Finally ordered my Taycan

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Finally put my build together.

Since 2016 following the development from mission E to the Taycan and now finally ordered. The list with options and colors changed numerous times, but I think I made the right decision now. Curious what you guys think.

It's going to be a Chalk Turbo with truffle brown interior.

I asked the dealer to take back the original wheels, because I'm going with the Techart wheels on the car (highgloss black with polished facing).
Porsche Taycan Finally ordered my Taycan 1613646497901

I'm also going to paint the air intakes and the lower spoiler parts in the front bumper gloss black and leftout the numberplate housing.

Up for debate:
- color: My wife prefers black instead of Chalk
- Innodrive, because of recent info that it's not an FOD item.
- Mirrors, full color, or painted black lower part.
- Neodyme or dark grey interior parts.
- HUD
- Everything you guys come up with ;) .

Let me know your thoughts are?
Sponsored

Last edited:

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi Dennis,

congrats on your order! Funny thing, the picture you posted: I drove that exact car as my testdrive and ordered my 4S at that dealer :D

To your points:
-color: I got black, but I am kinda wishing I went for chalk, bright colors emphasize the great Taycan outlines.
-neodyme: if you have brighter leather colors inside, I'd go for it. I kept dark grey since I have black interior.

Cheers

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag

Since 2016 following the development from mission E to the Taycan and now finally ordered. The list with options and colors changed numerous times, but I think I made the right decision now. Curious what you guys think.

I asked the dealer to take back the original wheels, because I'm going with the Techart wheels on the car (highgloss black with polished facing).
1613646497901.png

I'm also going to paint the air intakes and the lower spoiler parts in the front bumper gloss black and leftout the numberplate housing.

Up for debate:

I would get the inno drive because I believe that it includes hardware that would be necessary for any OTA upgrades. getting it via FOD is not like getting it built into the car. there is a discussion on another thread regarding this, if I locate it I'll link it

OP
OP

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Hi Dennis,

congrats on your order! Funny thing, the picture you posted: I drove that exact car as my testdrive and ordered my 4S at that dealer :D

To your points:
-color: I got black, but I am kinda wishing I went for chalk, bright colors emphasize the great Taycan outlines.
-neodyme: if you have brighter leather colors inside, I'd go for it. I kept dark grey since I have black interior.

Cheers
Thanks. I got the pic when I searched for the Teachart wheels. How did it drive with the 22"?

Exactly my thougts on the chalk. I think with the Taycan a brighter color shows the outlines, the bumperparts and front and rear lighting better.

Also on the neodyme I share your opinion.

OP
OP

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I would get the inno drive because I believe that it includes hardware that would be necessary for any OTA upgrades. getting it via FOD is not like getting it built into the car. there is a discussion on another thread regarding this, if I locate it I'll link it
Indeed, read the post today and was totally unaware about not being able to get innodrive through FOD. I'm going to ask my dealer about that.

Jeke74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Carrera white 2021
Country flag

1613646497901.png

Up for debate:
- HUD

Sounds and Looks great!??

I was thinking also those Techart 22” wheels,but they were too expencive for me(11500e with tyres).

here is 2 pictures ,too low car for my taste,but nice wheels?.
Porsche Taycan Finally ordered my Taycan 964905A6-76B2-4BAA-B422-66A2F209CBF1
Porsche Taycan Finally ordered my Taycan FA82C56A-9FBB-44E5-909F-E26A633BE52A

OP
OP

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Sounds and Looks great!??

I was thinking also those Techart 22” wheels,but they were too expencive for me(11500e with tyres).

here is 2 pictures ,too low car for my taste,but nice wheels?.

Both pictures are in my library ;) . I agree, it stands too low.

Well they are expensive, but I started with the Mission E wheels. When I calculated these wheel, the discount en a refund on the factory wheels I could pursuade myself to buy them.

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Hi Dennis,

To your points:

Cheers
Love your choices, but think twice about HUD. What does it tell you that's not already right in front of you. It's not as developed a system as you get in other cars, and I think it's something you won't use much or at all.

I have a Turbo S and I never miss it. If anything it would be a distraction during spirited driving.

OP
OP

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Love your choices, but think twice about HUD. What does it tell you that's not already right in front of you. It's not as developed a system as you get in other cars, and I think it's something you won't use much or at all.

