SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Picked up my 4S+ on Monday driving it as much as I can WOW its everything I had hoped it would be and more! Today I took it on the same switchback I do on the Ducati and its corners like its on rails it effortlessly eats up the road it is a very sold precise machine and tons of fun. I got the rear Axle steering with power steering plus which is amazing
Fit and finish is amazing, Paint job is second to none. No rattles or squeaks.
Main dash display is very well laid out easy to use and easy to switch information on the fly.

I went through all functions on the car and everything operates as its supposed to, even the frunk and trunk sensor work every time.
I got the massaging seats and they are better then other cars Ive had them in.

I find I like the enhanced sound in Spots plus more than I though I would.
I love the steering wheel perfect fell size and function.

Although I know I need to spend time with the car to learn the entertainment controls and functions I agree with most everyone that the PMC need some work its overly complicated with menus sub menus and then side menus, why the top line selection buttons need to be a lager fount / size than all the rest is strange it means all rows do not fit on one screen on the top screen will bug my OCD, having favorites just gathered into a list that needs to be scrolled down on is nice but it could be better I liked the eTron favorite function as it just created little buttons I think 9 or 12 a page that you can swipe through. I got the Bose sound system its OK I cant seem to get the Apple music to connect Im sure its user error and will dive into it when I have some free time....

Charging it on my ChargePoint with no issues charges every time. I did use the Porsche charger that came with the car just to test it and it works also I did find it indeed runs hot on the first cable (plug to charger)

All in all I am very happy with the car now I just need to drive it!

Porsche Taycan First thoughts on my 4S +dPxbFIxRfeJClaHs%PGm

Porsche Taycan First thoughts on my 4S tndZRpbjR4SQfhj%gk5wBA

Porsche Taycan First thoughts on my 4S SCFvDfBDQ46NNLrlOBOwaQ

Porsche Taycan First thoughts on my 4S OufXYz9WRRejhS7aTY7i%

Porsche Taycan First thoughts on my 4S image1

Last edited by a moderator:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Yes, that's my take so far, too! The RWS is enlightning.

San Francisco, hmmm... You do have a few steep roads, don't you? Do me a favor and drive up a quiet side road and when it's nice and steep, let go of gas pedal and do not hit the break pedal. What happens?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked up my 4S+ on Monday driving it as much as I can WOW its everything I had hoped it would be and more! Today I took it on the same switchback I do on the Ducati and its corners like its on rails
Congrats!
I am in the South Bay. Where did you drive the switchback? I wanted to drive to half moon bay, but with the fires, that trip has been delayed.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

San Francisco, hmmm... You do have a few steep roads, don't you? Do me a favor and drive up a quiet side road and when it's nice and steep, let go of gas pedal and do not hit the break pedal. What happens?
Awesome OP!

@feye My car is very confused by hills, if that's what you're getting at. It auto holds but then it's confused when to allow me to accelerate and when to auto brake, so it gets a bit jerky. Basically it re-engages auto hold whenever I let off the accelerator, which gets awkward.

Reversing up a hill was an uh.. embarrassing experience with people watching. Reminded me of the first time I had to stop a manual on a hill and then stalled it multiple times with people honking at me.

Last edited:

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I cant seem to get the Apple music to connect Im sure its user error and will dive into it when I have some free time....
Congratulations, beautiful car - enjoy. For the Apple music, did you link it to your Porsche ID in Porsche connect? It appears as a "purchase" that is $0. When you activate that, you receive an email that you follow to go to Apple Music and activate the service.

Once you do that, Apple Music will become active in your car, Mind you, it takes about a minute from when you start the car for the icon to become active.

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats!
I am in the South Bay. Where did you drive the switchback? I wanted to drive to half moon bay, but with the fires, that trip has been delayed.
I actually live in the Oakland hills and run my business out of San Francisco but anyway... Yes the fires have limited all most all routes for now no PCH, no drive up north to Stewarts Poin Rd. The road I did today is one I love to do on the bike and not one I usually do by car. It starts in the Oakalnd hills at the hills swim club down on to Pinehurst Rd to Redwood Rd into Castro Valley by the Redwood Canyon Goof Course then U-turn and go back it’s about a 30 mile round trip of very nice twists

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
My car is very confused by hills, if that's what you're getting at. It auto holds but then it's confused when to allow me to accelerate and when to auto brake, so it gets a bit jerky. Basically it re-engages auto hold whenever I let off the accelerator, which gets awkward.

