SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
My new Taycan RWD has just arrived at the port of Emden. Once it is loaded onboard a vehicle carrier, can I expect that My Porsche will advise me of the name of the vessel? If so, what is the best way to track that vessel on its journey to the the port of Benicia in northern California?
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
My new Taycan RWD has just arrived at the port of Emden. Once it is loaded onboard a vehicle carrier, can I expect that My Porsche will advise me of the name of the vessel? If so, what is the best way to track that vessel on its journey to the the port of Benicia in northern California?
Yes, it will show the name of the vessel. Several free trackers - but the free stuff doesn’t work the entire way because you’ll need satellite tracking for that which is a paid option on most sites once you get out further to sea.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
To see the ship the car will be on, keep checking the "on vessel" milestone on TYD.

Even before the red line to "on vessel" milestone is highlighted, you will eventually see label "Assigned to <ship name>" under the "on vessel" milestone label.

Also, be aware that many of the estimated dates that TYD displays for intermediate milestones after car is at Emden will be overly generous - meaning further out than what actually happens. Except that the current/original estimated date for final delivery to dealer milestone can turn out to be fairly accurate.

Last edited:

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
My Taycan CT4 arrived at Emden Port on Jan 14th. I'm in Sacramento, so our cars might take the trip together to Benecia ?? My TYD for on vessel is Jan 21st, what does yours say out of curiosity ?

OP
OP

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Taycan CT4 arrived at Emden Port on Jan 14th. I'm in Sacramento, so our cars might take the trip together to Benecia ?? My TYD for on vessel is Jan 21st, what does yours say out of curiosity ?
No, my TYD milestone says January 28th for On Vessel. Although, my car arrived at the port on January 17, only 3 days later than yours. That said, they still might end up on the same ship as my port arrival was several days earlier than the TYD had estimated.

OP
OP

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, it will show the name of the vessel. Several free trackers - but the free stuff doesn’t work the entire way because you’ll need satellite tracking for that which is a paid option on most sites once you get out further to sea.
Can you recommend a reliable tracker, even if it requires payment?

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
marinetraffic.com
vesselfinder.com
myshiptracking.com
fleetmon.com
vesseltracker.com

They're all basically the same but try them all for free and then pay for whichever one you want if you want tracking in the open ocean. You will really only be able to see them within a few miles of shore if you don't pay.

YanJagger

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G70 2020 real photo tuning
Country flag
Congrats on your new Taycan RWD making its way to the port of Emden. Exciting times ahead! Regarding tracking the vessel carrying your Porsche, I'm not sure if Porsche directly provides the name of the vessel. However, you can always reach out to their customer service to inquire about it. Alternatively, you might consider checking with Cross Country Car Shipping, as they specialize in shipping vehicles across the country. They could provide guidance on tracking the vessel and keeping you updated on its journey to the port of Benicia in northern California.

Last edited:

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
To see the ship the car will be on, keep checking the "on vessel" milestone on TYD.

Even before the red line to "on vessel" milestone is highlighted, you will eventually see label "Assigned to <ship name>" under the "on vessel" milestone label.

Also, be aware that many of the estimated dates that TYD displays for intermediate milestones after car is at Emden will be overly generous - meaning further out than what actually happens. Except that the current/original estimated date for final delivery to dealer milestone can turn out to be fairly accurate.
Is this still applicable. I wonder if mine did actually left the port as claimed haha.