I have a Turbo S and I never miss it. If anything it would be a distraction during spirited driving.
Thanks for approving my choices.

I'm in the same boat. As I mentioned before in another thread; there are many displays in the Taycan with all the information you need, therefore I'm not sure if HUD is going to add much. That beeing said; I had HUD for the last 10-15 years in my BMW's and absolutely loved it, but in the Taycan I think it's overkill.

Above the the practical explanation, but I also love technical stuff, screens and innovative gadgets. Maybe I need to sleep another night about this;) .

BeTay22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW X5 while waiting for more high-power chargers
Country flag
Greetings from Belgium!

The HUD also changes (ruins) the lines of the dashboard. Consider that too before taking it.

As you don't take the glass roof, I think the nice Taycan roof line will look better in a lighter color.

You didn't spec the heat pump or the heat- and sound isolating windows. They may help reduce battery consumption, especially in winter when battery performance is already worse.

I see you didn't add anything for the backseat passengers, which is ok if you won't often have more than one passenger. My personal taste would be to leave out the privacy windows as well, because that's also only on the rear side windows.

I'm also personally not convinced by the lane change assist: if you set up the side mirrors correctly and look at them, you shouldn't have a dead spot. And if you don't look at the mirrors, you won't see the lane change warning either, I guess. It's not like the lane change assist would automatically change lanes for you in the same way as the lane keep assist automatically keeps a lane for you...

I see you specced the car in the Netherlands: are you going to buy it there and import it to Belgium? If so, what is the paperwork and cost involved? I am thinking about buying in Germany: one might hope for better factory support in case of problems when bypassing the Belgian distributor and it is somewhat cheaper as well.

OP
OP

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Greetings from Belgium!

The HUD also changes (ruins) the lines of the dashboard. Consider that too before taking it.

As you don't take the glass roof, I think the nice Taycan roof line will look better in a lighter color.

You didn't spec the heat pump or the heat- and sound isolating windows. They may help reduce battery consumption, especially in winter when battery performance is already worse.

I see you didn't add anything for the backseat passengers, which is ok if you won't often have more than one passenger. My personal taste would be to leave out the privacy windows as well, because that's also only on the rear side windows.

I'm also personally not convinced by the lane change assist: if you set up the side mirrors correctly and look at them, you shouldn't have a dead spot. And if you don't look at the mirrors, you won't see the lane change warning either, I guess. It's not like the lane change assist would automatically change lanes for you in the same way as the lane keep assist automatically keeps a lane for you...

I see you specced the car in the Netherlands: are you going to buy it there and import it to Belgium? If so, what is the paperwork and cost involved? I am thinking about buying in Germany: one might hope for better factory support in case of problems when bypassing the Belgian distributor and it is somewhat cheaper as well.
Hi fellow countrymen. Thanks for your insights.

I'm also not a big fan of the dashboard style with the hud, but could get over that if it really contributed.

I left out the panoramic roof for a couple of reasons:
- I prefer the look of the roof with the 2 humps, but like the black color.
- I love the alcantara roof lining
- Not a big fan of all the light and heat that is coming in
- Glass in the roof gives a lot of noise and reflects sound
- You don't notice it when you're in the front seat
- I ordered the Burmester set and acoustics is much better with roof lining.

The heat pump: If I was informed correctly the heat pump is only/most efficient when temperatures are below -20 degrees. And all the hardware is present in the car, so it should be accessible through FOD.

I debated about the privacy glass a long time, but decided to like the contrast of the black windows, black gloss painted parts and gloss black wheels to the color of the car. I don't like the seperation of color between the front and rear windows, but you have to make a decision at one point. No further extras in the rear, because I'm not going to sit there.

I took lane change assist, because it's needed with Innodrive. This should be available with FOD, but recently discovered it's not in another thread.

I'm not at all concerned about buying in the Netherlands. I'm familiar with the car business and the Porsche dealer I bought it has a superb reputation and is the biggest one in the Netherlands. They also do a lot of business with a acquaintance of mine. Absolutely no problems with warranty, pick up en return in a closed trailer and a lot of Belgium customers. I bought from the owner himself, great guy and got a serious discount. (no extra costs for import, they do it all the time.)
Sponsored