Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Porsche Taycan First 1500 km in the RWD PB+ Taycan IMG_1333.PNG
Porsche Taycan First 1500 km in the RWD PB+ Taycan IMG_1354.PNG

This is my experience with RWD PB+ after 1500 km / 11 days.

To keep it short and useful, my general consumption is 20-24 kW/100km depending on driving style, not speed. I feel like this car likes to sit at 120-140 km/h with 22 kW/100km consumption and yet showing me ranges of 420 km on these cold days (0* C) which seems reliable (with battery temp >15*C), after 350 km still showing me 57 km car on NORMAL mode with everything on.

Keep in mind that the battery had started with >15* C.

When the battery is really cold (0-5* C), range drops significantly. From ~400km down to 300km easily. This morning I started with 65% and showing me 240km of range with 5* C temp of battery. If you have a garage, I highly suggest you park it there, it wil help with range because it's not wasting energy on getting the battery at normal temp. Also, I found out that driving it spiritedly on SPORT PLUS really helps. Or you can enter in the PCM the nearest fast charger.

PCM Navigation is really good in my opinion. It shows ±1% estimated range figures, useful to have it in the instrument cluster.

About the car, I won't waste time telling you that is amazing. My Porsche app works fine for preheating, showing charging, but I can't get the profiles to work. It pauses and never starts, and when it eventually starts it's giving me the good ol' "charging error". Any tips on that?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Congratulations on your new ride!

Do you mean that when leaving with a cold battery, the range will increase when driving in sport plus for some time because it is warming up the battery. and alternatively put a close by SC in navigation.

Any indications on how long it takes to warm it up?

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Congratulations on your new ride!

Do you mean that when leaving with a cold battery, the range will increase when driving in sport plus for some time because it is warming up the battery. and alternatively put a close by SC in navigation.

Any indications on how long it takes to warm it up?
Thank you! I am not sure about the exact time, but I looked after 25-30 min or so and the battery was at 17*C when driving in SPORT PLUS. Might be faster than that. Also consumption will be >30-35kW/100km and then tapers down.

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
IMG_1333.PNG
IMG_1354.PNG

This is my experience with RWD PB+ after 1500 km / 11 days.

To keep it short and useful, my general consumption is 20-24 kW/100km depending on driving style, not speed. I feel like this car likes to sit at 120-140 km/h with 22 kW/100km consumption and yet showing me ranges of 420 km on these cold days (0* C) which seems reliable (with battery temp >15*C), after 350 km still showing me 57 km car on NORMAL mode with everything on.

Keep in mind that the battery had started with >15* C.

When the battery is really cold (0-5* C), range drops significantly. From ~400km down to 300km easily. This morning I started with 65% and showing me 240km of range with 5* C temp of battery. If you have a garage, I highly suggest you park it there, it wil help with range because it's not wasting energy on getting the battery at normal temp. Also, I found out that driving it spiritedly on SPORT PLUS really helps. Or you can enter in the PCM the nearest fast charger.

PCM Navigation is really good in my opinion. It shows ±1% estimated range figures, useful to have it in the instrument cluster.

About the car, I won't waste time telling you that is amazing. My Porsche app works fine for preheating, showing charging, but I can't get the profiles to work. It pauses and never starts, and when it eventually starts it's giving me the good ol' "charging error". Any tips on that?
I recommend to have the Taycan on grid over night, activate the pre heating profile in your PCM for the desired take off time and then the battery is heated to approx 30degC. The consumption will be much better.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
I recommend to have the Taycan on grid over night, activate the pre heating profile in your PCM for the desired take off time and then the battery is heated to approx 30degC. The consumption will be much better.
On grid meaning being on a 220V charge?