First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th…

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This topic is about your former car being updated so someone else can have the fun you obviously never had.
I think that's just hilarious.
Well, let’s take a close look. The “fun” was when I got the money back when I sold the car, and the “hilarious” is that someone else now has to deal with these problems. I loved the car until it made me hate it, and it was “fun” at the beginning. But that faded quickly as all the problems and “updates” needed to be fixed. Having a car in the shop repeatedly doesn’t work for me, or my other 2 buddies that bailed before me. If it makes you happy, then god bless you. Takes a bit more than a overpriced and under developed car to do that for me …..

With warm personal regards,

john
Sponsored

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Well, let’s take a close look. The “fun” was when I got the money back when I sold the car, and the “hilarious” is that someone else now has to deal with these problems. I loved the car until it made me hate it, and it was “fun” at the beginning. But that faded quickly as all the problems and “updates” needed to be fixed. Having a car in the shop repeatedly doesn’t work for me, or my other 2 buddies that bailed before me. If it makes you happy, then god bless you. Takes a bit more than a overpriced and under developed car to do that for me …..

With warm personal regards,

john
Why are you here?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
But.. but.. the email says no OTA update.. you wanna bet on it?? Porsche is trash we never get OTA…

Some Taycan owners (and ex-owners) are just something else.
Complaining about complaining members is exactly the same thing.
Let us NOT go there.
It's frustrating enough if your beloved car gives you headaches, I can imaging that.
Still, we have to focus on the bright side: improvements.
It's just good to see Porsche is indeed still working on it and that should be praised.
I really wish there is/will be a 100% customer satisfaction but this is the real world: there isn't, never will be.
But let's get together here and not split the community in two groups.
We are one, even if discussions heat up. 😉

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
But let's get together here and not split the community in two groups.
But aren’t we already fractured into pro and anti PCCB? How can we reconcile that? We can’t. We have to split up custody of the forum.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
But aren’t we already fractured into pro and anti PCCB? How can we reconcile that? We can’t. We have to split up custody of the forum.
I thought it was pro and anti passenger display. THE most important feature of the car.

@Dee you are right. Sometimes I just feel these guys overwhelm this forum.

I wonder if this OTA update and after the 27th of april, the app will load much quicker. That would be the hope. Then it could also mean that the new connection/server structure makes it possible to send bigger updates to the cars. There must be at least one person at Porsche who knows that they have to push the topic of OTA and make the software better. But honestly, even if it is just minor stuff, the car is absolutely amazing as it is. I very rarely have an issue with the software and the drive is just too good to not love the car.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I assume the upgrade has already started.
I lost all connection even if the status is green and the screen on the app has lost a lot of options and functions on the main screen and the details.
I just have the remote, no %, no range, no Clim…
I’m happy I’m working and not on a road trip.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I assume the upgrade has already started.
I lost all connection even if the status is green and the screen on the app has lost a lot of options and functions on the main screen and the details.
I just have the remote, no %, no range, no Clim…
I’m happy I’m working and not on a road trip.
Same here. The SoC info is from two days ago. There is still some communication between car and server as the trip information is up to date.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Upgrade to the Connect services…

see video at

I received an email letter this morning detailing procedure because we must input our credential and PIN as well. Apparently many tries may be needed for all the online services to activate :headbang: They really are amateurs when it comes to OTA. Expecting the worst… hope it does not brick too many cars !
I’m hoping this works as well. If so those of us with 2020 and 2021 mods will be able to start matching services and upgrades as the new models are released.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Normally I’d welcome this but the timing sucks for me. I’ll be right in the middle of my first multi day road trip of well over 1000 miles with all likelihood of poor signal. Here’s hoping for a smooth experience🙏.
Hie thee to a Starbucks!

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Are there other MY 2020 owners that have not received any communications about this yet?

I have a MY 2020 TTS and no e-mail received. I am not having any issues (knocks wood) but don’t want to lose communication with the car/app either.

HungryEyes77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just received this email for my MY20 4S which has been in the shop since February so I won't connect to the new servers for awhile. Probably means I'll lose app connection with the car too.

From what I read, this sounds more like a back-end server update than anything we'll see in the UX. I had frequent no-data connection PCM errors so hopefully this helps with fewer errors.

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Are there other MY 2020 owners that have not received any communications about this yet?

I have a MY 2020 TTS and no e-mail received. I am not having any issues (knocks wood) but don’t want to lose communication with the car/app either.
I have a 2020 4S. Crickets on my end too.
Sponsored