whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I don’t know how would Siri change your phone usage…but “she” can assist you…or not, if you are not going to call “hey Siri”…
It's just another device listening to everything in its vicinity 24/7 (while draining its battery). Also, it sucks when you happen to talk to someone name Sarah, as Siri and Sarah evidently sound the same to an iPhone, at least for my wife (who does have have Siri enabled on the phone). It's gotten better over the years (unlike me, my wife has been an Apple user for years) but it still enables itself for no reason from time to time.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Well, back in 2008, i had “juke-box’ in my Navara, so i can store six CD’s and than rotate them, but if i wanted to listen the same cd at home, i had to go backtothe car….. and my last car was even without cd player.
I was using usb sticks….but it takes time to prepare playlists….similar to make mp3 and handle them on iphone….until i started to use AppleMusic.
No concerns, no problems anymore….just “hey Siri, play….”

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I usually prefer the silence when driving - this is one of the main selling points of an EV for me (and a reason why I speced the noise insulated glass in my Taycan build).
Me too.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well the failure of the key fob to unlock the passenger side doors has persisted now.
I can open them from inside by leaning over in the 50 year old way, so I can carry a front seat passenger.
The door handles on the passenger side don’t seem as perfectly flush fitting as the driver’s side.
Ironically the car hasn’t done 100 miles and nobody other than me and my dog has been in it yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was using usb sticks….but it takes time to prepare playlists….similar to make mp3 and handle them on iphone….until i started to use AppleMusic.
No concerns, no problems anymore….just “hey Siri, play….”
I have a stick with a lot of music on it but I admit it is clunky to navigate around
OTOH there was no way I could get Apple Music to play some of my favourite music which are 3 movements in sequence which it thinks are individual songs.

It is not just Apple though, classical music has such a tiny user base and so few who are knowledgeable pretty well none of the streaming services are any use.

Apple did buy one of those which were supposed to be classical orientated and said it would be integrated into Apple Music but either they haven’t or f*cked up the integration…

Last edited:

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
Well the failure of the key fob to unlock the passenger side doors has persisted now.
I can open them from inside by leaning over in the 50 year old way, so I can carry a front seat passenger.
The door handles on the passenger side don’t seem as perfectly flush fitting as the driver’s side.
Ironically the car hasn’t done 100 miles and nobody other than me and my dog has been in it yet.
Morning @f1eng , did you get any feedback or assistance from Porsche/your dealer on the locking issue?

PS - great looking car - the best colour 👍

PPS - classy profile photo. I am not too hot on my F1 but is that Frank Williams/Mansell?

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Morning @f1eng , did you get any feedback or assistance from Porsche/your dealer on the locking issue?

PS - great looking car - the best colour 👍

PPS - classy profile photo. I am not too hot on my F1 but is that Frank Williams/Mansell?
I actually resolved the locking question using the PCM myself following advice here that there were a lot of programmable options - it turned out to be set to only unlock the driver's side, probably safer in cities where hijacking is a possibility!
The profile picture is Frank with Keke Rosberg (1982 world champion) and myself having a laugh over something. Fun days.

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
I actually resolved the locking question using the PCM myself following advice here that there were a lot of programmable options - it turned out to be set to only unlock the driver's side, probably safer in cities where hijacking is a possibility!
The profile picture is Frank with Keke Rosberg (1982 world champion) and myself having a laugh over something. Fun days.
Sounds like a result on the locking. I'll make sure to get into that aspect with mine when I get it (hopefully next week). Great photo, he was some man, I read that he conducted business from a phone box when trying to get his company off the ground. It must have been a great experience to know him. I only found out a few weeks ago that he was born in my home town of south shields.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great photo, he was some man, I read that he conducted business from a phone box when trying to get his company off the ground. It must have been a great experience to know him. I only found out a few weeks ago that he was born in my home town of south shields.
I met Frank in 1975 when doing some data analysis work for a friend he had just hired.
He became one of my best mates.
He did indeed conduct the early days of Frank Williams Racing Cars from a phone box, the number of which he had on his business card. He parked outside it with his window open and hopped out to answer if it rang.
When I joined Williams GP Engineering at the end of 1978 there was no guarantee it would survive, few teams lasted long, but after winning races in 1979 and the championship in 1980 we became an established team.
It was on the way back from a test I was running in France he had the car accident which left him quadriplegic, he wasn’t expected to survive. He is buried less than 2 miles from here, so I can still visit :crying:
Sponsored