First Porsche - Order to Delivery Journal

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Being a regular visitor to the site I read plenty of posts relating to delays so I thought it would be good to show exactly how it planned out for my purchase and what the dealer has been saying along the way.

I placed an order for a CT4S back in April (2022) and the SA advised me that it will be a Feb delivery for March 23 registration which is perfect for here in the UK. He said at that time the order book was mostly on schedule but some deliveries have been around a month late.

Last week I went into the dealership for an update and the SA tells me orders are currently coming in on schedule and that my car will be ordered with the factory in November... he went on to say our next meeting will be to lock in.

I will keep this thread updated until delivery. For anyone interested in the spec please see code PPYHFKQ1 and feel free to critique.
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Being a regular visitor to the site I read plenty of posts relating to delays so I thought it would be good to show exactly how it planned out for my purchase and what the dealer has been saying along the way.

I placed an order for a CT4S back in April (2022) and the SA advised me that it will be a Feb delivery for March 23 registration which is perfect for here in the UK. He said at that time the order book was mostly on schedule but some deliveries have been around a month late.

Last week I went into the dealership for an update and the SA tells me orders are currently coming in on schedule and that my car will be ordered with the factory in November... he went on to say our next meeting will be to lock in.

I will keep this thread updated until delivery. For anyone interested in the spec please see code PPYHFKQ1 and feel free to critique.
Sounds promising and hope it works out.

In terms of spec there are a couple of things which personally I would add / remove

Add:
- Matrix lights
- Lane Change Assist (there is a bad blind spot which once you find it you'll be on your guard)
- Comfort Access (more useful than I thought especially with the boot foot gesture opening)
- Steering wheel heating
- Seat belts in Crayon
- B Pillars in Race-Tex (plastic trim easily scores otherwise)
- Door sill guards in black brush aluminium (free, silver otherwise and visible from inside the car)
- 150 kw DC Converter (BP Pulse stations, Tesla Superchargers, others are 400V rather than 800V so without this you would be limited to 50kW DC charging)
- 7.5m EVSE (PMC) to car cable (standard is 4.5m which may be too short)

Drop:
- PDCC (PTV+ you'll get a clear benefit but less so with PDCC unless you drive on the limit most days (country roads)
- Passenger display (limited day-to-day use)
- Painted door handles
- Offroad design kit (plastic city (sorry)) unless you need the additional 10mm clearance
- Sport Sound (tiring after a while, I never use mine now)
- 4 + 1 (unless you have small kids), car is a 2+2 really
- Logo'd courtesy lights (why?)
- ACC
- Seat Heating Front & Rear (front is std and not really needed in the rear)

Finally colour - I really struggle with the basic choices and come and go with Carmine Red (sorry). Some days it looks good but others not and so lighting has a major impact. I've seen many (and other non-Taycan's) but apart from the photographs where it appears 'bright' it just doesn't work for me. I have the same struggle with my GTS order.

Frankhy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
Love the colour! I've ordered the same but in the sedan with Mission E wheels in painted black gloss. Build date of October and delivery hopefully December. Collecting in January 🤞

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Sounds promising and hope it works out.

In terms of spec there are a couple of things which personally I would add / remove
I really appreciate your feedback W1NGE, it's given plenty to think about and justify whether to add/keep/remove the options you've highlighted... I will make some changes, see below.

Add:
- Matrix lights - added
- Lane Change Assist - added
- Comfort Access - added
- Steering wheel heating - for some reason I couldn't add this originally so now added
- Seat belts in Crayon - yes! i'm seeing that! added
- B Pillars in Race-Tex - this won't let me add the B Pillars without the roof lining
- Door sill guards in black brush aluminium - added
- 150 kw DC Converter - added
- 7.5m EVSE (PMC) to car cable (standard is 4.5m which may be too short) - noted but assume I can buy this after market?

Drop:
- PDCC (PTV+ you'll get a clear benefit but less so with PDCC unless you drive on the limit most days (country roads) - i'll keep this option given my local road network ;)
- Passenger display (limited day-to-day use) - 50/50 on this
- Painted door handles - I like this option with the electric charging cover - keep
- Offroad design kit - i've seen with and without and I simply like the look of it - keep
- Sport Sound (tiring after a while, I never use mine now) - 50/50 on this
- 4 + 1 (unless you have small kids), car is a 2+2 really - need - keep
- Logo'd courtesy lights (why?) - 50/50 on this
- ACC - use this a lot on my RS6 - keep
- Seat Heating Front & Rear - removed

For the colour I see where you're coming from, until yesterday I hadn't seen a Taycan in Red... seeing it fly by me it totally confirmed my choice... weirdly though in the space of 5 minutes I saw black, crayon, beige ones also. Happy with this choice :)

Updated code: PPF1SIS8

Last edited:

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Love the colour! I've ordered the same but in the sedan with Mission E wheels in painted black gloss. Build date of October and delivery hopefully December. Collecting in January 🤞
Happy days... I hope there are no delays

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
As for W1NGE’s comment about ditching the 4+1 seats - they also give you a 40/20/40 split rather than the 60/40 split on the standard seats, so that may be of value to you (it was why I went for it in my CT4S), otherwise not much use as a 3rd seat - hard, narrow and quite high.

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
As for W1NGE’s comment about ditching the 4+1 seats - they also give you a 40/20/40 split rather than the 60/40 split on the standard seats, so that may be of value to you (it was why I went for it in my CT4S), otherwise not much use as a 3rd seat - hard, narrow and quite high.
Thanks for the info... I have 4 children I need to cart around from time to time so no option other than to take the 4+1

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I really appreciate your feedback W1NGE, it's given plenty to think about and justify whether to add/keep/remove the options you've highlighted... I will make some changes, see below.

