mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
I picked my 4S up today and spent a few happy minutes setting it up. 'Covid safety' meant a short handover, however.
I maybe being stupid but I can't find the setting for the folding door mirrors. I did spec it so it should be there. And I can't get the comfort access for the frunk to work. Probably the same menu.
Any pointers?
Sponsored

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I picked my 4S up today and spent a few happy minutes setting it up. 'Covid safety' meant a short handover, however.
I maybe being stupid but I can't find the setting for the folding door mirrors. I did spec it so it should be there. And I can't get the comfort access for the frunk to work. Probably the same menu.
Any pointers?
If you have it, there is a button to activate it on the driver door. Below the window buttons. The setting is in veichle settings and locks something. «Fold mirrors when locking the veichle». I can check in 30mins if no one else comes to your rescue.

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Vehicle setting - Vehicle locking system - Fold in exterior mirrors when locking

OP
OP

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks JonasOfNorway and galaxyclass.

I am probably just being dense (so that light bends around me :rolleyes:). I will have another look tomorrow.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
If I remember correctly you can also hold the lock button on key fob for a few secs and that folds them in

Snappy77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Even though I knew where my folding mirror button was I didn't know about all the other locking / unlocking settings. So, thanks. :)

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Doesn't work for my car.
Porsche Taycan Folding door mirrors E2941D3E-AE33-4E84-9F08-B94B9012D836

Maybe hold the lock button after the car has been locked. Not used this since I changed the settings so it’s been a while

OP
OP

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks everyone. I managed to find the setting for the auto fold door mirrors this morning. Frunk is still reluctant tho. I’ll keep trying.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Last edited:

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
After countless times, I still cannot get the mirrors to foldin by locking the car and then holding the lock button down... Anyone in US/Canada got it to work? Maybe it's a regional thing again...

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
After countless times, I still cannot get the mirrors to foldin by locking the car and then holding the lock button down... Anyone in US/Canada got it to work? Maybe it's a regional thing again...
It appears it may be equipment dependent.
Page 161 US manual item D. Do you have this button?
Page 162 US manual discusses the fob technique previously mentioned and the PCM screen set up in vehicle settings.
Have you tried in Settings? I imagine if you have the required equipment it would allow you to set it up in settings.
Hope you have it.

Porsche Taycan Folding door mirrors 325EC522-0B6A-4FA6-86F7-C3858ABC4424

Porsche Taycan Folding door mirrors BC23969A-874A-427B-AF9B-167FD6DE36C3

Last edited:

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
It appears it may be equipment dependent.
Page 161 US manual item D. Do you have this button?
Page 162 US manual discusses the fob technique previously mentioned and the PCM screen set up in vehicle settings.
Have you tried in Settings? I imagine if you have the required equipment it would allow you to set it up in settings.
Hope you have it.

325EC522-0B6A-4FA6-86F7-C3858ABC4424.png

BC23969A-874A-427B-AF9B-167FD6DE36C3.png
Thanks for the feedback... Yes, I have the option to fold in the mirrors and the "D" button... I don't want the mirrors to automatically fold in when locking... so I didn't pick this option in the PCM... just want to do it after getting out of the car by pressing the remote...

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
@bosch88 Maybe you need to tick the settings option to Fold in exterior Mirrors when locking to make the key fob lock symbol set this up.
The mirrors only go in with this box selected with comfort access if you touch the door handle. Possibly it needs to be selected for the key fob also. Just a thought.
Sponsored