bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you see plug and charge option in your PCM? My 22 CT4 does not list the option for some odd reason. I plan to try and charge at EA station to see what happens
Charging, then hit the 3 dots in lower right corner. Should bring up the box to check/enable plug and charge.
Sponsored

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You also have to enable plug n' charge on the Charging app.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did click the three dots and dont see that option.
Best to call or visit your dealer then & have them reset your info as that options screen s/b there in the Charging icon. As to the post from @chenner, check the Porsche Connect app and see if plug and charge is set there tho I am pretty sure it would need to be enabled in the car pcm as well.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Best to call or visit your dealer then & have them reset your info as that options screen s/b there in the Charging icon. As to the post from @chenner, check the Porsche Connect app and see if plug and charge is set there tho I am pretty sure it would need to be enabled in the car pcm as well.
This is correct. There was also somewhere in the PCM where I had to enable "Plug n' Charge" to get it to work.

So one in the PCM and one in the Charging app (to ensure that the station allows for PnC).

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Charging NA

Porsche Taycan First charging experience with 2022 Taycan at EA EA
Thanks all. I have enabled the plug and charge in the charging app. I dont see the option in PCM. I have pinged my SA again. I have also opened a case with Porsche customer service. appreciate the support here!

DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
I am vacationing in the California Desert in the La Quinta (Palm Springs Area). Drove my 2021 4S on the back roads over the mountains....Extremely impressed by the estimate of battery percentage....At 4,000 feet I had 49% battery as was 40 miles from destination. Navigation system predicted 50% range at destination.....sure enough the regeneration gave an additional 4% and we arrived with exactly 50% battery.

Went to an Electrify America America in Palm Desert, plugged in and charged up to 98% in 20 minutes without incident. The display registered $24.00 charge but when I called EA they informed me that charging was free for the holidays....Excellent experience overall.

Buck

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, that is incredible! Have you tried a reboot of the pcm? You might also check the box for battery friendly quick charging and see if that brings up the other box for plug and charge.
Sponsored