FOD only for MY21! Really!?

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just confirmed on the Porsche connect store that any FOD option is only available for 2021 models. If you have ACC and want Innodrive as a FOD download...not happening. Active lane assit...nope.

I find it rather pathetic that Porsche would leave out those that bought the fist batch of Taycan’s not more than a few months ago out of this functionality. Seems like a pretty poor business decision from where I stand.

I understand that HUD wasn’t available on 2020 models being a full on hardware implementation that was introduced in 2021 but to also not include some OTA software functionality for 2020 feels like a bit of a middle finger to those who bought the 2020. At the very least they could provide a software update to enable these OTA options.

It feels as though my 2020 is a 6 year old model which has since been completely updated from a computer standpoint and will not support all the new software improvements moving forward....Only 6 months later!
Sponsored

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That’s not a great business decision, why not sell the upgrades to everyone. I can only assume it’sa hardware issue rather than a software one.
Is the FOD service now active in the UK? If so how and where do I access it please?

Reactions: dan

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That’s not a great business decision, why not sell the upgrades to everyone. I can only assume it’sa hardware issue rather than a software one.
Is the FOD service now active in the UK? If so how and where do I access it please?
I wonder whether this has to do with the 2020 OTA units being susceptible to corruption upon downloads. If that is the case, hopefully FOD will work once the OTA issue has been resolved by the mythical software up-date we’ve all been waiting 3 months for.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I wonder whether this has to do with the 2020 OTA units being susceptible to corruption upon downloads. If that is the case, hopefully FOD will work once the OTA issue has been resolved by the mythical software up-date we’ve all been waiting 3 months for.
I'd agree. Until the 2020 cars get updated to match the 2021 software, likely they aren't going to bother creating special infrastructure just for 2020.

OP
OP

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve seen the FOD options in the Porsche Connect store US not sure about UK.

OP
OP

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Even if this were the case I still believe Porsche should make it a high priority to provide a timely update to the 2020 vehicles. Otherwise it simply comes across as a form of neglect towards those who purchased a Taycan last year. This is not the way most modern businesses work when it comes to technology based updates for earlier adopters. Taking Tesla as an example they roll out updates to all their vehicles simultaneously no matter the model year. The issues surrounding new hardware creating incompatibility issues would make sense 6 years later...not 6 months. If Porsche decided to enter the EV market, they should understand that above the fact they are a “drivers” vehicle and brand, there is also a technology layer involved which needs to be supported and handled in a professional and efficient manner.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve seen the FOD options in the Porsche Connect store US not sure about UK.
Thanks. Just checked and the only available item is the Porsche data sim package.

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks. Just checked and the only available item is the Porsche data sim package.
I have innodrive and active lane keeping as well as the data package as FOD options in My Porsche MY21

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have innodrive and active lane keeping as well as the data package as FOD options in My Porsche MY21
I already have those on my car (although I never use them), so assume thats why they are not showing on mine.
I hurt my neck recently and looking over my shoulder to move lanes is proving a little painful. I would really like the option to add the little lights on the mirror for the blind spot notification. The mirrors seem to have the little LED at the bottom already, it would be great to activate those...

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I hurt my neck recently and looking over my shoulder to move lanes is proving a little painful. I would really like the option to add the little lights on the mirror for the blind spot notification. The mirrors seem to have the little LED at the bottom already, it would be great to activate those...
The lights for blind spot monitoring are in the mirror towards the outside edge, not at the bottom. Sorry about your neck but doubt that is just software, and regardless you'd have to move your neck anyway as the BSM is only a backup and you can't rely on it to always light up.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I already have those on my car (although I never use them), so assume thats why they are not showing on mine.
@UKTIVO Do you have the side view mirror symbol on your instrument cluster active?
Lane Change Assist and LED brightness.
Hope this helps until your neck is better.

Porsche Taycan FOD only for MY21! Really!? 1BA07E86-ADF6-4BF8-8BC0-E479E5885643

Last edited:

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@UKTIVO Do you have the side view mirror symbol on your instrument cluster active?
Lane Change Assist and LED brightness.
Hope this helps until your neck is better.

1BA07E86-ADF6-4BF8-8BC0-E479E5885643.jpeg
Thanks.. Unfortunately I don't have this option.. Like everything Porsche, it was an extra cost on top of the Innodrive option I believe.

Thanks for the kind words. Appreciated.

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hmm. Disappointing for us early adopters although there is really nothing I wanted on the list. Are we still getting the wireless car play software update?

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes same, I would like this as an FOD option
Sponsored