Fixed 2/25 - Unable to activate newly updated Electrify America stations with My Porsche App

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been seeing consistent problems with trying to activate newly upgraded Electrify America stations with the My Porsche. App gives errors like "Charging station not reachable."
I end up having to call Electrify America and have them remote start it which is always a 15-20min call. Generally longer than my charging session.
I have reported this to both EA and Porsche North America.

I am wondering if others have seen this or do you have recent success at such upgraded stations.

Places I have had issue at:
  • Soledad California
  • Paso Robles California
  • Bakersfield California- Countyside Market
  • Irvine California- Spectrum Mall
Note: Pismo Beach is being upgraded now so I fear I will have problems there when completed.
Also Morro Bay is nearing completion with the new hardware.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s correct I do not have plug and charge for my car and less I spent about $7600 for the upgrade to the 22 kW onboard charger.

Note, I added two more locations along interstate 5 as I had to make a sudden road trip to Los Angeles this evening. The good thing is that Electrify America seems to be aware of this problem with portions and is able to activate in around six minutes now.

Of course, the really good thing would be for Electrify America and Porsche to just work out this problem.;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here’s an example of what you see from App Notifications on an iPhone

Porsche Taycan Fixed 2/25 - Unable to activate newly updated Electrify America stations with My Porsche App IMG_8196

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
FYI for those in California, both Pismo Beach and Camarillo EA stations are back on-line as of today with the new hardware with all stations except the CHAdeMO plug with 350kW capacity.
Great improvement for us Taycan owners.
Especially when the My Porsche app works to activate them 😉

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
As of today, I was able to activate a charge at one of these upgraded stations in Paso Robles using the Porsche app. It appears that the problems have been solved.
Sponsored