First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Sport PCM: sport drive mode
Sport PASM: sport suspension mode. (normal, sport, sport+)
Sorry to be so dense, but I'm still not getting it. What is the true difference in how the car responds? I get sport suspension, what does "sport drive" do? Thanks.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Sorry to be so dense, but I'm still not getting it. What is the true difference in how the car responds? I get sport suspension, what does "sport drive" do? Thanks.
Normal drive mode: trans will shift into 2nd gear abut ~50mph.
Sport drive mode: trans will keep 1st gear longer for increased throttle response. (~80mph shift)
Other sport engagements similar to other Porsche models (throttle response, etc..)

https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/taycan/taycan-models/taycan/

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
@wurzitup
Wow. can you elaborate on the details?

I'm in the Bay Area and my dealer is quoting me $3792 for 5 years. PPP Platinum.

I want to get your price. That's a huge difference. Not sure if there's that much of a difference between sedan and CT.

Thanks.

-ThinkMac-
I paid $2593.00 for tire and wheel in FL for 6 years.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I've been very curious about difference between "sport mode" in PCM and PASM. Can you elaborate?
See XLR82XS response. Basically its changing how the car reacts. Each mode has a different goal. For example: Eco to save battery (reduces AC/heat).

I set my car in the most sporty aggressive throttle suspension etc. which immediately reduces my cars range by a few miles.

ladylow87

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Very much enjoyed your post! I'm a Felicity Ace-r, so I'm just enjoying every else enjoying their not melted Taycans for now! I've already learned a lot and have several options to discuss with my SA if we are allowed mods (which is sounds like we will be). Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
DACSarasota

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Very much enjoyed your post! I'm a Felicity Ace-r, so I'm just enjoying every else enjoying their not melted Taycans for now! I've already learned a lot and have several options to discuss with my SA if we are allowed mods (which is sounds like we will be). Thanks for sharing!
Hope it was helpful.

A Felicity Ace-r....oh gosh. You are the first I heard from. I tried to avoid the posts from fear of fear of depression. Hopefully they will get you a replacement as soon as possible, and one day soon you and the other Acer's can meet up for a drink and a road trip (not necessarily in that order). Bonded for life!

ladylow87

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Hope it was helpful.

A Felicity Ace-r....oh gosh. You are the first I heard from. I tried to avoid the posts from fear of fear of depression. Hopefully they will get you a replacement as soon as possible, and one day soon you and the other Acer's can meet up for a drink and a road trip (not necessarily in that order). Bonded for life!
"Welcome to the 'Your 100K+ Car Melted in the Middle of the Atlantic' club! Here's your t-shirt. Don't mind the slight burnt plastic smell."

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
Oh wait, cant we keep the car remember SPORTS PLUS MODE ALWAYS ON and ELECTRIC SOUND ALWAYS ON on my profile ?

I dont want to switch things manually everytime, I get inside the car.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Oh wait, cant we keep the car remember SPORTS PLUS MODE ALWAYS ON and ELECTRIC SOUND ALWAYS ON on my profile ?

I dont want to switch things manually everytime, I get inside the car.
you hit on one of my pet-peeves. No, my understanding is you need to turn them on manually each time, at least the sound feature (which I didn't purchase). What I love is the auto-regen feature. Its one of my favorite features of the whole car b/c it allows you to coast but will slow the car as you approach traffic. Its an incredible feature but you need to turn it on every time you get on the road.

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Isn't the car having the creep/hold/roll mode like the teslas ?

Im used to the Tesla now, with hold on, so the car stops to 0, the moment I lift my foot from the accelerator.

OP
OP
DACSarasota

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just learned about HOLD mode this week. A friennd told me. Had no idea it was there or how to activate it. Gamechanger!

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Country flag
where did you find that option ?
Screenshot please