Goldent

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Took delivery of my Taycan right before the new year. Noticing now in certain light that the glossy black dash board has quite a few scratches on it most like from the factory. Anything I can do to repaint/ fix this?

Porsche Taycan Fixing scratches Black Dashboard area image
Sponsored

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Took delivery of my Taycan right before the new year. Noticing now in certain light that the glossy black dash board has quite a few scratches on it most like from the factory. Anything I can do to repaint/ fix this?

image.jpg
Sorry, man. Probably a dumb question but is there a protective film that comes from the factory to protect the finish that maybe wasn’t peeled off during the PDI? It kind of looks like there could be one in that pic.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Just get it wrapped with XPEL. Any installer can do it. All scratches will disappear.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Just get it wrapped with XPEL. Any installer can do it. All scratches will disappear.
This. Or plastic polish should take care of it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sorry, man. Probably a dumb question but is there a protective film that comes from the factory to protect the finish that maybe wasn’t peeled off during the PDI? It kind of looks like there could be one in that pic.
Warranty claim is worth a shot if you can assert they were present when you took delivery.

Pretty poor quality IMHO and a poor choice of materials for what is a premium car.

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I have just very successfully removed the scrathes from the black gloss panel above the glove box using SONAX PROFILINE Perfectfinish - High Gloss Polish for Slightly Scratched or Pre-polished Paintwork. Took 2 minutes polishing by hand using a very soft cloth. :like:
Sponsored