Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Collected my 4S CT on Friday, I placed the order and put the deposit down the day they announced the CT, order was placed at west London Porsche.

After much delays the car was finally here!

Here are some of my initial thoughts after driving over the last few days, didn’t get to do a proper drive yet, so this is mostly based on my city driving in London.

First,

REAR WHEEL STEERING! Boy oh boy am I stoked I didn’t give up on this option! My previous car was a 2018 Cayenne S, which it pretty much the same length and width as the Taycan. The difference in the city and in parking garages is astonishing! I want sure just how useful this would be to everyday driving! But I can tell you whole heartedly! Get it! Makes the car feel small, it’s pretty damn astonishing really.

Cross Turismo wheels. When I picked up my car there was another Dolomite silver waiting to be collected and it had the turbo S aero, I am soooo glad I didn’t go for those, don’t get me wrong, they are a nice wheel, but the cross Turismo wheel really does elevate the look of this car! If you are worried about the ride quality in 21s! Don’t be, this car glides over road imperfections, it’s actually pretty crazy how well this car drives on terrible London roads At least As smooth as my Cayenne, maybe even better….

Bose system, this was a hard one for me! I love listening to music and usually listen to it relatively loud, my Cayenne had the Burmester, and combined with Tidal audio I absolutely loved it! Def the best system I’ve owned (before that I had a bowers and Wilkins in my M5, and it too was a great system!again this is all relative to manufacture fitted sound systems) so I was worried going with the Bose. Playing Music through tidal with the Bose system, isn’t great, it actually makes the sound seem flatter, but with Spotify and Apple

Music, I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised! It’s not on par with the Burmester, but it is definitely acceptable and enjoyable.

Rear view/surround camera isn’t as bad as everyone made it out to be, I honestly don’t understand why people complain?! It does the job, that being said, BMWs system is light years away in quality and feature that’s for sure!!

I got Neodyme with the standard interior, again I was worried as my Cayenne was full leather, however I think the interior is fine, if I could I would of gone for the BlackBerry interior( long story short but due to insurance issues I had to stay under 100k budget, which is why I compromised on a lot of my original spec) I absolutely love the Neodyme it’s very subtle and really adds to the interior. Stoked on it!

Finally, charged for the first time today, used a BP pulse 50kw. Super easy and straightforward.

All in all, great start, and not disappointed with any of my spec, btw, didn’t go sport Chrono, and I don’t miss it at all.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Some more observations….

standard lights…. I don’t drive on dark country roads as I live in west London however I can definitely tell a massive difference from the Matrix lights I had in the Cayenne. The LED light are still very good, but I can definitely see a difference in light projection (distance and over all light ) it is not a big deal at all obviously as like I said, I don’t drive down dark country roads, just an observation.
Charged the car 3 times so far, twice at a BP pulse charger, super easy, although the first time I couldn’t stop the cahrger(I was using the app) so had to call, service was fast an efficient, took 3-4 min including wait time.(both time charged from %50 to %98-100) just left the car while I did my thing, so was super convenient and cost around £11. Third charge was at west London Porsche, charged from %30-%99 took about 45 min and it was charging at around 105 kw on average, now that was “expensive” the invoice showd £46 but not sure if that’s before discount or not. Anyway, regardless was super easy peasy, talked to my sales guy and looked at cars while I waited…. So far so good! 250 miles and I’m loving the car! Not getting great mileages, but it’s to be expected as I’m enjoying the car ;) hahaha
Had a few tiny glitches, dipped beams seemed to convert without me doing anything a couple of times….. pcm went black for a few seconds, I pressed it and it went back, I think it might of been more of an Apple play issue.
So yeah, I have to say, I definitely rate this car! Probably my favorite car I’ve owned so far(my last few cars have been Audi s4,RS6, M5 and Cayenne S)