First GTS for sale on Autotrader

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
I won't lie - I've thought about selling my GTS before even driving it given the premium that I can get. I see one posted in Canada already for $240k CAD (about a 25% premium over MSRP - I'm guessing the options on it based on the listing)

Is it worth flipping and moving to Taycan Turbo S or even a 911 (GTS or turbo)?
Sponsored

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
I won't lie - I've thought about selling my GTS before even driving it given the premium that I can get. I see one posted in Canada already for $240k CAD (about a 25% premium over MSRP - I'm guessing the options on it based on the listing)

Is it worth flipping and moving to Taycan Turbo S or even a 911 (GTS or turbo)?
Had the same thought...

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
With all the waiting I had, I don’t want to move into a longer waiting game. I wouldn’t want to go for the turbo s even if I have the money…and the wait time for 911 is just crazy.

Life is too short and unpredictable. Enjoy our cars! Money can be made elsewhere.

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With all the waiting I had, I don’t want to move into a longer waiting game. I wouldn’t want to go for the turbo s even if I have the money…and the wait time for 911 is just crazy.

Life is too short and unpredictable. Enjoy our cars! Money can be made elsewhere.
This is very true too. I still haven't driven my GTS; when I do, this thought will probably disappear immediately. I do worry about software bugs though.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I would think if it's something you are thinking of doing, the window of opportunity is gong to be short lived.

The way the world economy is going, many people are going to stop buying new cars for large premiums very, very soon.

The luxury watch market has plummeted in the last couple of weeks and Crypto is getting battered today (as people worldwide rush to the exit due to cost of living worries).

All the hyped assets post Covid (bubbles) seem to be affected now.
As they always say..... the best cure for high prices is high prices.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag

Normally I agree with you, but I lucked into a 911 GTS Cab allocation last week with a December delivery. The Taycan isn't going anywhere but that 911 may just end up being a flip.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I would think if it's something you are thinking of doing, the window of opportunity is gong to be short lived.

The way the world economy is going, many people are going to stop buying new cars for large premiums very, very soon.

The luxury watch market has plummeted in the last couple of weeks and Crypto is getting battered today (as people worldwide rush to the exit due to cost of living worries).

All the hyped assets post Covid (bubbles) seem to be affected now.
As they always say..... the best cure for high prices is high prices.
I was about to write exactly this.

In fact, I was looking at buying (cash) an interim company car, either Cupra Born, Ioniq 5, or BMW i40 M Sport (my preference) to tide me over until the Taycan arrives presumably summer next year.

In little under two weeks, I've done a 180. With recession inevitable and prices of assets and high ticket items falling, this seems foolish now.

Second hand car prices will plummet as demand will tank. You will get great deals on new cars, further reducing the value of second hand cars. Where this recession will get nasty, I could play a nice game with Porsche and threaten to cancel my order, in the expectation they desperately offer me a discount. Could work out nicely.

That aside, I am now back to deciding what I should rent instead, unless BMW can provide a 12 month buy back clause or a favourable 12 month lease deal.

The property market (UK) is also on the precipice of a crash. I have a tool to see price reductions on Rightmove. Two in five <£500k properties are discounted, some in less than a week of being listed, averaging around 10%.

This will snowball as vendors realise what is going on and there is a stampede for the exit...

The crash will come from speculators, not necessarily home owners this time. I am seeing many properties purchased in 2021 being flipped and now at a loss once stamp duty has been paid. Oops.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag

In fact, I was looking at buying (cash) an interim company car, either Cupra Born, Ioniq 5, or BMW i40 M Sport (my preference) to tide me over until the Taycan arrives presumably summer next year.

In little under two weeks, I've done a 180. With recession inevitable and prices of assets and high ticket items falling, this seems foolish now.

Second hand car prices will plummet as demand will tank. You will get great deals on new cars, further reducing the value of second hand cars. Where this recession will get nasty, I could play a nice game with Porsche and threaten to cancel my order, in the expectation they desperately offer me a discount. Could work out nicely.

That aside, I am now back to deciding what I should rent instead, unless BMW can provide a 12 month buy back clause or a favourable 12 month lease deal.

The property market (UK) is also on the precipice of a crash. I have a tool to see price reductions on Rightmove. Two in five <£500k properties are discounted, some in less than a week of being listed, averaging around 10%.

This will snowball as vendors realise what is going on and there is a stampede for the exit...

The crash will come from speculators, not necessarily home owners this time. I am seeing many properties purchased in 2021 being flipped and now at a loss once stamp duty has been paid. Oops.
You're upbeat then!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You're upbeat then!
Ha - I am a very positive person, but I am also realistic. Being realistic means sometimes saying negative things.

Unfortunately the gravity of the economic situation, which really goes back to WWII, has been getting ever worse each decade since with terrible government/central bank policy and outright corruption.

We are about to live through the crescendo of all of this, but on the positive, the growth we will see in 2-3 years time should last some time. I just hope we all maintain our health and our wealth, because the other side of this will be an economic "spring" again, possibly even a more equitable and transparent financial system.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I just flipped my 911 turbo S cab (2021) for a 50k profit after 15 months of ownership. I think the end of these prices is near as well so better act fast. Granted I sold my car now as my f8 (last allocation my dealer had) just hit production and thankfully all new cars have to be sold at MSRP so the price difference was only about 50k. Generally I would
Have waited until the f8 arrived but my Taycan Turbo S will keep me occupied for the summer and I figured prices will start falling on cars soon (probably fall)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

Its remarkable how quickly the luxury watch market has also come to a grinding halt, then gone into reverse.

Speculators again running for the door.

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a feeling this thread would get some intelligent opinions on the overall market - very much appreciate the insight.

I can't agree more that a recession is coming and these good times for speculators are coming to an end. With that said, it sounds like if I want to flip my GTS it's now or never. I get it this Friday from the PPF shop; will see how addicted I am to it after the drive home 😊

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a feeling this thread would get some intelligent opinions on the overall market - very much appreciate the insight.

I can't agree more that a recession is coming and these good times for speculators are coming to an end. With that said, it sounds like if I want to flip my GTS it's now or never. I get it this Friday from the PPF shop; will see how addicted I am to it after the drive home 😊
If you aren't short for money, then I would keep it. Ultimately, life is there for experiences and to be happy.

The car will make you happy and give you some great experiences.

Cash in the bank sat there awaiting a rainy day, there's no fun in that and nothing memorable about it either!

At worst, we will just see a return to the mean. That is your £125k GTS is worth just over £100k after two years vs the current market where it would be worth £130k.

Only car collectors buy cars to make a profit. Everyone else buys a car to drive it. And most modern Porsche models are not high up the list of car collectors. They're there to be driven. Hard. Because we enjoy driving.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Aren't you just going to be in the boat of paying a mark up for a Turbo and then waiting a year? If you in fact want another car?

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Aren't you just going to be in the boat of paying a mark up for a Turbo and then waiting a year? If you in fact want another car?
MSRP mark up is lower than the resale premium so I would be ahead but this is all assuming the dealer allows me to sell it and buy another car from them. Realistically, I will keep the car so long as there aren't any serious issues with the car.

In theory, if I do sell, I don't mind waiting a year or 18 months for a new car.
Sponsored