First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th…

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
there is nothing about this that is an OTA update - it's a welcome improvement to the infrastructure - but is not a vehicle OTA update.

@Administrator the title of this thread is in-accurate - there is no OTA update here, but could represent a nice and welcome improvement to Porsche's vehicle connection services.
@Administrator : ignore request.

Read again:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/first-real-ota-update-for-the-taycan-2020-and-2021-happening-april-27th….10476/post-151225

What does your email say?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Your e-mail said: " Wij bereiden uw voertuig hierop voor door in de eerste stap een systeemaanpassing uit te voeren. " Could this " systeemaanpassing " not refer to the back-end server system which is being adapted to better work with your car? Honestly, it could be an OTA or it could not be, as far as I can tell. Will soon find out, I hope.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Your e-mail said: " Wij bereiden uw voertuig hierop voor door in de eerste stap een systeemaanpassing uit te voeren. " Could this " systeemaanpassing " not refer to the back-end server system which is being adapted to better work with your car? Honestly, it could be an OTA or it could not be, as far as I can tell. Will soon find out, I hope.
@daveo4EV is probably right, and this thread is whipping up too much anxiety IMO.

The (per translation) ‘system adjustment’ related to the system migration could simply be a server-side initiated invalidation of client-side authentication tokens or a 301 permanent redirect to point clients to a new endpoint. In those scenarios, no new client side software is installed, but it could still be characterized as an ‘adjustment’.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It's pretty simple: if it wasn't an OTA-update you could just log out and log in again.
Why is it so hard to accept that the car is being prepared by an OTA-update?
This is done at a specific time, at night.
For a reason.
Now that I think about it, it's maybe even country specific.
I've seen cars being updated in Norway by an OTA-update:

Porsche Taycan First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th… FB_IMG_1645993619280

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
If it wasn't an OTA-update, why would they mention that the car is being prepared then?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have not received any email. Very curious to see if my car will be impacted.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
You got it all wrong:

* It's not an OTA update – they change the server (backend software)
* you need to re-login after
* OTA: Porsche got it right. They built a secure system with "air gap" (i.e., no connection) between front-end infotainment system and important core systems
* That's why Tesla's get hacked…

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
My guess is that it's actually both. An OTA of the car that changes the configuration to use the new system, and a new MyPorsche back-end to which the car will be connecting to.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Why is it so hard to accept that the car is being prepared by an OTA-update?
because it's bulls**t. They fiddle or move some backend services as stated in the email.
Dream on.
What about a bet if you are so sure?

Overpromise and underperform is Porsche's digital connect slogan.

from yesterday:
Porsche Taycan First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th… 1650632606175

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
"Just switch between guest and your account."

Of course, if the PCM is in one of its moods and refused to connect to the external network – the attempt to switch back to your user account will fail.

😭
and

"lock your vehicle, step back, wait 2 minutes....repeat it several times, we don't know exactly what will happen, we hope that reboot will help"

"please don't park underground with no reception, but otherwise it's also fine..., we simply don't know and let you test it"

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
If it wasn't an OTA-update, why would they mention that the car is being prepared then?
I think it will be two phases : the first one is the reconnection to the new server as mentions the title of the email "Migration du système Porsche Connect à venir." the second could be an hypothetical future OTA-update after the car will be connected to the new platform ...

It's clearly stated in the beginning of the email that they will migrate the Porsche Connect services. So it means the backend to which the car is connecting.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
You got it all wrong:

* It's not an OTA update – they change the server (backend software)
* you need to re-login after
* OTA: Porsche got it right. They built a secure system with "air gap" (i.e., no connection) between front-end infotainment system and important core systems
* That's why Tesla's get hacked…
teslas get hacked? are you claiming that people other than the car's owner can hack into a tesla or it's systems?
maybe the car's owners can hack into their cars.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Porsche: doing no improvements to PCM and/or the server structure.
Taycan Forum: "Porsche is trash, they are a joke".

Porsche: doing improvements to PCM and/or the server structure.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
I helped you to correct it:

Porsche: doing improvements to PCM and/or the server structure.
Porsche: announcing upcoming changes to PCM and/or the server structure with 90th style reconnect retries/reboots.
Sponsored