Reversing up a hill was an uh.. embarrassing experience with people watching. Reminded me of the first time I had to stop a manual on a hill and then stalled it multiple times with people honking at me.
I see. I need to do the reverse back up testing, too.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I also pick up my Silver Taycan 4S this week but I haven't had a chance to drive it except to the house so far due to the threat of showers in the area. I will post thoughts on it within the next week.

Chuck J

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Actually, I thought you were going to say "drive up a nice quiet side road and when it's nice and steep put on the brake, step on the gas, release the brake, and see what happens?":like:

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I see you got the standard 19' wheels. On the Porsche configurator, they are not very appealing, but in actual photos of cars that I have seen, they look pretty nice. Do you plan to keep them as your primary wheels, or are you planning to switch out to custom wheels?

A recent range test of a 4S with the standard wheels gave pretty impressive range at 90 and 120 KPH, only slightly less than the Model S and on par with the Model 3 despite very different EPA ratings.

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see you got the standard 19' wheels. On the Porsche configurator, they are not very appealing, but in actual photos of cars that I have seen, they look pretty nice. Do you plan to keep them as your primary wheels, or are you planning to switch out to custom wheels?

A recent range test of a 4S with the standard wheels gave pretty impressive range at 90 and 120 KPH, only slightly less than the Model S and on par with the Model 3 despite very different EPA ratings.

I wanted 19"s and I plan to keep them on as my primary wheels, We have very poor quality roads here in N. California just full of pot holes and cracks and the 19's give you a smoother ride and better range. I am one week in and the estimated range has increased 10% from stated range at delivery. They also look much better in person.

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wanted 19"s and I plan to keep them on as my primary wheels, We have very poor quality roads here in N. California just full of pot holes and cracks and the 19's give you a smoother ride and better range. I am one week in and the estimated range has increased 10% from stated range at delivery. They all look much better in person.
Ditto for me in Northern Cal. I am not much of a wheel guy, but I like them because they feel more space-age to fit the theme of the electric sound.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I wanted 19"s and I plan to keep them on as my primary wheels, We have very poor quality roads here in N. California just full of pot holes and cracks and the 19's give you a smoother ride and better range.
Every time I hear this from someone in the Bay Area I have to think they've never lived anywhere with actual bad roads. We don't have winter, so you don't have entire highways turn to gravel from deterioration. I broke 3 wheels in the 3 years before I moved here in 2000, and none since. And those cars didn't have fancy wheels or anything low profile.

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Every time I hear this from someone in the Bay Area I have to think they've never lived anywhere with actual bad roads. We don't have winter, so you don't have entire highways turn to gravel from deterioration. I broke 3 wheels in the 3 years before I moved here in 2000, and none since. And those cars didn't have fancy wheels or anything low profile.
I haven't, Ive only lived in places with better roads. I have bent tires and pop ones in the bay area ( east bay mostly) when I had 21" and never on any car anywhere else with similar wheels when driving on actual paved roads. I have had no issues with 19" or smaller. But its not about breaking wheels its about bottoming out the car and the other issues that creates like damage to the car or rattles etc., I also just prefer the smoother ride that you get from 19" on my daily driver

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I haven't, Ive only lived in places with better roads. I have bent tires and pop ones in the bay area ( east bay mostly) when I had 21" and never on any car anywhere else with similar wheels when driving on actual paved roads. I have had no issues with 19" or smaller. But its not about breaking wheels its about bottoming out the car and the other issues that creates like damage to the car or rattles etc., I also just prefer the smoother ride that you get from 19" on my daily driver
I lived in the Bay Area for 15 years, and I have also lived in various locations in the Midwest and the East Coast. I would say that the Bay Area generally has above-average freeways and highways from a potential wheel damage perspective, while there are individual towns (even high-end towns) with some unusually horrible local roads. But you really do not know bad roads until you have spent some time on the East Coast, particularly the New York City metropolitan area. You can be on a smooth road and feel good, and suddenly run into a horrible pothole. I've replaced multiple wheels and tires since I have moved here, whereas in the Bay Area merely had to tolerate the occasional damage that allows continued driving.
Sponsored