Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Just seen Andrew Frankel's review of the GTS saloon (sedan) in UK Autocar. Full five stars and a conclusion that describes it as: "...the best version of the best electric car on sale - the Goldilocks edition, if you like." The final summary says "Blends the best elements from above and below in the range to create the most compelling Taycan model yet." .... That'll do.

He says he's also driven the GTS Sport Turismo but that is still under embargo so doubtless we'll be hearing more about that soon.

Any other early reviews out there?
Sponsored

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just saw this article in my Google news thread, a review from TopSpeed.com

" Moreover, the two electric motors sit on the rear axle (one for each rear wheel), which means that, just like the base Porsche Taycan, the Taycan GTS is rear-wheel-drive only. "

I feel dumb to ask.. but that's incorrect, right?

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Just saw this article in my Google news thread, a review from TopSpeed.com

" Moreover, the two electric motors sit on the rear axle (one for each rear wheel), which means that, just like the base Porsche Taycan, the Taycan GTS is rear-wheel-drive only. "

I feel dumb to ask.. but that's incorrect, right?
Yes.
Two Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors are therefore installed in the Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo, Taycan Turbo S and Taycan GTS as well as in the Taycan Cross Turismomodels – one on each axle – and the performance battery plus¹ is integrated deep in the underbody. The effect: superior driving dynamics and all-wheel drive that can be optimally adjusted to the fluctuation between efficiency and dynamics in the various driving modes.**

Reactions: B61

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yes.
Two Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors are therefore installed in the Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo, Taycan Turbo S and Taycan GTS as well as in the Taycan Cross Turismomodels – one on each axle – and the performance battery plus¹ is integrated deep in the underbody. The effect: superior driving dynamics and all-wheel drive that can be optimally adjusted to the fluctuation between efficiency and dynamics in the various driving modes.**
I thought so, but had that moment.. OMG, did I just assume it was AWD like the 4S? Thanks for that.
Sponsored