Finally got the car! It was worth even that wait...

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
After 9 months from the order, six months from the stop sale, and three months from the stop-delivery, I finally received the 2022 CT4S in Mamba Green.

So far, in the first hundred miles or so it received
-35% tint
-home-made lowering links
-wheel cladding removal
-PPF
-Will's rear car rack
-Signature SV706 in triple black tint-coat.

Porsche Taycan Finally got the car!  It was worth even that wait... IMG_1127

Porsche Taycan Finally got the car!  It was worth even that wait... IMG_1129

Porsche Taycan Finally got the car!  It was worth even that wait... IMG_1139

A few notes...
-The performance package handles considerably better than the 4S sedan that I was given as a long term loaner while waiting for the car. Much flatter in the corners and much less need for Sport or Sport Plus "chassis" settings.
- The full leather interior is really worth (my) money. It's noticeably nicer than the base setting.
- I'm an 18-way-shaped person and the loaner was a 14-way. It's nice to be back in the 18-ways.
- PCM 19.whatever that was given as part of the uPdate/recall is nice, has very little lag, and has only once glitched.
- the paint is good, required very little correction, and seems to be perfect with Ammo's Reflex Pro home-applied ceramic coating.
- I need to work out the leather cleaner that Porsche uses for that flat finish. Any leather cleaner I have leaves a slight gloss that is incredibly annoying.
- The Signature SV706 are incredibly light (25lbs for the rear) and to me, incredibly beautiful. I just hope they stand up to Portland roads!!! I regret ordering the Porsche blade-style 21" wheels with the car. They'll be for sale soon.

Annoyances-
- there's a light whistle from the front of the car (windshield?) above 30mph. It stops when I tuck behind a truck. It's not supposed to do that and the sedan loaner didn't. I'll ask the dealer to look at it, but I have to at least play podcasts or music for now.
- There's more tire noise than I'd like given that I ordered the double-glass. I guess additional noise insulation is not included. I understand it is difficult to make a performance 305/265mm tireset quiet and still perform and have good range... but what's that Porsche says about compromise? ;)

OP
OP
Visceral

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Whoa. So you hit CP8 in December ‘21? Where did you go from there? Any ideas what it was?
Once the car arrived in Houston on 2/22 it was placed on a stop sale for reasons that they have not communicated. The car was then released in May but was put on the recall stop-delivery before they could get it to me. After the recall was done, the coolant pump was found to set codes. The car was finally delivered the first week of August.

taycanlovers

Banned
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
well this color for the turismo is quiet perfect. Nice view with the bikes on the hitch :D

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
Great look! Is the tire noise present with the aftermarket wheels or was it with the stock OEM wheels? Were they Goodyear's?
Sponsored