Add:
- Matrix lights - added
- Lane Change Assist - added
- Comfort Access - added
- Steering wheel heating - for some reason I couldn't add this originally so now added
- Seat belts in Crayon - yes! i'm seeing that! added
- B Pillars in Race-Tex - this won't let me add the B Pillars without the roof lining
- Door sill guards in black brush aluminium - added
- 150 kw DC Converter - added
- 7.5m EVSE (PMC) to car cable (standard is 4.5m which may be too short) - noted but assume I can buy this after market?

Drop:
- PDCC (PTV+ you'll get a clear benefit but less so with PDCC unless you drive on the limit most days (country roads) - i'll keep this option given my local road network ;)
- Passenger display (limited day-to-day use) - 50/50 on this
- Painted door handles - I like this option with the electric charging cover - keep
- Offroad design kit - i've seen with and without and I simply like the look of it - keep
- Sport Sound (tiring after a while, I never use mine now) - 50/50 on this
- 4 + 1 (unless you have small kids), car is a 2+2 really - need - keep
- Logo'd courtesy lights (why?) - 50/50 on this
- ACC - use this a lot on my RS6 - keep
- Seat Heating Front & Rear - removed

For the colour I see where you're coming from, until yesterday I hadn't seen a Taycan in Red... seeing it fly by me it totally confirmed my choice... weirdly though in the space of 5 minutes I saw black, crayon, beige ones also. Happy with this choice :)

Updated code: PPF1SIS8
Forgot to mention the roof rails - in black they'll melt into the roof - add

You can source 3rd party cables / extensions but not certain than a replacement cable (non-Porsche) will fit the PMC+ / PMCC EVSE or indeed if PMC+ supports 'vehicle to car' replacement (it may be fixed).

PMCC - you can replace both supply and ' EVSE to car' cables (with correct connector)

Porsche Taycan First Porsche - Order to Delivery Journal 1663330539045

PMC+ - Not sure the same is true of the standard PMC+ (I have PMCC). Cable B (EVSE to car) looks to be permanently attached. An extension cable is the only possibility then.

Porsche Taycan First Porsche - Order to Delivery Journal 1663330585505

Race-tex - bummer - I can do it on my GTS ST spec but it already has the roof liner. Could source after purchase but would be a lot more expensive and a hassle to boot. I'm sure historically it could be added separately regardless of roof lining.

Porsche Crest - front and rear seats - front is enough IMHO.

Rear cycle prep - if resale is a consideration I'd probably add as the outdoors folk might come to expect it and may not be cheap to retro fit. Same holds true for the roof rails.

Pre-wiring for dashcam - £0 - add it.

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Forgot to mention the roof rails - in black they'll melt into the roof - add

You can source 3rd party cables / extensions but not certain than a replacement cable (non-Porsche) will fit the PMC+ / PMCC EVSE or indeed if PMC+ supports 'vehicle to car' replacement (it may be fixed).

PMCC - you can replace both supply and ' EVSE to car' cables (with correct connector)

1663330539045.png

PMC+ - Not sure the same is true of the standard PMC+ (I have PMCC). Cable B (EVSE to car) looks to be permanently attached. An extension cable is the only possibility then.

1663330585505.png

Race-tex - bummer - I can do it on my GTS ST spec but it already has the roof liner. Could source after purchase but would be a lot more expensive and a hassle to boot. I'm sure historically it could be added separately regardless of roof lining.

Porsche Crest - front and rear seats - front is enough IMHO.

Rear cycle prep - if resale is a consideration I'd probably add as the outdoors folk might come to expect it and may not be cheap to retro fit. Same holds true for the roof rails.

Pre-wiring for dashcam - £0 - add it.
I originally had the roof rails on but took them off, I thought it looked better without them... yes there's an element of resale consideration but in some cases it's going to be what I like the look of better. Maybe i'll see a few more in real life before making the final decision.

Noted on the cables.

I can't find the option for rear cycle prep so i'm not sure if it's standard?

Can't find the Pre-wiring for the dashcam either.

Budgets getting blown out of the water here 😅

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I originally had the roof rails on but took them off, I thought it looked better without them... yes there's an element of resale consideration but in some cases it's going to be what I like the look of better. Maybe i'll see a few more in real life before making the final decision.

Noted on the cables.

I can't find the option for rear cycle prep so i'm not sure if it's standard?

Can't find the Pre-wiring for the dashcam either.

Budgets getting blown out of the water here 😅
Your build is costing more than my GTS ST - time to ease back a little!

Porsche Taycan First Porsche - Order to Delivery Journal 1663334657769

Within Comfort & Assistance Systems

Porsche Taycan First Porsche - Order to Delivery Journal 1663334788722

Exterior

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Your build is costing more than my GTS ST - time to ease back a little!

1663334657769.png

Within Comfort & Assistance Systems

1663334788722.png

Exterior
Yep... I think you're right! £120,000 budget and now 2k over. I know some would say go for the ST GTS given the amount of spec i'm adding but 2 things... I genuinely prefer the look of the cladding and offroad package on the CT but also wasn't given a decent leadtime for the ST so ruled out pretty much straight away.

Found thank you, think i'd already ticked the bike prep... i've added the dash cam.

Appreciate your help.

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
For reference new code is: PPBDVGI9 without rails and PP95S992 with.

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Protecting my budget i've sold the RS6... the age and relatively good mileage on the car attracted some nice bids that I couldn't turn down. Owned for 2 and 1/2 years put 21k miles on it and didn't lose much at all.

I've got access to another car so not the end of the world until the Taycan comes. Plus we have a new Model Y being collected next week... our first EV.
Sponsored