Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
So, nothing serious, but 3 sets of warming lights today. It was a frosty morning, and I’d left the car outside last night.

Used pre heat to warm car up and it did this very well.

Got in and drive off and got, various dash warnings. Cameras not working, brake assist not working, headlight fault. Carried on driving to destination and all gone when re started.

What do we think, a frost sensor of some description?

Porsche Taycan First lot of dash warning lights today. 5-BA72762-A901-4084-BCE7-CED052-AC1-B95

Porsche Taycan First lot of dash warning lights today. 7-DCD385-C-F854-40-F3-BD8-A-F7413-C402-C23

Porsche Taycan First lot of dash warning lights today. BE397559-A65-C-4085-80-DA-D4-B8-E3-C0195-F

Still managed my essential trip to wickes to get some cheap patio slabs as the bunny run had become a muddy mess!

Porsche Taycan First lot of dash warning lights today. CFDEC7-B7-2-D91-4872-953-C-CF9-C1-BBD5236

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Forgot to add, car wasn’t dirty at all.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I got the sensor dirty warning too this morning. Very frosty here so assumed it was ice or something similar obstructing the sensor. Went away whilst driving.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I got the sensor dirty warning too this morning. Very frosty here so assumed it was ice or something similar obstructing the sensor. Went away whilst driving.
Did you get all 3? Which sensor would you think feeds this?

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the warn & brake assist message. I’m sure it’s linked to the adaptive cruise sensor but don’t quote me on that.
Definitely frost being the culprit in my case.

I had a Cayenne turbo that used to hate inclement weather & would throw a fit in heavy rain, amongst other of mother nature’s nasties. The Taycan has nowhere near that level of sensitivity...... Yet.
Fingers crossed emoji to be inserted here.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I got the warn & brake assist message. I’m sure it’s linked to the adaptive cruise sensor but don’t quote me on that.
Definitely frost being the culprit in my case.

I had a Cayenne turbo that used to hate inclement weather & would throw a fit in heavy rain, amongst other of mother nature’s nasties. The Taycan has nowhere near that level of sensitivity...... Yet.
Fingers crossed emoji to be inserted here.
Don’t think I have adaptive cruise so think it’s ruled out anyway.

Hope it’s not a too regular thing them all coming on in cold weather!

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don’t think I have adaptive cruise so think it’s ruled out anyway.

Hope it’s not a too regular thing them all coming on in cold weather!
It’ll be okay once the engine warms them up.
Oh, wait .... :)

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Clean your window.
Sensor in the windshield is probably obstructed by frost or damp.
Your car is kinda "blind"...

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Clean your window.
Sensor in the windshield is probably obstructed by frost or damp.
Your car is kinda "blind"...
windows were perfectly clear and clean. Had been on pre heat and nicely defrosted screens all round.

Reactions: Dee

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
So, nothing serious, but 3 sets of warming lights today. It was a frosty morning, and I’d left the car outside last night.

Used pre heat to warm car up and it did this very well.

Got in and drive off and got, various dash warnings. Cameras not working, brake assist not working, headlight fault. Carried on driving to destination and all gone when re started.

What do we think, a frost sensor of some description?

Still managed my essential trip to wickes to get some cheap patio slabs as the bunny run had become a muddy mess!
I experience all of those messages quite a lot and have done since bought the car. Even when spotlessly clean. I believe that the sensor (up by the rear view mirror) is one of the last parts of the windscreen to demist and that is what causes it. When my car is warmed up and dry It doesn't happen. Next time it happens, get out and inspect the centre of the windscreen, I suspect you will find condensation on the sensor window.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I experience all of those messages quite a lot and have done since bought the car. Even when spotlessly clean. I believe that the sensor (up by the rear view mirror) is one of the last parts of the windscreen to demist and that is what causes it. When my car is warmed up and dry It doesn't happen. Next time it happens, get out and inspect the centre of the windscreen, I suspect you will find condensation on the sensor window.
Will do. Not great if it is this though as loads of cars have sensors here and no issues. Bit odd if so.

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
Get those messages all the time. Just ice, damp & dirt. You should try driving up here for a few weeks ?

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
I had the sensor warning this morning followed by the same 3 warnings this afternoon - emergency brakes failure, automatic dip beam failure and one other

this followed a red - engine failure - pull over when safe and shut down warning, that was a week ago - AA came out, had no equipment to check problem and just said drive it home - hopefully it’s ok

cars fabulous - but warning alerts are distracting
Sponsored