Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am talking more specifically either the M3P or Model S vs the Taycan. I used to own both the Model X as well as M3 Dual Motor and while it was enjoyable the first few months due to its gimmicks; it quickly wore off. Corners were not inspiring to turn and overall driving experience felt like this car is clearly made so that one day the machine would drive it, not you. I am not trying to insult anyone who owns Teslas because I admire their tech and what they did for the EV space. I am just curious to every time you finish driving the Taycan, wouldn't the Tesla just feel worse?
Sponsored

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am talking more specifically either the M3P or Model S vs the Taycan. I used to own both the Model X as well as M3 Dual Motor and while it was enjoyable the first few months due to its gimmicks; it quickly wore off. Corners were not inspiring to turn and overall driving experience felt like this car is clearly made so that one day the machine would drive it, not you. I am not trying to insult anyone who owns Teslas because I admire their tech and what they did for the EV space. I am just curious to every time you finish driving the Taycan, wouldn't the Tesla just feel worse?

I have driven a M3 for 2 years now. I love the gimmicks (still; with the many features which come with them), and the range. I hate the look of it (inside and outside). I'm OK with the handling (I do not track it).
I have driven a Taycan 4S for one day and a RWD for a week (still waiting for delivery of my car) and:
- I love the the M3 gimmicks and range even more than before;
- I hate the look of it even more than before;
- I remain neutral on the handling.

Moreover, while the M3 goes quite unnoticed (apart from people with the usual EV questions, like "what's the range?", "how long does it take to charge?" ) the Taycan gets a lot of attention, much more than my 911. Too much for my taste, but it's probably due to the rarity of the car and will fade with time.

Last edited:

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Same as above and i also remember that my Model 3P was 3 times less expensive than my Taycan.

Was it 3 times worse? no

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
Yes, the Tesla (Model S in my case) did just feel worse and now it's gone.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I had the Tesla X (still do) since it was first introduced. It’s not targeting the same experience as my Taycan CT. It seats 7 and even the third row is more comfortable than everything except for the excessively large land yachts, and it genuinely has loads of cargo space. It really served my family of 5 extremely well. And it was blisteringly fast and did not handle badly (and brakes were not bad).

Now that we just dropped off the third and last child at Uni last weekend, passenger and cargo space is no longer critical, and I can now emphasize driving dynamics and, well, luxury. I’m so happy now (my windshield wipers even work-very clear that Tesla’s were designed by a Californian who had a theoretical idea about rain but had never actually experienced it), but I would not have chosen Taycan CT earlier even if it had been available simply because it would not meet my needs.

I just don’t think they are in the same category, so they are not even competing in the same game. Now, I have never had an S or a normal Taycan, which I imagine would be a much better comparison.

Reactions: B61

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I have driven a M3 for 2 years now. I love the gimmicks (still; with the many features which come with them), and the range. I hate the look of it (inside and outside). I'm OK with the handling (I do not track it).
I have driven a Taycan 4S for one day and a RWD for a week (still waiting for delivery of my car) and:
- I love the the M3 gimmicks and range even more than before;
- I hate the look of it even more than before;
- I remain neutral on the handling.

Moreover, while the M3 goes quite unnoticed (apart from people with the usual EV questions, like "what's the range?", "how long does it take to charge?" ) the Taycan get a lot of attention, much more than my 911. Too much for my taste, but it's probably due to the rarity of the car and will fade with time.
Agree regarding the attention it gets. I love my 22 RWD and use it as my daily, but I also limit where I take it because of the attention.

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
. I am just curious to every time you finish driving the Taycan, wouldn't the Tesla just feel worse?
Haha.. for me the answer is : NO

I ve owned a Macan, Panamera, still own a Tesla Model S and a Taycan..

Model S is a vastly different car than the Taycan.

I actually prefer the Model S ( when speeds stay below 120-130kph) for fast drives the Taycan.

While the driving dynamics of the model
s are no match for the Taycan.. I absolutely don’t mind taking the model S instead of the Taycan..

Also as a family car I prefer the Model S. Vastly more cargo space, also much easier getting in and out and more space for passengers..

Model S is the best car I ve ever had and the Taycan is an electric pseudo sports car…

just my 2 cents

also : I park my model s wherever I want, I almost don’t care for scratches.

The Taycan gets more attention.. don’t want to park it everywhere.. but more special imho.

last thing : you need to be very careful with the Taycan and speed bumps.. very careful.. but like a 911 in that regard. With the model S you don’t need to worry about those things

Last edited: