John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well!

I am about to order my first Porsche, I was just keen to understand a few things in regards to the finance and my spec!

I will be going PCP through my limited company, I am looking at putting £10K or £15K down with 8000 miles per year over 48 months, what prices do you think I can get the dealer to? They are currently quoting me about £1.7K a month for £15K in and £1.5K a month with £20K in, although I am hesitant to go that high on deposit as it is just tied up cash.

This is the spec I am looking at: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMY6TW69

I also am tied up between going with Red Bordeaux/black Leather or Crayon/White and black leather, any thoughts?

Also is there anything you think I should take off as you wouldn't recommend or the opposite, anything I haven't added that you would recommend?

What are your thoughts on both of the above / your experiences?

Thanks in advance :)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

MU-JP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, and ye that sounds about right, do you know the APR on that?

Yes I would agree, it is very specced up, although it is hard not to go crazy on the configurator aha! This is the top top spec I would go with so I would happily knock a few things off to get the price down!

Very nice spec, the green looks great in person! :)

pmanson

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S (on order)
Country flag
I'll dig out the paperwork and find out out for you.

Subjectively if the company can afford it and its the spec you want go for it

OP
OP

MU-JP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I'll dig out the paperwork and find out out for you.

Subjectively if the company can afford it and its the spec you want go for it
Cheers Phil let me know and it all depends on monthlies really as don't want to over pressure things, I am happy to be flexible on spec, is there anything I ticked that you think is slightly pointless? Spec are obviously personal preference so everyone is different

pmanson

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S (on order)
Country flag
Personal preference but having driven a 4s with the standard seats I dropped the 18 way and went with the standard ones.

Standard brakes were very good so i'd probably drop the PCCB.
Front seats are heated as standard so you could drop the heated front/rear
DC charger I dropped (unless you're planning lots of trips to Europe that seemed to be the recommendation)
According my dealer the front passenger display is a rarely spec'd option and apparently the passenger display can't access Apple music
Heads up Display - i've got this in my current car and it wouldn't be a deal breaker if it wasn't in the taycan (so i didn't spec it)
You've got a lot of carbon on it - you could probably save £10k alone just by dropping so of those bits.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
What APR are Porsche quoting?
They offered me 7.1% (ouch!) but got them down to 6.5%. This was October 2020.
I was due to pay around £1400/month with £15K down from memory, but in the end I put down a very high deposit to bring it down to £400/month.
I think if you check other threads on here there are other companies (e.g. Lombard Finance) offering MUCH lower APR, but also lower residuals. Might be worth a look though.
Also, with near £50K of options on a 4S have you considered a Turbo instead? Many more base options included plus the residual is higher. For me with a lightly-optioned 4S, the Turbo was only £100/month more.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well!

I am about to order my first Porsche, I was just keen to understand a few things in regards to the finance and my spec!

I will be going PCP through my limited company, I am looking at putting £10K or £15K down with 8000 miles per year over 48 months, what prices do you think I can get the dealer to? They are currently quoting me about £1.7K a month for £15K in and £1.5K a month with £20K in, although I am hesitant to go that high on deposit as it is just tied up cash.

I also am tied up between going with Red Bordeaux/black Leather or Crayon/White and black leather, any thoughts?

Also is there anything you think I should take off as you wouldn't recommend or the opposite, anything I haven't added that you would recommend?

Morning John,
Incredibly high spec.
Opinion from my own car would not have the following:
Passenger display
Adaptive Sport Seats 18 way
Should consider though:
Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass
Public Charging Cable(Mode 3)
Finance as I have quoted in previous posts, got mine through Lombard at 3.47% APR over 3 years.
Thanks,

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car is quite similar to your spec. Personally I would not add the yellow brakes and passenger display. Maybe the logos on all 4 headrests and armrest too much? I thought I wanted the Porsche clock but in Australia this is really expensive (2250 pounds) and I think you would be better colour coding the standard sport chrono 'clock' with your interior (red or white). I have the crayon/black and I thinks looks really good, but I also looked at a silver car with the red/black and was surprised how much I liked it. The Crayon has a beige hue to it and I am not sure the red would go as well.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well!

Porsche finance rate is typically 5.9% APR.

Apologies in advance (car specs are very personal I know) but...
  1. Bordeaux red / black doesn't look good in the flesh (ensure you see a sample in a Taycan or other Porsche (its the same). Personal choice but the red is too bright (not subdued).
  2. Crayon - meh
  3. Carbon anything - really expensive for what it is
  4. Why have model designation in matt black and the window surrounds in gloss - stick to gloss if you want black?
  5. Sports Chrono - the design clock is underwhelming and over priced
  6. PCCB brakes - OTT (if this is your first Porsche) and you won't derive any benefit over the std brakes.
  7. Matrix STD - why pay more for black bits (they are already dark)?
  8. Rear light strip - keep to standard - looks much better
  9. Ioniser - pointless
  10. Crest on centre console - meh
  11. Passenger display - pointless
  12. Burmester - OTT - Bose is more than good enough (try it)
  13. PMCC (Mobile Charger Connect) rather than standard charger should be considered but not essential - depends on what electrical supply you plan on at home
  14. Public Charging Cable (mode 3) - not all public chargers are 'tethered'
  15. Check charging cables in general
  16. Black door sill inserts (better than brushed aluminium)
  17. Sport design package in general is OTT - doesn't really enhance the overall look. If you must, add side skirts but as they're not fully colour coded I wouldn't
  18. Race-Tex - 50 / 50 on this - leather has a nice feel to it
  19. InnoDrive with ACC - how often do you need this feature? Perhaps ACC on its own and add / try before you buy InnoDrive later (Function on Demand (FoD)).
Some pricey (unnecessary) options and I think you could easily pare back. If you must have the Mission E wheels (kerb-city disaster and not easy to repair so watch out) then PSCB will enable and save £4K in the process.

Rear axle steering - worthy of inclusion.

PTV Plus - worth of inclusion.

Auto dimming exterior and interior mirrors - a must

To spend 58% of a car's value on options makes no sense (sorry) as your deprecation is based on the standard car with an allowance for certain extras.

Better idea would be a) scale back the options and keep to around £105K to £110K on a 4S, or b) look at the Turbo which has several of the extras as standard and lightly add options.

OP
OP

MU-JP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Hi All,

Really appreciate all the feedback I am going to refine my spec, there was some thing I didn’t know such as front heated seats!

Also I will try the finance company recommended!

OP
OP

MU-JP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Morning John,
Incredibly high spec.
Opinion from my own car would not have the following:
Passenger display
Adaptive Sport Seats 18 way
Should consider though:
Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass
Public Charging Cable(Mode 3)
Finance as I have quoted in previous posts, got mine through Lombard at 3.47% APR over 3 years.
Thanks,

Hi,

Was this a PCP or HP deal?

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Obviously it's your money and if you feel it's managable then go for it but £48k in options :eek:. You could buy a second car for less.
Just to give you another option. Have you considered a Turbo S?
This is my preliminary build
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMSQPXD0
No Sports design kit and less driving aids but PCP is £20k down, 4 year term, 6000 miles, £1423 per month with Porsche.

Cross turismo with same spec works out more or less the same.
Sponsored