EVSE sensors in the HEM configuration and see if this helped. I have configured in the "Home setup" - "Power Sources" in Photovoltaic system: "Load side or excess feed" and not "grid side or full feed". I would guess that you don´t have full feed - ( klick on see example and you will see pictures of the two different options) so you might try to correct this setting.

stefan0663

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Stefan,
i think you don´t need EVSE sensors unless you want to limit the current going to the EVSE to less than the car can take ( in the manual there is a picture of a configuration without EVSE sensors), i have 9 sensors, since I wanted to limit the current going to the car. So try just to erase the EVSE sensors in the HEM configuration and see if this helped. I have configured in the "Home setup" - "Power Sources" in Photovoltaic system: "Load side or excess feed" and not "grid side or full feed". I would guess that you don´t have full feed - ( klick on see example and you will see pictures of the two different options) so you might try to correct this setting.
Thank you very much for your fast reply. I have changed to what you suggested but I am not able to "NOT SELECT" `EVES without current sensors. But I have changed it to LOAD. Jaguar is on charger but I still don't see any LOAD on main screen. Why is that?

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar IMG_4723

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar IMG_4724

Porsche Taycan Finally figured it out - Home Energy Manager + Mobile Charger Connect + Solar IMG_4725

Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try: "Home setup" - "Power consumer" in the lower right corner you can delete the power consumer porsche EVSE. See what happens if you delete the porsche EVSE. I would imagin, that it is not correct to have the same sensors assigned to grid and the Porsche EVSE. There will be the same readings for grid and EVSE and the system may assume that all current coming from the grid is going to the Porsche EVSE - which would mean there is no PV energy possible.

Electroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, Honda S2000
Country flag
Thank you everyone on this forum. I am now able to “trickle charge” my Taycan. The primary issue was that despite my HEM showing as connected on my PMCC and paired, the icon showing the photovoltaic connection was not appearing. Solved by disconnecting and reconnecting HEM, having first switched from a mesh WiFi network to a direct from router network on both HEM and PMCC just in case the mesh was screwing things up. Then set up profiles as per Craig and bingo!

stefan0663

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am ordering 3 more CT's. But one this is till a mystery to me. How come I cannot see Solar side on Home energy manager? I see load on Current sensors but not on home screen!? Maybe it needs to read from grid as well but since I have off grid that is why it cannot read grid current since there is none.

Electroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, Honda S2000
Country flag
After 6 weeks of successful “trickle charging“ from my PV to car, for the past 2 weeks, despite sunshine and >4 kW generated by PV, none has been delivered to my Taycan - it’s being sent back to grid! Car is showing on HEMS. No settings changed. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

OP
OP
craig3101

craig3101

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan MY2022
Country flag
After 6 weeks of successful “trickle charging“ from my PV to car, for the past 2 weeks, despite sunshine and >4 kW generated by PV, none has been delivered to my Taycan - it’s being sent back to grid! Car is showing on HEMS. No settings changed. Very frustrating. Any ideas?
Hi Mike - have you done the good'old "turn off and on"? I find that my system hangs sometimes, and the HEMS and the charger just needs a reset to work again!

Electroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, Honda S2000
Country flag
Hi Mike - have you done the good'old "turn off and on"? I find that my system hangs sometimes, and the HEMS and the charger just needs a reset to work again!
I had rebooted the HEMS which didn’t help. I’ll switch off and on the power to the “charger” when the sun is shining again and I can tell what happens. Thanks Craig.

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
Make sure the PMCC is showing the vehicle name in the display.

Electroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, Honda S2000
Country flag
Problem solved. HEM had mysteriously disconnected, despite showing in PMCC as connected. Deleted HEM from PMCC, rebooted both HEM and PMCC, reconnected HEM in PMCC.

Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had three times my HEM disconnected from PMCC without obvious reason. WLAN was still available. Reboot of HEM with the reboot button did not help. But taking the HEM from power and switch the fuses on again after 5 minutes always solved the problem. HEM is just a computer that gets hung up now and then. I wonder what triggeres these disconnection.
Sponsored