tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Congrats – I am impatient for my delivery here in Ireland. Although, with lockdown's probably better to not have it right now :)

You might post some ranges you get over the next week or so as the estimator starts to adjust to your driving style. I am wondering if 380km is possible when full.

OP
OP
miglio

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
Congrats – I am impatient for my delivery here in Ireland. Although, with lockdown's probably better to not have it right now :)

You might post some ranges you get over the next week or so as the estimator starts to adjust to your driving style. I am wondering if 380km is possible when full.
I need some days or weeks to test it.

but dealer told me that in few weeks after some charges the range will be better and better.

I have battery performance PLUS so porsche dealer told me that in a comfort driving style I can drive for more than 430 km...

now it’s first day and I have already do some hard acceleration and lunch control :whew::angel:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
What was your first impressions of the launch control compared to your 992 ?

OP
OP
miglio

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
my sensation is that in 992 s it’s quicker but also nervous obviously
in taycan it’s all smoother

In taycan, the launch control in sport plus is easier to do than on 992s...
that because when you put a classic (gasoline) car to limit, you can feel the effort of all parts in car...in EV you do that every time you want.

the real deal in the sporty EV imho is that you can do a daily quickly drive mode easier...

also the sheet told that 992s is a bit quicker

another Different feeling is that my 992s was a rear wheel drive so I was able to feel the push on my back...here is (during launch control) a hyper 4 wheel drive ( more than in a 9924s) so you are not only push in the back but you are really pull in the front, so the emotion is different...in 992 you have so power and stress that the front is always a little bit up so you lose the control of the car for a minimal but real moment...in Taycan this not happened

in launch control I can tell that heart smile a little bit on 992s because you feel that you cannot control the car for a part of second

The difference between the two in acceleration is in acceleration in drive (not launch control)...in that case a human used to drive a classic car isn’t ready for the power of EV and it’s no lag life....Unbelievable...because in standard car there is always a little bit of time you wait...and your mind and your body know that...in an EV the two are not ready and every time is blast and chaos

i think that taycan can make you more quickly on road easier and a lot of time more than in sports car because you don’t struggle

sorry for my english....I hope you understand my sensation

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Very nice, and a big welcome...

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
It’s a beautiful car. I hope you enjoy it. Drive it in good health! :like:
Sponsored